Horrible Corsair Customer Support.

Go to solution Solved by DjQba,
3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Worst case, try to have it escalated through social media by sending their Support a DM and explaining the situation. Sometimes not having the same person at the other end of the conversation can do wonders, give them your ticket number and explain them how Amazon works since they clearly have no clue.

Good Idea.... I will calm down and wait for his reply. I don't want to get him in trouble....................yet.  ;)

Hey Guys I have been bless with 15 years without dealing with PC Parts RMAs, but lately it has been a nightmare.

Check out what Corsair Support just wrote today:

Staff Account (E******* M*** B) via channel 'Email' 04/10/2019 12:23 AM
Hello *****,

Based on then invoice that you you uploaded, the order date and shipment date is the same. Unfortunately, the shipping method says otherwise ( two day shipment). Your warranty request will be denied for submitting a fake invoice.

Thank you for choosing Corsair.

To be Honest the ticket does says it ship it the same day the order was made, but everybody knows AMAZON sometimes ships the same day to Prime Members, or I'm just a lucky guy?

Please convince me this just did not happened and what are my choices if this guy continues to be a pain?

Thank you. and hopefully there are not that many of you.

Not sure I understand here, your warranty request was denied... because the shipping method is two day but Amazon's invoice says "one day" ?

In any case, try to have it escalated. That service rep clearly has no idea how amazon works or how to read their invoice.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

7 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Not sure I understand here, your warranty request was denied... because the shipping method is two day but Amazon's invoice says "one day" ?

In any case, try to have it escalated.

I don't neither.  The unit is not even a year old. and the product is AX860 Power Supply (I'm pretty sure it has minimum 5 Years). This guy must be crazy or on a High doze of stress.

9 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

You just need to reply without any anger and more proof the clearly shows the shipment info from amazon.

I tried, but break at the end and suggest him to show the pic to his boss. :(

LOL what??

Two day shipping means that you receive the order in two days.

The shipment date is when it is SENT by amazon, which is often the same day that the order is placed...

Whoever this guy at corsair is they have no idea how amazon works, try tweeting at corsair or posting on reddit, and post a link to this thread, because that's ridiculous.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Worst case, try to have it escalated through social media by sending their Support a DM and explaining the situation. Sometimes not having the same person at the other end of the conversation can do wonders, give them your ticket number and explain to  them how Amazon works since they clearly have no clue.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Worst case, try to have it escalated through social media by sending their Support a DM and explaining the situation. Sometimes not having the same person at the other end of the conversation can do wonders, give them your ticket number and explain them how Amazon works since they clearly have no clue.

Good Idea.... I will calm down and wait for his reply. I don't want to get him in trouble....................yet.  ;)

Corsair and G.Skill have horrible customer service. Have had to have 7 Corsair products RMA'd. Yes, seven. Every time is has been a pain in the ass to get it taken care of. Will never buy Corsair again.

As for G.Skill, I had a RAM kit crap out on me, and they claimed a spec of dirt that got on one of the pins during transit was 'pin damage' and was user error. They wouldn't replace it, even though it was dirt. They put tape on it and pointed to the pin in question. I wiped off the dirt and the pin was perfectly fine. Companies will do everything they can to get out of honoring their warranty.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

18 hours ago, DjQba said:

Hey Guys I have been bless with 15 years without dealing with PC Parts RMAs, but lately it has been a nightmare.

Check out what Corsair Support just wrote today:

Staff Account (E******* M*** B) via channel 'Email' 04/10/2019 12:23 AM
Hello *****,

Based on then invoice that you you uploaded, the order date and shipment date is the same. Unfortunately, the shipping method says otherwise ( two day shipment). Your warranty request will be denied for submitting a fake invoice.

Thank you for choosing Corsair.

To be Honest the ticket does says it ship it the same day the order was made, but everybody knows AMAZON sometimes ships the same day to Prime Members, or I'm just a lucky guy?

Please convince me this just did not happened and what are my choices if this guy continues to be a pain?

Thank you. and hopefully there are not that many of you.

We have a pretty straight forward process, and it's usually quick and painless, but maybe there is some confusion happening on the ticket.  Can you PM me your ticket number so I can look into this with our technical support staff?

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

11 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

We have a pretty straight forward process, and it's usually quick and painless, but maybe there is some confusion happening on the ticket.  Can you PM me your ticket number so I can look into this with our technical support staff?

See guys, this is what good support is like! Thank you corsair nick, whoever helpful and very professionnal person you are behind this account! Keep us updated on how it goes OP!

No worries, I'm here to help all of you guys out.  If you make it out to one of the major North America events like Dreamhack Montreal, or PAX East or West, etc., there is a good chance I'll be there too.  Come by the booth and say Hi.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 1:52 PM, Corsair Nick said:

Thank you Nick.

I call the Support Phone number and the person sounds a bit defensive until he read what the previous one wrote and promised me he was going to take care of the issue. A few minutes later he wrote back and express that he personally called Amazon and verified the invoice. He even offers me to pay for the incoming shipping.

From now on I'm going to take some friendly advice and try two times, different methods with all Companies.  I guest things have change from 10 years ago.

Thank you for your response. By the way I was the one who screw it up at the end. With all the rush with the prepaid shipping I forgot to include the RMA number on the outside.  What are the penalties for it, I'm hoping they do not returned just because, right? Anyways thank you for your time and response.

of course constructive discussion always helps the way forward.

but getting accused for having faked documentation, without the company even doing the proper examination, and checking up with Amazon would make me extremely mad as a customer.

i don´t even care, if many people cheat and they see it a lot, I don´t. for me i would 100% stop buying anything from corsair, and i would run it through with them, to ensure that it is cleared up.

one thing i as a person hate, is to be accused of something wrongfully. and it is really bad business. 

I think it is good that you make a post of it, since this may NOT happen. It is a crime that they are saying you did, that is punisable,

13 hours ago, DjQba said:

Thank you Nick.

I call the Support Phone number and the person sounds a bit defensive until he read what the previous one wrote and promised me he was going to take care of the issue. A few minutes later he wrote back and express that he personally called Amazon and verified the invoice. He even offers me to pay for the incoming shipping.

From now on I'm going to take some friendly advice and try two times, different methods with all Companies.  I guest things have change from 10 years ago.

Thank you for your response. By the way I was the one who screw it up at the end. With all the rush with the prepaid shipping I forgot to include the RMA number on the outside.  What are the penalties for it, I'm hoping they do not returned just because, right? Anyways thank you for your time and response.

Good to hear everything was cleared up with the agent assisting you.  Go ahead and PM me your ticket number and I'll notify one of our senior customer service agents.  From there they can work with you to locate the RMA once it arrives.