Coffee/Tea Thread

DDR3RAMpager

Caffeine Time!!!

As someone who spends a lot of time at a desk at the office, I need caffeine. I thought it would be interesting to start a thread for people to talk about their favourite caffeine delivery solutions and generally nerd out!

Just a suggestion of what to post:

1. What coffee/tea you are drinking
  2. What you used to make it
  3. Photos! (optional)
  4. Any other nerdy gear stuff / recipes etc...

I'm not currently drinking anything, I'm going to go fix that...

I don't drink caffeine. It makes me urinate too much and distract me from my long hours of coding marathon. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 hours ago, wasab said:

I don't drink caffeine. It makes me urinate too much and distract me from my long hours of coding marathon. 

Caffeine pills are cheap.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

45 minutes ago, Techicolors said:

chickfila cold brew iced coffee is really good

I'm in the UK so the only mainstream place you can get cold brew is Starbucks, but there are a lot of independent places doing it. I love nitro cold brew!

I don't have too much time to brew my own tea, but I'll usually have Earl Grey Stash tea.

I suppose I like a chairs a little too much.

1 hour ago, DDR3RAMpager said:

I'm in the UK so the only mainstream place you can get cold brew is Starbucks, but there are a lot of independent places doing it. I love nitro cold brew!

Brew a sizeable mug of very sweet black coffee, stick it in the fridge....then later when I want some, top it off with blue top full fat milk. Tastes about right xD 

I'm currently trying out green tea, I may go with jasmine tea instead though, because I grew up drinking that shit and I like it. Most green tea just tastes wank. Although I've had a cough recently and a home remedy is putting honey in hot drinks....It's the only way to make it pleasant to drink :D 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

I didnt consume caffein, i just kinda deal with my sleepiness. I didnt consume coffee either cause it will make me burp all day.

I love milk tea..what i usually make at home is a regular tea with a melted chocolate bar sometimes powder,sugar,milk,condensed milk and

Vanilla cream

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

7 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tea

(Tea is nasty)

How dare you sir..

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

At the moment it’s instant coffee with no milk or sugar (just like my life RIP). About 3-5 per day, so I’ve cut down a lot.

I don't like coffee, because the way people talk about it makes it seem just as unhealthy as smoking, so i stay away from that caffeine shit.

Seems very addictive with major withdrawal symptoms.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Black tea all the way, 5-7 cups a day is average

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Actually... allow me to turn this thread on it's head by introducing you to the beautiful beverage known as 'Yuenyeung'. It's a combination of coffee and milk tea, can be enjoyed hot or cold, and when mixed right, you get the initial taste of one, and the aftertaste of the other ❤️

I originally found out about it through my parents, it's a very popular drink in Hong Kong. Anyone who likes both beverages I recommend you find a place that might serve it, or even try and brew it yourself.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Work coffee: Nescafe machine, too much choice in it. Much better than the old Kenco one.

Home coffee: Usually Nescafe Gold (instant), sometimes I get the other variations depending on availability. Tried posh coffee before but they're too much work for not enough gain, and don't want to bother with a machine.

Work other: I've largely stopped drinking English tea, but there are non-caffeinated alternatives. I do like a Twinings Lemon and Ginger, or Peppermint infusion depending on my mood. Occasionally I might have a green tea.

Home other: Got a variety, more green tea, decaf English, peppermint, lemon and ginger, oolong, ginseng if you can even call that a tea... depends on mood. I don't tend to have caffeine at home other than from instant coffee.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

19 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Coffee > Tea

But Soda/Pop >>>> Coffee >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tea

(Tea is nasty)

A controversial opinion sir, however will the internet cope...

6 hours ago, porina said:

Work coffee: Nescafe machine, too much choice in it. Much better than the old Kenco one.

Home coffee: Usually Nescafe Gold (instant), sometimes I get the other variations depending on availability. Tried posh coffee before but they're too much work for not enough gain, and don't want to bother with a machine.

Work other: I've largely stopped drinking English tea, but there are non-caffeinated alternatives. I do like a Twinings Lemon and Ginger, or Peppermint infusion depending on my mood. Occasionally I might have a green tea.

Home other: Got a variety, more green tea, decaf English, peppermint, lemon and ginger, oolong, ginseng if you can even call that a tea... depends on mood. I don't tend to have caffeine at home other than from instant coffee.

I found a really great mint tea which also contained cardamom. Can't for the life of me remember what it was, but damn it was good!

On 4/7/2019 at 10:52 AM, DDR3RAMpager said:

Just a suggestion of what to post:

1. What coffee/tea you are drinking
  2. What you used to make it
  3. Photos! (optional)
  4. Any other nerdy gear stuff / recipes etc...
  1. Black coffee; cold
  2. A mason jar and some course ground beans
  3. [maybe later]
  4. 6T coffee to 32oz water

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

14 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

All hail Yorkshire Tea, specifically Yorkshire Gold.

Man after my own heart. Although I have been drinking lots of earl grey at work because I can drink it without milk. 

12 minutes ago, Velcade said:
  1. Black coffee; cold
  2. A mason jar and some course ground beans
  3. [maybe later]
  4. 6T coffee to 32oz water

Simple, high caffeine, love it!

2 minutes ago, DDR3RAMpager said:

Simple, high caffeine, love it!

It really does make a difference.  I use to just brew a pot of coffee and when it was cool stick in the fridge but found that to be inconsistent and bitter.

This just 'brews' overnight and I drain off the grounds.  Lasts a couple days and it's bold and smooth.?

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

8 minutes ago, Velcade said:

It really does make a difference.  I use to just brew a pot of coffee and when it was cool stick in the fridge but found that to be inconsistent and bitter.

This just 'brews' overnight and I drain off the grounds.  Lasts a couple days and it's bold and smooth.?

Do you find bean quality makes a difference much with cold brew?