Coffee/Tea Thread

DDR3RAMpager
Just now, DDR3RAMpager said:

Do you find bean quality makes a difference much with cold brew?

Good question.  I like a light roast but haven't deviated much from Dunkin Original or Folger's Breakfast Blend to be able to tell a difference in bean quality.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

Good question.  I like a light roast but haven't deviated much from Dunkin Original or Folger's Breakfast Blend to be able to tell a difference in bean quality.

I may have to experiment

At work I drink machine coffee, black. While it is a decent machine, I don't much like the taste of it. It's do-able though. When I don't feel like drinking coffee, I have a box of Earl Gray teabags at the ready, can't go wrong with those :D

At home (and when camping/weekends) I have a percolator/moka/espresso 'machine', which produces a very strong but very rich and tasty batch of the black gold. Just fill it up with water and grounds, put on stove and wait till the thing makes noise :P 

41169ZAI08L._SX425_.jpg

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

At home I usually use my espresso machine with fresh beans from a coffee shop. Sometimes black when I really want to taste the coffee, and other times I make a cappucino/latte (they aren't very different with my skill set :P ) when I want a lighter drink.

At work I use these beans from Lavazza with my french press and I quite like it.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

8 hours ago, WikiForce said:

I used to drink tea atleast 2 times a day when we were in our previous house (once in afternoon and evening) but i ever since we shifted here (to our new house, ironically it is rather old) it was slowly started to be limited and for last several months completely vanished as my room is upstairs and i don't dare to go downstairs much (because of my anxiety i avoid people alot).

Been there, I avoided shared living room (was just a communal store space for bulky things) and kitchen. I snuck a microwave into my room and cooked it all in that.

This was long before internet food ordering so these days I would prob just have ordered everything online.

Now I have my own house things are much better, if you forget about the 3 year old lodger I seemed to have acquired at some point...

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I'm going to have to start travelling a lot for work so I might put together a coffee kit to take with me. Any suggestions?

Can't drink coffee for the life of me. It gives me headaches and makes me jittery, also I haven't really felt anything different after drinking coffee. But, I could drink tea all day, I personally prefer an Earl Grey with lemon, although I don't get anything from the caffeine I love the taste.

'IM THE VIDEO GAME BOY, IM THE ONE WHO WINS' - Arin Hanson

Generally if I feel like faffing about I'll use my aeropress and have a cup or 2 of coffee in the morning. Usually a pretty robust and dark roast like a sumatran style. Otherwise I'll just have a double espresso. I always take my coffee black since I rather enjoy the taste. Always hot as well. Overall I like darker or medium roasts so thats what I gravitate to.

As for teas, I'm all over the place. I like European style black tea in the morning like your Irish Breakfasts/Earl Greys/Orange Pekoe variants. The middle of the day I usually like something lighter like a Sencha or a Gyokuro and then in the evenings its Chinese black teas, I'm liking 金骏眉 in particular right now. Sometimes I'll have a green tea instead.

I used to work in a coffee shop, very similar to Starbucks but not. Because of this, I learned to make some very complex drink mixes. Though, I don't drink them often anymore. There is way too much sugar for my diet. My favorite things are:

Oolong Tea and Coffee with a small amount of Sugar and Almond Milk

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

On 4/7/2019 at 4:52 PM, DDR3RAMpager said:

Caffeine Time!!!

As someone who spends a lot of time at a desk at the office, I need caffeine. I thought it would be interesting to start a thread for people to talk about their favourite caffeine delivery solutions and generally nerd out!

Just a suggestion of what to post:

1. What coffee/tea you are drinking
  2. What you used to make it
  3. Photos! (optional)
  4. Any other nerdy gear stuff / recipes etc...

I'm not currently drinking anything, I'm going to go fix that...

scrape the grass out the lawn mower and chuck it in some leftover dish water brang to the boil, leave to simmer in the oven at 230 degrees for 10 mins, then serve with crumpets and maybe scones with jam and cream.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)