Zalman 10x Cooler can S my D

bigdl72

Its your standard aftermarket air cooler but after you put it on the cpu there is about half an inch that you need to screw it to the backplate. on the box there is a picture of clips that are curved at the ends so that you can get that half inch and screw it in no pwobbblum. same thing if you look it up on youtube videos. well my clips are flat, both the intel and amd, meaning that you cannot mount it anywhuuurz cuz. woulda gone for the hyper 212 but they were all out. dont go zalmac 

Really? S my D?

I know Zalman's mounting solution isn't the best, but anyone with a decent IQ can figure it out

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Proper grammar, ever heard of it?

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Jeesh people. How about giving a thoughtful post instead of trying to attack the dude

Really? S my D?

I know Zalman's mounting solution isn't the best, but anyone with a decent IQ can figure it out

No need for petty insults.

Proper grammar, ever heard of it?

Being nice, ever heard of it?

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Really? S my D?

you cant do it dude. the clips would have to be bent so much that it would put too much pressure on the cpus edges. 

Really? S my D?

Actually with some of their coolers you literally cant reach the screws. Not all. But some.

Its your standard aftermarket air cooler but after you put it on the cpu there is about half an inch that you need to screw it to the backplate. on the box there is a picture of clips that are curved at the ends so that you can get that half inch and screw it in no pwobbblum. same thing if you look it up on youtube videos. well my clips are flat, both the intel and amd, meaning that you cannot mount it anywhuuurz cuz. woulda gone for the hyper 212 but they were all out. dont go zalmac 

Did you try to contact Zalman yet?

Maybe the clips you have are defective? (i.e. the processing machine didn't bent them)

I remember a few members suggested you to contact Zalman; they would help your RMA the cooler or ship you new clips.

Erm....http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/104883-zalman-cnps-10x-cooler-wont-install-wrong-clips/

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Did you try to contact Zalman yet?

Maybe the clips you have are defective? (i.e. the processing machine didn't bent them)

I remember a few members suggested you to contact Zalman; they would help your RMA the cooler or ship you new clips.

Erm....http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/104883-zalman-cnps-10x-cooler-wont-install-wrong-clips/

thanks for the suggestion but i already returned it for a full refund so that now i can just get a hyper 212 evo. the only reason i got the zalman in the first place is because they didnt have the hyper 212 at fry's and i already had my system ready to go for over a month. 

also heres something i probably shouldve mentioned, frys sells refurbished products, so basically if its returned with missing screws or paste or whatever they supply all those parts so it can be like new. has full manufacturer and retail warranty. its just to much of a headache to call and be waiting and get dicked around. im happy with my decision still. i ordered the new cooler on amazon so it should be getting here either today or tomorrow, thanks for the help though guys 

Really? S my D?

Whats wrong about a cpu cooler Styling his Dew? :)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."