Water boiling with h55!!!

I have the h55 120mm on the rtx 2080 ti using the g12 braket 

the temps after oc to 2000/7500  in one hour test are 66-69c 

Its is almost like the stock coller

i can tuch the pipes or the radiator and fell them almost to worm to tuch, like the water almost boiling! 

What  can I do? I can’t replace the h55 it’s to late, and I don’t have room for 240mm rad

here is a picture of it, it is the SP120 fan.

any seggustion?  

image.jpg

Aside from adding another fan to the radiator, theres nothing you can do to make it any cooler. You could get a bigger aio but like you said, you dont have room for it.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

If the water was about to boil you would probably not be able to touch the tubes without actiually searing your fingers, anyway thats what you get with a 120mm AIO. They kinda suck. You can try better paste, more fan speed and a remount though

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

10 minutes ago, Orel said:

almost to warm to touch, like the water almost boiling!

FYI the human skin has a very low tolerance for temperature.  30°C feels lukewarm, but anything over 40°C will already be too hot to touch. 

120mm AIO generally does 120-150 Watts, 240 does 240-300. 2080ti is 250 by default, a lot of the AIO used are 140 or bigger. Even Kingpin's cards a 240/280 for Turing.

By default they will feel hot, that means they are doing their job. If the liquid temp goes above 65 though, that could be a problem for long term use, although its hard to say what its at without sensors

46 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

If the water was about to boil you would probably not be able to touch the tubes without actiually searing your fingers, anyway thats what you get with a 120mm AIO. They kinda suck. You can try better paste, more fan speed and a remount though

15 minutes ago, Joelw2003 said:

They're not even bad temps lmao and the was is not boiling if it was you wouldn't be able to touch it.

20 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

120mm AIO generally does 120-150 Watts, 240 does 240-300. 2080ti is 250 by default, a lot of the AIO used are 140 or bigger. Even Kingpin's cards a 240/280 for Turing.

By default they will feel hot, that means they are doing their job. If the liquid temp goes above 65 though, that could be a problem for long term use, although its hard to say what its at without sensors

41 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

FYI the human skin has a very low tolerance for temperature.  30°C feels lukewarm, but anything over 40°C will already be too hot to touch. 

46 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

A friend of mine gave me a ek varder 

i imiditlay went down from 70c to 62 max!

i want to add another fan, do a push pull, it will require a lot of work, is it worth it? You think I can squize more? 

41 minutes ago, Orel said:

A friend of mine gave me a ek varder 

i imiditlay went down from 70c to 62 max!

i want to add another fan, do a push pull, it will require a lot of work, is it worth it? You think I can squize more? 

Thats quite the drop from a good fan, thats nice :D A single Vardar isnt too expensive so if you want it lower you could go for it or you could be happy with this nice improvement already

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, Orel said:

I have the h55 120mm on the rtx 2080 ti using the g12 braket 

the temps after oc to 2000/7500  in one hour test are 66-69c 

Its is almost like the stock coller

i can tuch the pipes or the radiator and fell them almost to worm to tuch, like the water almost boiling! 

What  can I do? I can’t replace the h55 it’s to late, and I don’t have room for 240mm rad

here is a picture of it, it is the SP120 fan.

any seggustion?  

image.jpg

How old is the Corsair H55? It sounds like a broken pump to me, same thing happened to me with my Corsair GTX h100i, it started to run at 87c on my cpu. Corsair parts have a warranty, so it may still be under warranty, just make sure you get a copy of the receipt wherever you purchased it from. I think on coolers it's 5 years. My cooler's pump was dead and Corsair shipped a replacement overnight to me.