Poll: How Long do You Spend on Your Computer Everyday?

The_Edster

I am interested to see how long you all spend on the computer per day, personally I spend up to 5 hours. I am also wondering if anyone else feels nauseated after staring at a screen for too long as I sometimes do? and do you find that it effects your vision?

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

Add an option that says "Too much" I think that may entitle a lot more people :D

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

When I'm not at work or forced to be outside and endure the pain of social interaction I'll be at my computer.

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

no option for everyday? :(

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

I don't find that I feel nauseated at all. Also, the thing about vision is actually very interesting. I went to the optometrist a few days ago and I asked him if screens damage your eyes at all, and what he said was that they do not harm them at all. I was very surprised and then I asked him to explain and he said that screens definitely strain your eyes but that strain isn't harmful to them. And then he said that the reason that a lot of people who are on the computer a lot have bad vision is because we tend not to go outside very often. When you go outside your body releases dopamine (also released by smoking marijuana) which stops the aging of your eyes. lol I just thought that was interesting hahaha

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

during holidays it would be close to 7 or even 8, and during school terms, i would around 4-5

MotherBoard: Asus Z87 Gryphon CPU: i5 4670k CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 GPU: Asus Radeon R9 290 DCUII RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 2x4GB

PSU: Corsair HX650v2 SemiModular Storage: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX Monitor: Samsung S24D590PL Keybord: Ducky Shine Zero Cherry  Red Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45

I don't find that I feel nauseated at all. Also, the thing about vision is actually very interesting. I went to the optometrist lately and I asked him if screens damage your eyes at all, and what he said was that they do not harm them at all. I was very surprised and then I asked him to explain and he said that screens definitely strain your eyes but that strain isn't harmful to them. And then he said that the reason that a lot of people who are on the computer a lot have bad vision is because we tend not to go outside very often. When you go outside your body releases dopamine (also found in marijuana) which stops the aging of your eyes. lol I just thought that was interesting hahaha

I just have to correct you here, there is no dopamine in marijuana. But glad to know that my monitor isn't destroying my eyes lol

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Average would be about 3 hours for myself.

I just have to correct you here, there is no dopamine in marijuana. But glad to know that my monitor isn't destroying my eyes lol

I didn't mean in marijuana, what I meant was when you smoke it, it releases dopamine in your brain. Thanks for pointing that out.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I get up at anywhere from 1pm-4pm. Go on the computer. And go to bed anywhere from 12am-4am... I fucking hate CFS.

hello

Way too much.

Like..

All day programming at college, and then I'll be at home on the computer alot.

meh

I hate displays >_<

Weekdays or weekends? 

If I don't have any plans for a weekend, I might spend pretty much the entire day on my PC.. Other than that, usually not more than 4 hours after work on weekdays.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

I didn't mean in marijuana, what I meant was when you smoke it, it releases dopamine in your brain. Thanks for pointing that out.

Same for anything you do that you like, dopamine is the pleasure drug inside your head. Meth is so addictive because it releases fake dopamine that's ten times more powerful than sex (so science says), and food even releases it, so does getting excited about sports or laughing at somebody.

As for me, I spend over 5 hours with the things I do, have perfect vision, don't get headaches and don't really feel any different if I'm not on.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

On weekends I usually spend all day on my computer..

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Same for anything you do that you like, dopamine is the pleasure drug inside your head. Meth is so addictive because it releases fake dopamine that's ten times more powerful than sex (so science says), and food even releases it, so does getting excited about sports or laughing at somebody.

As for me, I spend over 5 hours with the things I do, have perfect vision, don't get headaches and don't really feel any different if I'm not on.

So then if you really like being on the computer how come we don't get dopamine that way to maintain the health of our eyes? 

I'm not proud of it, but I spend too much hours on my pc...

It's just that the screen is more interesting than what's outside :(

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906

1 hr in the morning before school, and 2 hrs in the evening after work. 

On weekends, I bring my Mac around NY so it varies. 

iMac 27in. @ 4.3GHz l 32GB Ram l 512GB Flash l GTX 780M 

Mac Pro @ 3.5GHz 6 Core l 64GB Ram l 512GB PCIe Flash l Dual AMD FirePro D700

I am interested to see how long you all spend on the computer per day, personally I spend up to 5 hours. I am also wondering if anyone else feels nauseated after staring at a screen for too long as I sometimes do? and do you find that it effects your vision?

Not at all, wiht one exception. I have to wait 10minutes from the time I wash my eyes in the morning for my vision to ''initialize''. If not it somehow gets tired in the day and the visual processing is gets tired.

But if I respect that, I can stare at my eye pleasing screen endlessly and still ahve my eyes see text far away and my visual processing Gather OmniVision levels of detail from every frame.

Been 3 years, no red eye sor shit. My screen is a wall of changing image :D, it outputs its own light, just as the light would bounce of a wall into my eyes. Science says: same thing.

I run my brightness at 38%, if not it could light up an entire city!

Altough if I look on other screens I would get tired because of glare and other shit they have.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.