Does buying from newegg.com includes customs and shipping charges too?

Greetings all. I was browsing the net about the monitor my uncle wants to buy. The thing is we have selected one but the question is importing from newegg.com include not only shipping charges but also customs too? If shipping to India what are the custom charges for this product if anyone can help me regarding this article would be of great help for me and my uncle too. Moreover, uncle uses A10 7850k APU  with MSI A88XM motherboard will this monitor support if connected with the help of display port? Thanks in advance have a nice day.

2019-03-09 (3).png

According to Newegg:

Orders shipped outside of the United States may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches the recipient’s country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be fulfilled by the recipient; Newegg has no control over these charges, nor can Newegg predict what they may be.

So no. Custom charges are not included in the price you see.

https://kb.newegg.com/knowledge-base/international-shipping/

can you please say what customs charges we have to pay to get hold of this monitor, moreover does it comes with an International warranty? Just curious to know about the facts hope I bothered none in here. Thank you once again and have a nice day.

9 minutes ago, Suvo31 said:

can you please say what customs charges we have to pay to get hold of this monitor, moreover does it comes with an International warranty? Just curious to know about the facts hope I bothered none in here. Thank you once again and have a nice day.

I have no clue. If Newegg doesn't know, I doubt I can figure it out that easily.

I would start with Google to get an idea. I'm not sure if a monitor counts as a TV or electronic. Electronics are listed as having like a 28.9% duty and so are TVs so I guess it doesn't matter too much provided that is what they count one as. If they count it as a peripheral, then it is considerably cheaper, like under 15%.

I think it would be best to actually call customs and ask. They should be able to give you a better idea of what this will cost.

15 minutes ago, Suvo31 said:

You'll want to check with your local government, as only they will know what taxes & customs fees should be charge upon importing it to your country. As for the international warranty, not sure as I've never bought an LG monitor, so you'll want to check with LG to see what their warranty covers.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Overall you are better off using local retailers. Pricing might higher, but probably doesn't have anything extra for you to pay afterwards.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

According to Newegg:

So no. Custom charges are not included in the price you see.

https://kb.newegg.com/knowledge-base/international-shipping/

That is likely to only relate to buying directly from the US site (where this order states that the OP has their country set to India) as there is an estimated VAT charge listed in that image plus what isn't shown is a line of text below that apply promo codes box which states that customs duty is added before the order is submitted.

So to correctly answer the question, the total you see in the shopping cart is only for the item, shipping and estimated VAT charges where the full customs duty charges will be applied before you submit the order.

18 hours ago, demonix00 said:

where the full customs duty charges will be applied before you submit the order.

Do you have anything from Newegg stating that? According to Newegg's own site, customs duty will not be applied to the order total.

Let’s see Linus make a $28k rig!

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

1 hour ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Do you have anything from Newegg stating that? According to Newegg's own site, customs duty will not be applied to the order total.

New egg have nothing to do with customs duty. You pay that to the tax office before you receive your goods in your country (usually at the location you pick the parcel up from). 

So you order and pay new egg to ship the item, then you pay a second time to the tax gremlins when it arrives in your country. 

(i meant to reply to @demonix00

5 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Something like this (from the link you posted).

About Estimated VAT/GST & Duty

Newegg offers customers customs duties, taxes and fees (“VAT/GST & Duty”) estimation during checkout and customs clearance on your behalf for certain eligible countries.

When Newegg products are shipped to eligible countries, an estimate of the estimated VAT/GST & Duty will be levied on the items in your order for shipment to countries outside of the U.S. With your authorization, these funds are used by the carrier or another agent to pay the Import Fees on your behalf (or the recipient’s behalf) to the appropriate authorities of the destination country. The payment of import fees is the responsibility of the importer and is levied based on the laws of the country into which the products are being shipped.

The Estimated VAT/GST & Duty is an estimation of the taxes and duties that may apply and isn’t an actual calculation. Customs regulations and tax rates applicable to certain goods may change between the date the taxes and duties were estimated and the applicable taxes and duties on the date of import into the destination country. The duty or tax rate is often determined by the classification of a good, which varies by country and region.

Duties and taxes are calculated based on the market value (actual price before any promotions) of the product and not the price after Newegg promotions. This allows destination country customs authorities to obtain the accurate import duties and taxes owed to them based on the actual value of the goods.

You won’t be charged additional fees if the actual Import Fees exceed the VAT/GST & Duty we estimated.

As the OP is from a country where they offer this estimation (as shown in the screenshot) there won't be any further charges when the item reaches its destination.