Ideas on SuperCooling Supercomputer

.So I was thinking, what are some ways that we could rethink cooling for supercomputers, I propose 3 ideas that came to my mind. It was  actually  my first thought that was most crazy and the third is more realistic but here they are.  

Idea #1 - Subaquatic Deep Sea, Water Cooled Super Computer

Ok image  a large submarine deep down in the that intakes large supplies of very cold water and easily expels it away upwards into currents.

Small Ps.

i even thought it could be nuclear powered and and just be super powerfully, this also applies to the next idea

Idea #2 - Use the Cold Cold Vacuum of Space

This one explains it self. After I first thought edit it I figured this just already be used on the ISS but I found that the first supercomputer in space was out up let year and only did on teraflop.

But what if we could shield the CPUs and GPUs from radiation but open then up to the frigid vacuum of space. Think of the ease of cooling.

The other option in space is using them to heat the living quarters or any other areas requiring heat but that isn't as cool.

Idea #3 - Great Canadian North. Linus are you paying attention

Why hasn't either someone privately out even our government putting any thought into using the natural for of caffeine winter to cool their data centers. just build outdoor weather proof data centers and supercomputers.

Does anyone know if any of this are being used or maybe have failed for what ever reason? Can you think of other kind of crazy ways to cool a computer. Maybe this kind of thing is what they need to do to further quantum computing.

Big ps.

I don't know how long is been since I was on the site on mobile. It really is beautiful. One of the best looking mobile forums I've used and the best to write in for sure

1 is being tested right now, Microsoft Project Natick

2 is proposed, but launching stuff into space is super expensive right now so that's a no go. Not to mention space is actually really really bad at getting rid of heat through conventional means, since there's nothing to carry the heat away. You also need radiation hardening, which is also incredibly expensive.

3 is already in use. Building data centers in cold climates is already being done, but not too cold since super cold places tend to have bad internet lines, and you need good internet to run a data center.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

The problem with 2. Is that when you're in space it can get too cold, and you end up needing to heat it up...

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Remember that big ass data centers don't run on a single 1gbit LAN cable but rather multiple 100gbit connections. Building that infrastructure (especially in space) is quite expensive aswell. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

#1 is being tested by Microsoft. Quite an interesting solution

#2 space has little/no air.. So there's nowhere for the heat to go (also getting the data to/from space would take forever)

no comments on #3

Every idea you can possibly have for cooling or locating a datacenter has already been considered/implemented, probably 20 or more years ago.  There's seawater, groundwater, arctic air cooled datacenters already.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)