Ever been threatened on the internet?

BetterThanLife

I did once on Steam for having an opinion on a game, according to this person they spent around 4 hours digging for any information that could be ties to the username i used and then threatened saying i have a paper trail and that my information would be doxxed. Well my response was anything but scared, i'm seriously not easy to shock, i'm almost 30 years old.

I laughed and said go ahead, it would add more excitement kicking someones ass when they turn up.

Then someone stepped in and gave him a written digging then he got banned lol.

Stinkpci5 3550. DDR3 1600mhz 8GB. Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3.0. Sapphire RX 570 Nitro 4GB oc. Noctua NH-L12. WD Black 600GB. Silverstone PSU 1KW. Advent 1440x900 75hz VGA monitor 1ms. Acer Veriton M464 chassis.

Self help guide.

Have I been threatened? Yes many times. I had someone on YouTube threaten to find and kill me. That was about...oh... 8 or 9 years ago? Granted, I've become much less an instigator since then but have yet to open the front door to some moron that dedicated his life to find me and kill me.

taken-3-liam-neeson.jpg

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

pfff countless times, trolls always said they slept with my mom for some reason

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I have instigated many internet based fights. In my youth I probably threatened people as much as I was threatened.

However, not one time did anyone actually show up. Still, my address on Facebook is quite fake. I spent a lot of time picking one that properly shows up on Google maps, in the middle of a lake.

On this forum, only one marginally scary thing happened. A person whom I had no previous interaction with started messaging me personal information about myself that was not easily available, although looking back, it was probably available if he found me on multiple sites. Coincidentally, using the same username all over the place is also a security risk.

The user appears to have willingly stopped using the forum about two years ago, but I guess I am just tempting fate now.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Countless times. It is not popular to argue against the left in Germany. I can´t even count how many times I have been called a Nazi, Hitler...

I've been threatened, but not really felt threatened. Most people who do that sort of thing are probably well below 6'. One of the few times I've been really a bit frightened is as a kid, and picking up my Christmas Tree last year (The mob is the only competitor and the other place was sold out. They are quite lovely people though).

Just now, slashqpbyte said:

I'm never the same person long enough to get threatened.

Thinking about joining the mental asylum with me?

Stinkpci5 3550. DDR3 1600mhz 8GB. Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3.0. Sapphire RX 570 Nitro 4GB oc. Noctua NH-L12. WD Black 600GB. Silverstone PSU 1KW. Advent 1440x900 75hz VGA monitor 1ms. Acer Veriton M464 chassis.

Self help guide.

Abso-fricken-lutely. 

I'm a girl on the internet, it's a somewhat regular occurrence 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Life advice from Zuckerbot...

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

Dude, I was once threated becuase I disagreed with someone over a movie. That's the nature of the internet. 

But I've never taken any of it seriously. If I did there would be no limit to the amount of Navy SEAL snipers that are hot on my heels. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

Dude, I was once threated becuase I disagreed with someone over a movie. That's the nature of the internet. 

But I've never taken any of it seriously. If I did there would be no limit to the amount of Navy SEAL snipers that are hot on my heels. 

Saving Private Volbet, a movie dedicated to you :D

Self help guide.

Plenty of times when I was more involved in moderating a forum. I dished it out too, but I never threatened anyone with physical harm no....I'd locate them and send them free samples of diapers through the mail or facebook their parents to let them know what a little shit their son was being or to show them the 'cool' video they posted of themselves street racing or going 110 on the highway. That stuff was way more fun than 'im gonna kick your ass'/hankhill

54 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Abso-fricken-lutely. 

I'm a girl on the internet, it's a somewhat regular occurrence 

Imagine what it's like for me, a transwoman and Lesbian.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Once on an old xbox game, think it was ranbow six vegas 2 (A proper rainbow six game, not the bollocks out there now calling itself rb6) had threats of the IRA coming to my door. Laughed the kid out the lobby. 

-= Locked =-

This topic is not appropriate for discussion here.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER