Downloading games from an steam account than going back to your account

Vod

So I have a friend with a steam account and we have games on each other accounts that we want to play, so I am wondering if I can just log into his account and download the games, but I don't know will I get to keep the games or atleast play them. 

We can't use the family thing because his parents are gonna get mad or something. 

You can play those games as long as you are logged into his account and vice versa. Once you log into your account, u can't play them. 

Steam will verify the game install online when you start to play it every few days or so.

If steam finds out they can ban your account.

Won't work simultaneously. Per their help page:

Can multiple users play simultaneously on one Steam account?

Steam does not support multiple players using one Steam account simultaneously - games associated with a Steam account are licensed for the sole use of the account holder.

If multiple users attempt to log in and play simultaneously with one Steam account, the user who logged in first will eventually receive an "Invalid Steam UserID Ticket" error message and be forced to log back in to continue playing (if the first user logs back in, the second user will receive this error message).

If he's not logged in it should work though.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

You can just enable "family sharing". It will give you full access to his library if he logged on your computer and gave your account access to his games.

Steam > Settings > Family > Authorize Library Sharing on this computer.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

You can just enable "family sharing". It will give you full access to his library if he logged on your computer and gave your account access to his games.

Steam > Settings > Family > Authorize Library Sharing on this computer.

Don't jump to conclusions, read the post first.

You have two options:

1. Log into his account when you want to play the downloaded games.
  2. Enable family sharing (it's the only way).

You aren't able to play the games if you are not logged into his account as Steam won't be able to authenticate the game.  I also don't understand why his parents are going to get angry at him if he enables family sharing.  If they paid for the games and don't want him to share them then fair dos.  If not and he bought them with his money then it's his decision, not theirs.

3 minutes ago, Qyndryx said:

You have two options:

1. Log into his account when you want to play the downloaded games.
  2. Enable family sharing (it's the only way).

You aren't able to play the games if you are not logged into his account as Steam won't be able to authenticate the game.  I also don't understand why his parents are going to get angry at him if he enables family sharing.  If they paid for the games and don't want him to share them then fair dos.  If not and he bought them with his money then it's his decision, not theirs.

Its just a vague excuse. Nice friend you have author, no offense. XP

24 minutes ago, Vod said:

So I have a friend with a steam account and we have games on each other accounts that we want to play, so I am wondering if I can just log into his account and download the games, but I don't know will I get to keep the games or atleast play them. 

We can't use the family thing because his parents are gonna get mad or something. 

No unfortunately you can't do that without family view. Steam will immediately say this game belongs to the account so and so. Your friend knows this and clearly is giving you a vague excuse. 

3 minutes ago, Qyndryx said:

I did and I totally dismisses it because it's a ridiculous reason. His parents likely will never know about this and even if they do, it is no worse than sharing physical copies of console games between friends and his parents get to save money by not having to buy the same game. If any parent is mad at this, they are just being unreasonable. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

22 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

I did and I totally dismisses it because it's a ridiculous reason.

It's not.  Some parents can be absolute dicks like this if they don't understand it or just plainly want their power fix.

1 hour ago, Vod said:

Based on the fact that you can't use family sharing, you're probably just going to have to buy the games because steam will immediately say "this game doesn't belong to you" and then give you an option to request access to play it, or buy the game.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu