VR or Racing Wheel?

Smiles4Miles

Fanatec CSL Elite: https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/bundle/product/csl-elite-wheel-starter-pack-for-xbox-one-and-pc.html

Thrustmaster T300RS GT: https://www.amazon.ca/Thrustmaster-T300-RS-Turismo-forPlayStation/dp/B01M1L2NRL/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=t300&qid=1551423782&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Oculus Rift: https://www.amazon.ca/Oculus-Touch-Virtual-Reality-System/dp/B073X8N1YW/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=oculus&qid=1551423825&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

1st Question. VR or Sim Racing (Kinda because I dont have a stand or anything I clamp it to my desk)

2nd Question. Is getting the CSL Elite worth the extra money from the T300RS GT?

3rd Question. Should I get the Oculus used for $300 CAD instead of $550 CAD new?

Any answer to one of my questions is greatly apreciated

VR for sure imo. There's so much variety and so many fun games and it's a completely different experience.

I admit, I'm not that thrilled by racing games, but I think a wheel just isn't as immersive as VR. And you have to mount it and all that stuff... 

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Just now, SwagMaestro said:

VR for sure imo. There's so much variety and so many fun games and it's a completely different experience.

I admit, I'm not that thrilled by racing games, but I think a wheel just isn't as immersive as VR. And you have to mount it and all that stuff... 

Ah Thanks. I have a Thrustmaster T150 and I love it and my friend has an oculus, and its super fun. and yeah VR is way more immersive

Just now, Smiles4Miles said:

Ah Thanks. I have a Thrustmaster T150 and I love it and my friend has an oculus, and its super fun. and yeah VR is way more immersive

Ugh. So envious of you. Really. I can't get Oculus for anything less than 700$ around here :( have ultra fun for your non American friends

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

The answer is yes

get both I like the  Logitech G920 

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

id go with vr since, well you can have fun with a racing wheel, you're pretty limited to just racing titles. VR on the otherhand covers a wide variety of genres

1 minute ago, SwagMaestro said:

Ugh. So envious of you. Really. I can't get Oculus for anything less than 700$ around here :( have ultra fun for your non American friends

im canadian not american

1 minute ago, unsungheroist said:

The answer is yes

get both I like the  Logitech G920 

im too poor

1 minute ago, Triventular said:

id go with vr since, well you can have fun with a racing wheel, you're pretty limited to just racing titles. VR on the otherhand covers a wide variety of genres

well, i also love racing games, and its about 60% of what I play normally, so....

1 minute ago, Smiles4Miles said:

well, i also love racing games, and its about 60% of what I play normally, so....

oh okay hmmm. why not get both vr and a wheel? haha i think project cars supports both but at that point, its really expensive

3 minutes ago, Triventular said:

oh okay hmmm. why not get both vr and a wheel? haha i think project cars supports both but at that point, its really expensive

well, i dont have a job. I'm 12. I don't have much money so its one or the other

21 minutes ago, Smiles4Miles said:

im canadian not american

America = Pew pew burger eating freedom lovers + don't worry about it bud, we'll all just go to timmies and have a cold one later

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

1 minute ago, SwagMaestro said:

America = Pew pew burger eating freedom lovers + don't worry about it bud, we'll all just go to timmies and have a cold one later

too young for a cold one but im up for a hot chocolate at timmies!

Just now, Smiles4Miles said:

well, i dont have a job. I'm 12. I don't have much money so its one or the other

imo you're better off with vr cuz sim racing can get real expensive.. first you buy a racing wheel with pedals, then you'd want to buy a chair for more immersion, then you might change that wheel to a better one, then u buy ultrawide monitors for immersion.. i know im getting overboard but i think you get it. with vr its mostly a headset, controller, base station.. tho i think i might be bias to vr despite never owning it

Just now, Triventular said:

imo you're better off with vr cuz sim racing can get real expensive.. first you buy a racing wheel with pedals, then you'd want to buy a chair for more immersion, then you might change that wheel to a better one, then u buy ultrawide monitors for immersion.. i know im getting overboard but i think you get it. with vr its mostly a headset, controller, base station.. tho i think i might be bias to vr despite never owning it

with VR you end up spending about $600 bucks just for games (what my friend did)

2 minutes ago, Smiles4Miles said:

with VR you end up spending about $600 bucks just for games (what my friend did)

that too most vr games are mostly gimmicky or casual unlike most racing games.. one thing to consider with vr is if you get motion sickness, its a pain to play with it

that too most vr games are mostly gimmicky or casual unlike most racing games.. one thing to consider with vr is if you get motion sickness, its a pain to play with it

never ever had motion sickness. BEAT SABER HERE I MOST LIKELY COME!

14 minutes ago, Smiles4Miles said:

never ever had motion sickness. BEAT SABER HERE I MOST LIKELY COME!

cool then yea you prolly heard everything i have to say about vr

cool then yea you prolly heard everything i have to say about vr

yea. still considering the t300RS GT though. It's just so fun. I just wish I could bring my racing wheel back and forth then i would definitly get VR to bring back and forth as well (My parents split)

3 minutes ago, Smiles4Miles said:

yea. still considering the t300RS GT though. It's just so fun. I just wish I could bring my racing wheel back and forth then i would definitly get VR to bring back and forth as well (My parents split)

i know how that feels. my parents are separated too. but if racing is mostly you're gonna play, you're better off with something you enjoy rather than what people tell you, you should enjoy

6 hours ago, Triventular said:

i know how that feels. my parents are separated too. but if racing is mostly you're gonna play, you're better off with something you enjoy rather than what people tell you, you should enjoy

I enjoy both so much. I guess ill do vr one week and racing the next so i get both

2 hours ago, Smiles4Miles said:

I enjoy both so much. I guess ill do vr one week and racing the next so i get both

Just a heads up the Samsung Odyssey+ is on sale on microsoftstore.ca for $450 CAD right now until March 9th.

The controllers aren't as comfortable and the tracking isn't as good as the rift but the screen is way better so if you plan on using it with your Wheel for Sim Racing the extra image sharpness and massively reduced screen door effect might be worth it to you. plus inside out tracking so no USB cameras to set up.

Until Pimax gets their self sorted or the HP Copper headset comes out it's probably the best visual quality headset you can buy right now.

You didn't mention what your PC specs were but since it's screen is the same Res as a vive pro you'll probably want at least a 980ti-1070 level of GPU to power it effectively.

6 hours ago, trufret said:

Just a heads up the Samsung Odyssey+ is on sale on microsoftstore.ca for $450 CAD right now until March 9th.

The controllers aren't as comfortable and the tracking isn't as good as the rift but the screen is way better so if you plan on using it with your Wheel for Sim Racing the extra image sharpness and massively reduced screen door effect might be worth it to you. plus inside out tracking so no USB cameras to set up.

Until Pimax gets their self sorted or the HP Copper headset comes out it's probably the best visual quality headset you can buy right now.

You didn't mention what your PC specs were but since it's screen is the same Res as a vive pro you'll probably want at least a 980ti-1070 level of GPU to power it effectively.

Oh i have a 1060 6gb with a i3 8100 at my dads and two 970's in sli with a 9590

6 hours ago, trufret said:

Also if i get vr im going to get h3vr and beatsaber. Also, the rift i can get for 300 cad used