4K Netflix Is it worth the extra money

ELSknutson

So I am moveing into a new house tomorrow and also am getting a new 70in 4k TV to go along with another 4k tv we have.  So I have Amazon Prime and Netflix and am wondering if it is worth spending the extra $4.00/mo. to upgrade form 1080p to 4k 

we only will have the 2 4k tvs but my son and daughter both have devices that have Netflix apps and we have another tv that has a wii hooked to it that also has Netflix. 

You've already spend money on a 70" 4K TV. Whats another $4 a month? I'd totally do it for a better experience.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

I think it's worth it, 4K is a big step up from 1080P, and what's the point in having a 4K TV if you don't play 4K on it?

You got a 4k TV so use it! What are 4 bucks a month?

20 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

and what's the point in having a 4K TV if you don't play 4K on it?

You get it but my father doesn´t. He bought a 3000 Euro high-end TV but only watches low-quality free TV ? He even asked me if it is possible to watch low-quality illegal sports streams because he doesn´t want to pay for pay TV ?

I don´t even try to convince my dad anymore because he is in a spending spree without someone who controls him. It is just really sad. 

42 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

I think it's worth it, 4K is a big step up from 1080P, and what's the point in having a 4K TV if you don't play 4K on it?

I have Amazon prim that is 4k  with HBO, showtime etc.  also I have cable that has a few 4k channels.  but from what I have heard there is not allot of 4k content on netflix  

5 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

I have Amazon prim that is 4k  with HBO, showtime etc.  also I have cable that has a few 4k channels.  but from what I have heard there is not allot of 4k content on netflix  

I have 4K Netflix, is plenty of content, much more than on Prime.

1 hour ago, ELSknutson said:

I don't even live in the U.S., I have to do with the much more limited selection of content of the Nordic countries, and yet there's still a shitton of 4K-content there by now. I'm fairly certain the U.S. selection has a lot more.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.