Anyone here a grease monkey as well?

hellyt6

I'm all about computers, going to EKU for an all around IT education and have been competing in SkillsUSA for computer maintenance for pete's sake.. But, I've found that I also have a deep seated love for cars. I guess it's just my love for tinkering, but, I have a 1989 IROC Z28 Camaro sitting out in my drive way that I've had disassembled and put back together several times now just to see how it works. It still runs and drives, just to let you guys know, I'm not stupid about it. But, anyone else here do that kinda stuff?

>getting this baby Tuesday, 1978 C10, 350 4 barrel with a TH350 automatic trans. UMPH.

post-19924-0-25503700-1390055950.jpg

Current Build: Intel i5-3570k @3.8GHz; MSI-Z77-G41; 8GB Corsair Ballistix @1600MHz; EVGA SSC GTX 650TI 2GB; Adata SX900 128GB; Western Digital Green 1TB; Asus CD burner; Corsair HX750 750 Watt power supply; Cooler Master HAF-912.

yup you sound just like me, I have rebult my go kart lodes of times for no reason

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

I'm a qualified grease monkey, took me 5 damn years to gain the qualifications lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I'm a qualified grease monkey, took me 5 damn years to gain the qualifications lol

At my Vocational School, all of the Auto Tech and Autobody teachers said if I would study for the certifications, they'd let me get them for free even though I'm not in the classes lol. I've thought about it, but that would be an information overload since I'm training for the A+, CCNA, and the Linux+ certs at the same time.

Current Build: Intel i5-3570k @3.8GHz; MSI-Z77-G41; 8GB Corsair Ballistix @1600MHz; EVGA SSC GTX 650TI 2GB; Adata SX900 128GB; Western Digital Green 1TB; Asus CD burner; Corsair HX750 750 Watt power supply; Cooler Master HAF-912.

I used to have an old YX250 sitting in my mamaw's yard that used to belong to my uncle.. I ended up taking apart the carb, and, well, I lost all the little tiny pieces. Made my uncle mad lol.

Well not really, Im not that skilled in it and I don't have a car. But When dealing With 2-stroke bikes, You Build Some knowledge and skills

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I wonder if Linus tinkers with his bike as well.

Anything up to engine internals on cars I'm good for. I'll pull apart small engines no issue. But not prepared to tinker in the engine of my only transport :-P

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

At my Vocational School, all of the Auto Tech and Autobody teachers said if I would study for the certifications, they'd let me get them for free even though I'm not in the classes lol. I've thought about it, but that would be an information overload since I'm training for the A+, CCNA, and the Linux+ certs at the same time.

Once you've gained those I would heavily consider getting the automotive one as well since it doesn't cost you anything, that is a good deal mate :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Once you've gained those I would heavily consider getting the automotive one as well since it doesn't cost you anything, that is a good deal mate :)

It is, and it would be job opportunity gallore afterwards as well.

It is, and it would be job opportunity gallore afterwards as well.

Yea, you could try and get me in somewhere as well :P (jk)

im more of a petrolhead then grease money but yeah car related stuff and it

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

I only came here because I thought it was the firefox extension.

Signatures are stupid.

I do like to work on cars and have done so, though there's only so much I will do without a lift.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Yup same here into pretty much all cars, tho i really dont understand why people say this is better or chevy rules.... if your a gear head then you love all cars. period.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

@hellyt6

If you Google me, TymmVonD, you'll see I used to spend hours on car forums giving help. 100% ricer when I was younger. I kind of moved on since getting a brand new car, then 2 weeks later building my PC. Yea, I miss it, but the peace of mind of owning a brand new car under warranty can't be beat. I used to haul most of my handtools in the trunk. Before I only bought cars that didn't run. As a matter of fact, until last year, I had only bought one car that ran and it was $600, and it broke down a month later. 3 RX-7s, 2 DSMs, a KIA, a couple of Hondas, now the Fiesta.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

@hellyt6

If you Google me, TymmVonD, you'll see I used to spend hours on car forums giving help. 100% ricer when I was younger. I kind of moved on since getting a brand new car, then 2 weeks later building my PC. Yea, I miss it, but the peace of mind of owning a brand new car under warranty can't be beat. I used to haul most of my handtools in the trunk. Before I only bought cars that didn't run. As a matter of fact, until last year, I had only bought one car that ran and it was $600, and it broke down a month later. 3 RX-7s, 2 DSMs, a KIA, a couple of Hondas, now the Fiesta.

I'd buy new but I have no credit lol.

Yeah kind of, qualified sprayer, but we don't like grease :lol: Worked 7 years at it, then moved on, not enough money in it where I live.

I'll tackle most mechanical jobs though.

I guess I am, but I'm from the uk so don't really know much about American cars... Always had a keen interest in them though.

EDIT: I mean cars in general, not American cars lol

OnePlus 6T

I work at a dealership fixing cars so I guess I could call myself a grease monkey.