Are the cords from the the power brick to a wall out standardized?

PunDaddy

I recently purchased a Laptop from CyberPower because it was impossible for me to find anything better spec for dollar. The problem is the the power brick arrived with a Euro plug. The power brick isn’t even rated for a voltage input of that high. I could just buy a direct plugin converter, but technically that creates the potential for more open faults in the system. Was wondering if the cords from outlet to power brick are standardized. If not will just buy pin to pin plug in “converter.” Rant over

C34C4211-1C6D-46D8-81A2-C0D3EAD4E9C7.jpeg

806EACA2-1152-4FA9-8734-AEC279492417.jpeg

However you can buy a adapter from US to wherever you live as it's 100V-240V and 50-60Hz, so it can pretty much support anything with an adapter (from what it looks like).

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

4 hours ago, PunDaddy said:

I recently purchased a Laptop from CyberPower because it was impossible for me to find anything better spec for dollar. The problem is the the power brick arrived with a Euro plug. The power brick isn’t even rated for a voltage input of that high. I could just buy a direct plugin converter, but technically that creates the potential for more open faults in the system. Was wondering if the cords from outlet to power brick are standardized. If not will just buy pin to pin plug in “converter.” Rant over

806EACA2-1152-4FA9-8734-AEC279492417.jpeg

You took the wrong pictures.

Take a picture of where the power cord plugs int the brick if you want to know what power cord to get.

4 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

That's a US plug though

WHAT?!?!?!

That's a US plug though

It's a type G plug, most notably used in the UK and Hong Kong, the latter most likely being where the charger originated from.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

That's a US plug though

That's a UK plug. Trust me. I'm Scottish.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

9 hours ago, PunDaddy said:

The power brick isn’t even rated for a voltage input of that high.

It's rated for 240V mains.  How high of a voltage do you think they use in the UK?!?!  20,000V?

Anyway.. I Googled "Chicony A15-180P1A" for you and came up with this picture:

s-l1600.jpg

That's what we call a Mickey Mouse connector, or a C6 connector.  A C5 plugs into it.

I then went to Amazon and searched for "C5 power cord" and came up with this:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005E2XT0W/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_hVICCbWT1G427

Done.

8 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

WHAT?!?!?!

7 hours ago, Spotty said:

It's a type G plug, most notably used in the UK and Hong Kong, the latter most likely being where the charger originated from.

7 hours ago, Inversion said:

That's a UK plug. Trust me. I'm Scottish.

They do look somewhat similar, so I thought it was a US plug. The PSU still supports it though as it's 100-240V and 50-60Hz

3 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

They do look somewhat similar, 

No, not really.

The US Plug is tiny.

The UK Plug is huge.

And the UK Plug is a landmine.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

29 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, not really.

The US Plug is tiny.

The UK Plug is huge.

And the UK Plug is a landmine.

It did look similar from Google Images, never seen a US or UK plug in my life (I don't travel much, I have been to the UK one time but never plugged in anything)

• 1 year later...

Thanks to all who commented. I ended up cannibalizing my ex wife dead laptop cable. 🤙