Youtube: Discussion On The Severity Of Recent Adpocalypse & VSHs Ruining Youtube

kaddle

in this thread we will discuss the recent events on youtube that triggered the adpocalypse (the third one i think?) in the context of the true severity of this issue, as well as VSHs (virtue signaling hypocrites) ruining youtube. spoiler alert: it's a minor issue that VSHs are making a big deal of.

i was probably made aware of this within a couple of days after all of this began. for those of you who don't know, there is this dude named matt. he uploaded a video explaining that youtube is supporting the sexual exploitation of kids and that those videos are being monetized. during his video he goes through the process of finding these videos and in the comments section there are people with nefarious intentions posting time stamps to parts of the video where it looks like the kids are doing something sexual. apparently there are also comments of people posting reprehensible things. the name of the video is "Youtube is Facilitating the Sexual Exploitation of Children, and it's Being Monetized (2019)" so you can search it if you want the full details of this situation. i won't bother posting it here because a lot of people on the internet are unnecessarily overly sensitive to light issues.

so these events caused VSHs to outrage and information kept on spreading until it reached the advertisers that put their ads on youtube. this is causing advertisers to remove their ads from youtube, which is equal parts stupid and understandable. if there are no more ads on youtube that means youtube gets shut down, which means all of the entertaining and informational videos i have playlisted over the years will be gone all because a bunch of herd mentality morons were looking for their next opportunity to virtue signal. gotta let the rest of the pack know that you are still on board somehow.

i think the main catalyst that caused this issue to flourish is that people are being convinced that youtube isn't doing anything about this, and that youtube is supporting this. this is one of the most asinine thoughts that a human can possibly conceive, let alone believe. sit back and take a couple of minutes to think about it and you will understand what i'm talking about.

My Opinion:

the videos containing kids that matt is talking about that are re uploaded by people who have nefarious purposes are just normal videos. they are literally just videos of kids doing regular things. the only issue is that people with nefarious purposes are re-uploading those videos under their channel, and then people are making nefarious posts in the comments section. this issue is quite insignificant to the average person. the only people who this issue actually matters to are the kids whose videos are being re-uploaded, the parents of those kids, youtube, and youtube's advertisers. however the only reason it matters to the advertisers is because these videos are able to be monetized for whatever reason. take away the ability for certain videos to be monetized and you can remove the advertizers from that list. then all that needs to be done is youtube to continue removing those channels and re-uploaded videos from the platform. the only reason anyone else should get involved beyond being notified of this situation, is to find these channels re-uploading videos for nefarious purposes and report them to youtube.

there's a video by another guy who (sort of?) exposes the original guy (matt) for being a fraud. apparently matt is a virtue signaling hypocrite too. if he cares about kids then his main reason for caring is probably to conform to the herd mentality or get attention or whatever. i should mention that i have absolutely no tolerance for VSH so i will brutally criticize every single one that i can find until they are destroyed. in fact, i would not have been interested in making this thread if there weren't any VHSs to criticize. i suspect this video isn't as sensitive as matt's video so i'm going to link it at the end of my opinion.

so this guy, matt, in his video is whining like a little baby about how people in the comments are time stamping when the kids appear to be doing something that can be perceived as being sexual. he goes through the time stamps to "show the viewers" what's going on, and every time he does he freaks out and starts going on and on about how disgusted he is and how horrible the experience is for him. i'm just watching and it's like.... every single time stamp is just a kid doing a regular thing that humans do. i don't remember the exact details but it's just stuff like running, sitting down, standing up, etc. there's literally no cause for the overreacting. and everyone in the comments wants to conform to the herd mentality so they start freaking out too. virtue signaling hypocrites.

so the VSHs are destroying youtube by turning this insignificant issue into a major problem to cause advertisers to remove their ads from youtube. as soon as i saw matt's original video i thought this might happen. last year it was january, this year it's february. i personally think that the world still needs youtube. there isn't an equivalent or superior alternative to it yet and this platform contains more information than every library on the planet. a large chunk of the information is trash, but still. these VSHs need to be stopped.

Discussion:

Discuss your thoughts and opinions on this issue, how you think this will affect youtube, etc.

People shouldn't be uploading footage of their children to begin with.  Not only because of this kind of stuff (which anyone with half a brain saw coming a mile away), also out of respect for the children's privacy.  At some point in the future those children will find those videos embarrassing. 

Hopefully their classmates won't find those vids later on either.  Nothing more fun for a teenager than being bullied because his/her parents found it necessary to upload that cute video of him/her dancing to Britney Spears' music at 18 months with his/her diaper falling off, right? 

It's funny, but I seem to recall that there was a thread on the 18+ part of this subject already.  Even looked for the "P" word to find it, but it's either gone or I'm imagining things.  Hopefully that search didn't trip any filters.  No black helicopters or SWAT teams in sight yet, hopefully it stays that way.

As for Youtube being destroyed ... well ... let it burn.  It'd be good for competition.

Unless YouTube manually goes through all submissions & sues for fraudulent claims on behalf of the youtubers, nothing will change. 

i think this could have been handled much better than what this guy did our of spite, he has done similar things in the past. 

Screenshot_20190221-093610_Reddit.jpg.4773a8792cbfcb5394e6dbfda5099d34.jpg

Doesn't make his expose any less valid but people ought to know 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

i should mention that it's not clear to me if the main videos of kids being re-uploaded are videos the parents uploaded of their kids or if the kids uploaded them by their own choice. i personally believe that if the kid is younger than 14 and not well educated on internet safety, safety in general, self preservation, potential danger of strangers, potential consequences of uploading personal content to the net, etc, then the parent should monitor the kid's internet activity and thoroughly investigate everything they want to upload and decide whether it should be uploaded or not.

12 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

It's funny, but I seem to recall that there was a thread on the 18+ part of this subject already.  Even looked for the "P" word to find it, but it's either gone or I'm imagining things.  Hopefully that search didn't trip any filters.  No black helicopters or SWAT teams in sight yet, hopefully it stays that way.

As for Youtube being destroyed ... well ... let it burn.  It'd be good for competition.

you mean pedophile? the definition of the word needs a serious rework and i might just make a thread about that soon. thanks for giving me the idea.

what do you think of all of the information on youtube being lost if youtube is destroyed? information such as: educational videos on hundreds of different subjects including math, science, animals, wildlife, technology, programming, automobiles, planes, nutrition, medical, law, travelling the world, etc. entertainment videos, especially comedy.

42 minutes ago, kaddle said:

what do you think of all of the information on youtube being lost if youtube is destroyed? information such as: educational videos on hundreds of different subjects including math, science, animals, wildlife, technology, programming, automobiles, planes, nutrition, medical, law, travelling the world, etc. entertainment videos, especially comedy.

That information isn't safe on YouTube anyway. 

Imagine that someone uploads the only video footage of a historical event.  A year later the same person uploads 3 historical documentaries that he ripped from from National Geographic. 

What do you think happens to that rare footage when those other 3 videos get copyright strikes?  Google will delete the entire channel and all its content without checking what exactly it is that they're removing.

Historical, important and educational Information is deleted/destroyed/lost on a daily basis, both on YouTube and in the real world.  We just don't notice it because we're not aware of how much is out there.

A lot of people download most/all videos that they tend to find important / educational / hilarious / etc etc.  The uploaders also tend to keep a copy as long as they're in business or alive.  You'd be surprised how much stuff would pop back up elsewhere if YouTube shuts down.