Samsung Galaxy Buds & Samsung Galaxy S10 to have wireless charging and re-verse IQ charging

Gino Motyka

The German website winfuture.de has leaked a picture showing the Upcoming Samsung wireless buds will have IQ wireless charging, The photo also shows the up-upcoming earbuds charging on what is expected to be the Samsung Galaxy S10. Now it doesn't say what version of the S10 it is so this may be reserve d for the top end of the line and not the 'Cheaper" E version. 

Samsung-Galaxy-S10-Plus-1549466125-0-12.jpg

https://winfuture.de/news,107205.html

Edited by Gino Motyka
added direct link

OP Please update your post to meet the posting Guidelines.

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is. This needs to be MORE than just a quick, single comment to meet the posting guidelines.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required. It should be to the point and not be done in such a way as to mislead a reader, such as clickbait, etc.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

Failure to comply may result in your thread being locked or removed without warning.

~Source:

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

10 minutes ago, Gino Motyka said:

it doesn't say what version of the S10 it is so this may be reserve d for the top end of the line and not the 'Cheaper" E version. 

I'd hope so, cause I'm eyeing that headphone jack. I have no need for Airpod knock offs

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I'd hope so, cause I'm eyeing that headphone jack. I have no need for Airpod knock offs

With Apple at least you get ripped off on price, not quality.

It's a neat feature for both the buds and the phone, but at the same time, I really don't see many people doing this.  Are you really going to leave your phone face-down for half an hour to charge your earbuds?  Maybe if you're at a hotel and you didn't want to pack an extra cable to charge while you sleep.

2 hours ago, Commodus said:

It's a neat feature for both the buds and the phone, but at the same time, I really don't see many people doing this.  Are you really going to leave your phone face-down for half an hour to charge your earbuds?  Maybe if you're at a hotel and you didn't want to pack an extra cable to charge while you sleep.

I could easily see doing it at night or in the office negating the main drawback of wireless headphones.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Cool but when will samsung phones charge over 20 Watts?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

8 hours ago, Commodus said:

Rumors has it that the reverse Qi charging can deliver up to 9 watts of power.

The batteries in the Airpods are 93 mWh. I don't have enough info to calculate how long it would take to fully charge them, but it's not that long.

Plop your earphones on the back of your phone for maybe 10 minutes and you hours of playback.

I can actually see a use case for this when it comes to small wearables, where you can plop them on a phone for a few minutes to get a few more go out of these wearables. 

Of course, the phone would need a large battery so it doesn't inhibit its ability to stay running for a day at least 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

32 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

I can actually see a use case for this when it comes to small wearables, where you can plop them on a phone for a few minutes to get a few more go out of these wearables. 

Of course, the phone would need a large battery so it doesn't inhibit its ability to stay running for a day at least 

if tis 4000mah or higher then I think it will not be an issue, my mate has the huawei Mate 20 pro and the battery life can go two days even with pretty heavy usage, hes the type of person that just leaves everything on and maxs out the brightness even in the dark so I was certainly very impressed. I think this sort of feature could become very popular. Since huawei already supports this with their phone and wireless buds we would probably use that as a reference to see what this samsung product will be like. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Spec wise it's a beasts phone. But really disappointed they went for display hole. Also not fan of edge display. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |