Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

1 hour ago, Rahul Vivek said:

So, Are you able to play games on third gen intel without disabling igpu or not.

some people can run by using Windows 11

9 hours ago, Rahul Vivek said:

So, Are you able to play games on third gen intel without disabling igpu or not.

yeah i dont need to disable igpu and everything works well, i even play MH rise (DX12 game) in fullscreen, You can do fullscreen without limit GPU Power. but this is only work n win 11, it was so confusing using this GPU n win 10.

For FIX Opengl 4.6 n intel gen 3.
edit registry. for example p106 100 driver Inside 001 folder so Intel HD 4000 should be in 000 folder(see the image below).
Edit OpenGlDriverName in ur 000 Folder, mine is Ig7icdxx.dll replace it to Your p106 opengl Driverpath, mine is

C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvaeig.inf_amd64_b11736a6b1c59073\nvoglv64.dll

do same like this to 32 version (OpenGlDriverNameWow). and FIND NVIDIA OPENGL TYPE set it to 1 then Restart PC.

Note : If u dont wheres ur p106 driver located just go to 001 folder theres OpenGlDriverName and copy the path.

thats worked for me. I implement this trick from sources i got n random websites about registry so i dont know if my method is effective or not but at least this is work for me 🙂 and this OpenGL tricks works in any driver version that support 4.6 OGL.

Untitled.png

The game that I tested
God of war 4 50-60 fps set original
Rune factory 4s and rune factory 5 full fps at any graphic setting
Zelda BOTW 40 FPS open world and zone instance 50-60fps
Zelda TToK 44 fps average
Mh rise and world running atfull speed
additianally for online game
Lost ark mostly 60fps but 50-60 fps crowded place . 30-40 fps twisting dungeon, set High
new world 60fps at original setting
Hope this help )
Valorant full speed

On 6/6/2023 at 2:07 AM, Fikars said:

yeah i dont need to disable igpu and everything works well, i even play MH rise (DX12 game) in fullscreen, You can do fullscreen without limit GPU Power. but this is only work n win 11, it was so confusing using this GPU n win 10.

For FIX Opengl 4.6 n intel gen 3.
edit registry. for example p106 100 driver Inside 001 folder so Intel HD 4000 should be in 000 folder(see the image below).
Edit OpenGlDriverName in ur 000 Folder, mine is Ig7icdxx.dll replace it to Your p106 opengl Driverpath, mine is

C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvaeig.inf_amd64_b11736a6b1c59073\nvoglv64.dll

do same like this to 32 version (OpenGlDriverNameWow). and FIND NVIDIA OPENGL TYPE set it to 1 then Restart PC.

Note : If u dont wheres ur p106 driver located just go to 001 folder theres OpenGlDriverName and copy the path.

thats worked for me. I implement this trick from sources i got n random websites about registry so i dont know if my method is effective or not but at least this is work for me 🙂 and this OpenGL tricks works in any driver version that support 4.6 OGL.

Untitled.png

thanks for the info. i going to test it.

57 minutes ago, jbcgames said:

thanks for the info. i going to test it.

U dont have to edit nvidia opengl to 1 (sorry bout that). it still works even only replace ogl path in igp driver and restart pc

PSA: intel gen 2 doesn't recognize P106, while intel gen 3 does, because i put intel core i5 2400s and Xeon E3-1220 V1 (with another GPU as video out) then P106 doesn't shown in Device Manager, but when i put a Pentium G2030 (this is the only gen 3 CPU i have) then Device Manager shown P106

Tested with another potato GPU i have, to ensure the PCI-E X16 slot is working, and both gen 2 and 3 recognize that GPU

Has anyone found a way to use the mining card with another gpu for igpu less systems such as x99 maybe.

fair p106 with another gpu?

3 hours ago, Rahul Vivek said:

Has anyone found a way to use the mining card with another gpu for igpu less systems such as x99 maybe.

did u mean sli/crossfire? if yes theres information about that in the first page

No not sli another weaker gpu maybe a gt 710 or a 1030 for display output on an x99 motherboard to use with P106

Guys, any idea, how do you make P106 work better on my Thinkpad T520 with I7-2760QM? (IGPU: HD3000) I have the gpu connected using DIY expresscard adapter.

The latest modded drivers by chenmoyu (531.41) work, but i cannot switch between the graphic cards in windows settings. I tried setting both EnableMsHybrid and AdapterType to various values, but nothing changed at all.

I can disable the HD3000, but it isn't ideal.

PUBG works at low details in borderless, but lags when loading new land (Probably because of the PCI-E 1.1 1x link, i presume the p106 cannot do PCIE 2.0)

Halo MCC works at extremely low FPS no matter if it's borderless, fullscreen or windowed

Furmark tries to run on the HD3000 and fails to do so

I had the P106 running on different HD4000 thinkpad (X230, i sold it because i wanted 4 core cpu) and i remember it working much better. Sadly i forgot, how i had it set up. I remember Halo MCC worked. I might've been using the old 417.22 drivers (as the older modded ones did trigger anticheat unlike the new modded ones)

15 hours ago, Average P106-90 Enjoyer said:

Guys, any idea, how do you make P106 work better on my Thinkpad T520 with I7-2760QM? (IGPU: HD3000) I have the gpu connected using DIY expresscard adapter.

The latest modded drivers by chenmoyu (531.41) work, but i cannot switch between the graphic cards in windows settings. I tried setting both EnableMsHybrid and AdapterType to various values, but nothing changed at all.

I can disable the HD3000, but it isn't ideal.

PUBG works at low details in borderless, but lags when loading new land (Probably because of the PCI-E 1.1 1x link, i presume the p106 cannot do PCIE 2.0)

Halo MCC works at extremely low FPS no matter if it's borderless, fullscreen or windowed

Furmark tries to run on the HD3000 and fails to do so

I had the P106 running on different HD4000 thinkpad (X230, i sold it because i wanted 4 core cpu) and i remember it working much better. Sadly i forgot, how i had it set up. I remember Halo MCC worked. I might've been using the old 417.22 drivers (as the older modded ones did trigger anticheat unlike the new modded ones)

i have share video for install p106 in gen3 win 11 + activation opengl for gen 3, the driver version 531 41 but in bahasa not english,  i think its easy enough to follow even you dont understand the instruction if u got a problem u can ask me in the comment section.

6 hours ago, Fikars said:

i have share video for install p106 in gen3 win 11 + activation opengl for gen 3, the driver version 531 41 but in bahasa not english,  i think its easy enough to follow even you dont understand the instruction if u got a problem u can ask me in the comment section.

Thank you for the guide. Sadly i have relatively different hardware as i have P106-90, 2nd gen intel graphics and i have Windows 10. If i understood right, i need to set EnableMsHybrid to 1 and AdapterType to 0? Will this enable the P106 as high performance GPU in windows settings?

Do i need to use specifically the last GTX 1060 6GB driver listed in the driver list? What's the difference between installing the GTX 1060 6GB driver and the CYX patch P106 driver?

1 hour ago, Average P106-90 Enjoyer said:

Thank you for the guide. Sadly i have relatively different hardware as i have P106-90, 2nd gen intel graphics and i have Windows 10. If i understood right, i need to set EnableMsHybrid to 1 and AdapterType to 0? Will this enable the P106 as high performance GPU in windows settings?

Do i need to use specifically the last GTX 1060 6GB driver listed in the driver list? What's the difference between installing the GTX 1060 6GB driver and the CYX patch P106 driver?

if u are using p106 090 the different only u should choose gtx 1060 3gb instead of 6gb version. its pain for gen3 or lower using this gpu in windows 10 u should consider upgrade ur windows to 11, win 11 have feature to specify which gpu u wanna use for each application so even it doesnt show up in power saving and high performance. there will be option to choose p106 in specify option. image.thumb.png.5c6e218a5285bcc27b07abec4f54df33.png

On 6/16/2023 at 5:13 PM, Fikars said:

if u are using p106 090 the different only u should choose gtx 1060 3gb instead of 6gb version. its pain for gen3 or lower using this gpu in windows 10 u should consider upgrade ur windows to 11, win 11 have feature to specify which gpu u wanna use for each application so even it doesnt show up in power saving and high performance. there will be option to choose p106 in specify option. image.thumb.png.5c6e218a5285bcc27b07abec4f54df33.png

Wow, this is actually really interesting. Good thing i have three drives in my laptop so i can try test-installing Windows 11 on one of them.

Hopefully it'll work. The laptop doesn't even properly support windows 10 so i'm wary to upgrade to 11.

Thanks for the tip. Do i still need to follow your guide and use your drivers to get the gpu to show up in that menu?

Also my P106-90 has 6GB of VRAM. Do i still need to choose the 3GB variant manually or can i just let the modded drivers install the CYX-Patch P106 themselves?

6 hours ago, Average P106-90 Enjoyer said:

Wow, this is actually really interesting. Good thing i have three drives in my laptop so i can try test-installing Windows 11 on one of them.

Hopefully it'll work. The laptop doesn't even properly support windows 10 so i'm wary to upgrade to 11.

Thanks for the tip. Do i still need to follow your guide and use your drivers to get the gpu to show up in that menu?

Also my P106-90 has 6GB of VRAM. Do i still need to choose the 3GB variant manually or can i just let the modded drivers install the CYX-Patch P106 themselves?

if you use cyx-patch, you don't need to change anything

is there any driver patch which works on Windows 7 64bit please?

On 6/16/2023 at 5:13 PM, Fikars said:

if u are using p106 090 the different only u should choose gtx 1060 3gb instead of 6gb version. its pain for gen3 or lower using this gpu in windows 10 u should consider upgrade ur windows to 11, win 11 have feature to specify which gpu u wanna use for each application so even it doesnt show up in power saving and high performance. there will be option to choose p106 in specify option.

I updated to windows 11, reinstalled the driver, deleted the AdapterType, but the specific GPU option does not show up. Any idea what i could have done wrong? I let the CYX patch driver install automatically. I will now try installing it manually.

EDIT: After i set AdapterType to 1, it showed up, but there were no changes in how the games work. For example furmark still tries to benchmark the HD 3000 instead of the P106.

EDIT2: It is even worse now. PUBG now just crashes after the intro.

Will the card run other work on it, like folding at home or CompuBench or Luxmark to make sure the card even works properly? Is it showing up in device manager without errors?

8 hours ago, devzero said:

is there any driver patch which works on Windows 7 64bit please?

No work on win 7, just win 10 dan 11

5 hours ago, Average P106-90 Enjoyer said:

Saya memperbarui ke windows 11, menginstal ulang driver, menghapus AdapterType, tetapi opsi GPU tertentu tidak muncul. Tahu apa yang bisa saya lakukan salah? Saya membiarkan driver patch CYX menginstal secara otomatis. Sekarang saya akan mencoba menginstalnya secara manual.

EDIT: Setelah saya mengatur AdapterType ke 1, itu muncul, tetapi tidak ada perubahan dalam cara kerja game. Misalnya furmark masih mencoba membandingkan HD 3000, bukan P106.

EDIT2: Sekarang bahkan lebih buruk. PUBG sekarang baru saja macet setelah intro.

try to follow the steps in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ62a98FMXA
enough to be installed without the need to edit the registry, recently there were 2 files detected by the virus by win defender, just allow it.

1 hour ago, VersusID said:

No work on win 7, just win 10 dan 11

sad news, however already had p106 card

i will upgrade my system soon, no step back

thanks for the help, it saved me from messing around any further on my current OS ,,,

15 hours ago, Average P106-90 Enjoyer said:

I updated to windows 11, reinstalled the driver, deleted the AdapterType, but the specific GPU option does not show up. Any idea what i could have done wrong? I let the CYX patch driver install automatically. I will now try installing it manually.

EDIT: After i set AdapterType to 1, it showed up, but there were no changes in how the games work. For example furmark still tries to benchmark the HD 3000 instead of the P106.

EDIT2: It is even worse now. PUBG now just crashes after the intro.

u need to set manually which gpu for each application in grapich setting. before u run the games make sure nvidia control panel installed correctly and check gpuz. sometimes it messed up cuz some features doesnt work like direct compute opengl etc. if this happen try to reinstall the driver. yeah my guide is bad cuz its in bahasa so probably u can find another guide in english languange for install and follow up the step. 

I managed to get it to work somehow after installing the GPU manually as GTX 1060. Furmark now works and other games do too. They run quite slow, but that is because the GPU runs at PCIE 1.0 x1. Is there any way to force P106 to use PCIE 2.0?

On 6/20/2023 at 4:12 AM, Average P106-90 Enjoyer said:

I managed to get it to work somehow after installing the GPU manually as GTX 1060. Furmark now works and other games do too. They run quite slow, but that is because the GPU runs at PCIE 1.0 x1. Is there any way to force P106 to use PCIE 2.0?

what processor are you using? maybe you should try to update your system☺️