Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

whats a good overclock that won't kill the gpu? bwdoew tw update i could only edit one of these stats
video and memory can be changed too.. i think

image.thumb.png.b69ae8b90fcde1e272f012904bda8cc3.png

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

21 hours ago, Snowarch said:

whats a good overclock that won't kill the gpu? bwdoew tw update i could only edit one of these stats
video and memory can be changed too.. i think

image.thumb.png.b69ae8b90fcde1e272f012904bda8cc3.png

@Snowarch nice

@Kitsios thanks for the news, gonna wait for the GUI. I have tried use the tdp tweak software to mod vbios and fail to flash the gpu.

5 hours ago, Kitsios said:

It seems that NVIDIA BIOS Signature Lock has been finally broken. Can this allow us to convert the mining cards into their gaming counterparts?
https://www.techpowerup.com/312631/nvidia-bios-signature-lock-broken-vbios-modding-and-crossflash-enabled-by-groundbreaking-new-tools

Probably not fully, some features are fused off in silicon supposedly but it might make driver support easier to accomplish.

6 hours ago, Kitsios said:

It seems that NVIDIA BIOS Signature Lock has been finally broken. Can this allow us to convert the mining cards into their gaming counterparts?
https://www.techpowerup.com/312631/nvidia-bios-signature-lock-broken-vbios-modding-and-crossflash-enabled-by-groundbreaking-new-tools

They just patched nvflash by removing software checks, which I already did a couple of years ago.

Perhaps it will help to modify the BIOS (adjust the frequencies and the fan curve, which you can do via Afterburner anyway).

Hi all!

Msi pc mate z97 + Intel Xeon E3 1225 V3 LGA 1150 + P106-100 will work?

7 hours ago, AlekseyAll said:

Hi all!

should works.

On 8/22/2023 at 12:06 PM, dartraiden said:

They just patched nvflash by removing software checks, which I already did a couple of years ago.

Perhaps it will help to modify the BIOS (adjust the frequencies and the fan curve, which you can do via Afterburner anyway).

Afterburner didn't work for me on windows. Got weird errors. Do u know another tool for overclock on windows of thr p104? Only know gwe on linux. And in general whats concidered a wont make the gpu die a lot faster overclock?

main rig:

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

backup

On 8/24/2023 at 11:05 PM, AlekseyAll said:

Will ASUS LGA 1150 motherboards work?

yes, only should have problems with dell or hp boards

On 8/24/2023 at 2:34 PM, AlekseyAll said:

Hi all!

Won't work unless you have a second GPU as the XEON has no iGPU to use as the video out 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Won't work

The Internet says Intel Xeon E3 1225 V3 LGA 1150 has a video of Intel HD Graphics P4600. 

Still won't work?

13 minutes ago, AlekseyAll said:

The Internet says Intel Xeon E3 1225 V3 LGA 1150 has a video of Intel HD Graphics P4600. 

Still won't work?

You are right sorry, I forgot older XEONs had iGPUs for some reason. Complete brainfart on my part. Theoretically, it should work fine. My mistake 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

On 8/21/2023 at 4:13 PM, Snowarch said:

I have not gotten mine running at 3.0 just 8gb bios was enabled. Ill check those threads, and see. From what i hear pci just makes the card 10% worse but i may be wrong. 

I assume you use windows, does it have an overclocking thing like gwe? thats the closest youll get to getting more out of the card without getting pci to work

BTW GPU-Z doesn't know the PCIe gen, it measures datarate and calculates the PCIe gen so if the card is not under load it will always show 1.1. for instance my card is running at 3.0, but when idle it shows this 

image.png.9a408a99b24656e2a84970b760d0fd9e.png

You can give it an artificial load by clicking the questionmark and running a render to load up the GPU, on higher-end cards you need to render in full screen to get it to show the actual number. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

59 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

BTW GPU-Z doesn't know the PCIe gen, it measures datarate and calculates the PCIe gen so if the card is not under load it will always show 1.1. for instance my card is running at 3.0, but when idle it shows this
You can give it an artificial load by clicking the questionmark and running a render to load up the GPU, on higher-end cards you need to render in full screen to get it to show the actual number. 

Is that link state power management at play?

18 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Is that link state power management at play?

Honestly... no idea 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Why can't I use p106-090 3gb as a regular GPU after downloading this driver? I can't detect it at all 😕

I have tried many options and nothing works. This topic doesn't work either. Will you help me?Zrzut ekranu (93).png

21 minutes ago, Erill93 said:

Hi. Why can't I use p106-090 3gb as a regular GPU after downloading this driver? I can't detect it at all 😕

I have tried many options and nothing works. This topic doesn't work either. Will you help me?Zrzut ekranu (93).png

Windows method: ddu the driver. Make sure you change the adapter properties in regedit, and to enablemshybrid=1 and the adapter type to i think 4. Replace Add the dartiden patch to the corresponding normal driver. (Ex: 531 to 531) use the have disk method to install the driver. Make sure you go into graphics settings to set spasific programs for the nvidia card.  I think a custom ver of control pannel is needed. Its also possible windows simply banned the cirtificate and you need a diffrent version of the driver. Good luck. Turn off wifi while installing. @VersusID

Has some good tutorials windows p106 installing. 

You could try the ubuntu linux method. Tested on 22.04 not minimum install. Make sure prime is installed. Install ubuntu like normal. 

Run 

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa && sudo apt-get update

Then

Ubuntu-drivers-devices 

It should list the avalable nvidia drivers. Choose the oldest (newest lowers performance a lot)

Sudo apt install 

Nvidia-driver-390 && sudo apt install nvidia prime

Once this finishes restart the pc. 

Press ctrl + alt + t and run "prime-select query" it should be on nvidia or on-demand.  If ondemand you need to run "env nv_prime_render_offload=1 in terminal before running things to specift gpu. If you wanna try full nvidia try "sudo prime-select nvidia. Wait for that to finish. Restart. 

install "proton-ge" and enable "proton for all titles" in steam. Dxvk should let you run direct x games via vulkan. Or you could try wine.  If you add windows stuff as non steam games and right click this method works. 

main rig:

backup

24 minutes ago, Snowarch said:

Upewnij się, że zmieniłeś właściwości adaptera w regedit i ustawiłeś opcję Enablemshybrid=1 oraz typ adaptera na myślę 4. Zamień Dodaj łatkę dartiden do odpowiedniego normalnego sterownika. (np. 531 do 531) użyj metody posiadania dysku, aby zainstalować sterownik.

Where should I set enablemshybrid=1 and adapter type to 4? There is no mention of this on page 1 of the guide.

8 hours ago, Erill93 said:
Where should I set enablemshybrid=1 and adapter type to 4? There is no mention of this on page 1 of the guide.

I'd recommend using a more modern version of the patch and driver but the part with regedit (the mshybrid=1 thing) and adapter type change was nessesary to get the card to work on my system. Good luck. https://youtu.be/Jv8JhR3gkyU?feature=shared

main rig:

backup

58 minut temu Snowarch powiedział:

Poleciłbym teraz wersję wersji łatki i sterownika, ale część z regedit (rzecz mshybrid=1) i zmiana typu adaptera była konieczna, aby karta inteligentna w moim systemie. Powodzenia. https://youtu.be/Jv8JhR3gkyU?feature=shared

I installed the drivers from the video you provided. I supposedly have a 1060 3gb, but there is still an error. NV Contro Panel does not want to start and does not detect anything about this card. I added the appropriate keys in the registry and nothing. It seems simple, but (as usual on Windows) something doesn't work  Even MSI Afterburner does not detect this card

Zrzut ekranu (96).png

Zrzut ekranu (97).png

Zrzut ekranu (98).png

On 9/19/2023 at 3:15 PM, Erill93 said:
I installed the drivers from the video you provided. I supposedly have a 1060 3gb, but there is still an error. NV Contro Panel does not want to start and does not detect anything about this card. I added the appropriate keys in the registry and nothing. It seems simple, but (as usual on Windows) something doesn't work  Even MSI Afterburner does not detect this card

Zrzut ekranu (96).png

Zrzut ekranu (97).png

Zrzut ekranu (98).png

Try new driver in this video 

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any working patched drivers (p106-100) for Windows 7? I found some, but I'm getting error 39.

Windows 7 doesn't support hybrid graphics, so you'll have to tinker with crazy tricks like Extend Displays.

To force vga output in Windows 7 you need to go to the «Screen resolution» menu, click on «Detect» button — another gray screen(s) should pop up in the menu. Click on one of them, and in the drop down menu select something like «Try to connect VGA display on P106-100»

After that select «Extend Displays» and apply

Then if you set your «virtual monitor» as a Default (Don't do this unless you have a program to switch windows between monitors with keys!!! I use Ultramon) program will start there and use the P106-100 GPU and you can use your hotkey to switch to your main monitor and it will be good»

I recommend installing Windows 11, it has the best support for hybrid graphics. Especially if you have an 11th generation Intel processor or newer (Windows 11 supports CASO).