Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

2 hours ago, dartraiden said:

I have only one working certificate left, so from now on I will upload only the patched driver maybe the certificate will last longer.

Thank you very much. Your latest driver on github page is working fine with latest windows update now.

OK, let's hope this certificate doesn't get banned.

If that happens then it's game over (then you will either have to not install the Windows update, or disable signature verification in Windows => anti-cheats will not be happy).

4 hours ago, WanWan said:

Thank you very much. Your latest driver on github page is working fine with latest windows update now.

Can you please check GPU-Z output  for DirectCompute support?

This relies on NVIDIA's digital signature, I'm afraid it's blacklisted too.

3 hours ago, dartraiden said:

Can you please check GPU-Z output  for DirectCompute support?

This relies on NVIDIA's digital signature, I'm afraid it's blacklisted too.

Here you go

Screenshot_354.png

I just have a Zotac P106-100 a week ago, can anyone help me with this questions pls🥰

There is 1 vga port on this card but the shop tell me that it can't be used, is that true ? 🙃

When i install CYX-531.41 patch, i install directly by double click the driver, is that different from the way it's install through 3D video controller, and any performance different between 2 way of installing driver or it's just get different name 😅

What is the most stable driver for P106-100, driver CYX-531.41 ? 😐

My card lock fan speed at 68% minimum, can i flash bios to freely custom the setting 🫠

Tks for your time and sorry for my bad english 😘

Attempt to enable NVENC.

1) Do the first 5 steps from here

2) After step 5 download these files and replace them (so you replace files twice: first from releases to enable 3D acceleration, then those files to enable NVENC)

3) Do the next steps

4) Verify NVENC support

I use the p106-90. I don't understand which 1060 3GB version to choose to avoid encountering error code 43.

14 hours ago, dartraiden said:

Attempt to enable NVENC.

1) Do the first 5 steps from here

2) After step 5 download these files and replace them (so you replace files twice: first from releases to enable 3D acceleration, then those files to enable NVENC)

3) Do the next steps

4) Verify NVENC support

NVENC Verification Patch only show this then after one second the window is closed. Trying to encode some video using nvenc encoder on Handbrake is still resulting error too.

Screenshot_356.png

7 hours ago, WanWan said:

NVENC Verification Patch only show this then after one second the window is closed. Trying to encode some video using nvenc encoder on Handbrake is still resulting error too.

Screenshot_356.png

Gimana cara pakeknya gan? 

12 hours ago, WanWan said:

A user reported that after the patch test works fine. Maybe in some P106-100 NVENС is blocked at the software level, and in some at the hardware level...

On my card, NVENC never worked after the patch too.

9 hours ago, dartraiden said:

A user reported that after the patch test works fine. Maybe in some P106-100 NVENС is blocked at the software level, and in some at the hardware level...

On my card, NVENC never worked after the patch too.

Same 😅

On 7/15/2023 at 10:55 PM, VersusID said:

Same 😅

Nvenc also failed here. Also update broke my driver too. I have a question. I mostly want to use my nvidia card for roblox and minecraft cause some mods do not work on ubuntu. Opengl, opencl, and cuda are checked on my gpu-z. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make minecraft use the proper gpu? I know minecraft uses opengl api but its using my igpu. 

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

@dartraiden

Did you change something in the opengl code? P104 is now locked at opengl 1.1 mode. Was 4.6 before. Open cl and the rest seam back according to gpuz. Good news is i can make the pc use the gpu now. Do u have the old .dll patches?

main rig:

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

backup

@VersusIDthanks, your video on enabling the mshybrid and adapter type seams to of made the p104 usable. Minecraft works. I just added the wrong .exe file. I gotta manually add things per .exe but it works!

main rig:

backup

I added a p106-100 gaming on ubuntu guide incase we lose cirtificate. If anyone has questoions ask. 

Im vary new to this quick questions

Is above 4g decoding helpful?

And for primary graphics adapter do yall use pci express or onboard?

Also is multi igpu monitor an issue? 

And i doubt anyones pulled it off but has anyone got vr to work on these? Or tried just curious. Cause i almost got it once on ubuntu 16.04 and alvr + steam vr. Used a command that made the pc see it as a 3rd monitor. Also got steam vr to show briefly but games didnt seam to work outside this. Good luck if anyone wants to try. 

Oh and if we lose the cirtificates fear not! I can give a ubuntu tutorial on making the p106 work there if need be. But just incase.

Heres how i have it...if needed. Assuming a duel boot setup. Or 2 drives ect and you have windows. I use unity ubuntu but can use alternate distro too if prefir likely. 

1. Make sure "Onboard" is set as your primary gpu in bios. Above 4g decoding idk if it helps or not. 

2. Download "unity ubuntu"(or flavor of choice) .iso.

3. Install the os like normal or do a drive split. Once u set it its set. 

4. Once u reboot, it will use the intel/igpu vary likely. When u click corner "about pc" 

It should say "(igpu name here) or mesa graphics" or if its using nvidia card "SSE2/p106-100"

If it says "p106-100" youre good. Hit the super key and varify nvidia x server is installed. 

If not this is where it gets dicey.

1. Add the graphics team ppa. 

2. Use the command "sudo apt apt-get nvidia-prime" (this is essentual) 

Note,v do NOT use a .run file off nvidias site.

3 a.(graphical method) once the ppa is added,

hit super and search additional drivers. It should let u select an nvidia one from pannel. Make sure u dont choose server. Some gamea act up with that. Choose the driver regular version. 

3. B.) Sometimes the graphical method will be greyed out if a driver isn-'t already there. In this case you use a command (in the terminal openably by ctrl + t) semilar to "device-drivers" where it'll list em for your nvidia card. You next select which one you'd like. (I forget if u use headless driver package or not been a while) and you try the sudo apt-get (driver name copy pasted from terminal) and wait for it. Once its done youre good. 

Note: 

3. Wait for it to tell u to log out and log back in for drivers to take effect. Do not logout it will fail. Do a full shutdown or restart. Just to be safe only once its done. 

You'll next boot up your pc. One of two things will happen

- black screen after bios

Or you'll be in os with x server nvidia/ control pannel openablye up. And the corrext gpu in about pc.

But if u black screen after bios

Use alt + f1

This will let u enter a tty1 terminal. In this terminal Use the command "sudo prime-select query" (this will tell u whats selected currently) If its nvidia and blsck screens  use the command  "sudo prime-select on-demand" wait for it to completely finish updating intrim fs or itll mess up. . Once thats done do a restart. U should have x server searchable and the gpu selected. If youre stuck on on demand you may need to tell teh gpu to use each program. But itll work. Good luck. 

Bonus info: Green with envy (gwe) is a linux nvidia overclocking utility. You can even set a custom fan curve. 

System monitor = task manager. (Access by using super and searching it) 

Personally id recommend the debian package version of steam off its website. 

Don't forget to enable steam beta and proton for all titles!  Also gloreous eggroll is nessesary for some. 

Also some things (like blizzard's launcher) can only be installed via wine. Or u can sometimes give u can access windoes file system in linux use thr add non steam game command to add your windoes games and tell it to run with steam assuming duel boot setiup. Adding a .exe installed on linux as launcher then game (2 non steam games) also lets u use those on proton if u prefir going without wine. 

main rig:

backup

I have i7-7700 UHD 630 igpu paired with P106-100. I'm using HDMI 1.4 from my motherboard and It only display 120hz, is there anyway to get atleast 144hz on it?

IMG_20230725_124021.jpg

14 hours ago, WhiskeyDelta said:

I have i7-7700 UHD 630 igpu paired with P106-100. I'm using HDMI 1.4 from my motherboard and It only display 120hz, is there anyway to get atleast 144hz on it?

IMG_20230725_124021.jpg

Wait youre using an intel uhd 630 gpu too? How are u able to get over 60 hz? Mine won't do it. Also using an hdmi, p104-100 card, and a 8086k with 630 uhd graphics. 

I tried linux and windows no over 60 even at 1080p. 

As for your situation, the p106's refresh rate is igpu bound(of your igpu doesnt support 120+ hz your p106 will not). So u can't. 

main rig:

backup

How are u able to get over 60 hz?

Depends of HDMI version supported by mobo and monitor.

I'm using HDMI 1.4 from my motherboard and It only display 120hz, is there anyway to get atleast 144hz on it?

144 Hz is not standardized in HDMI 1.4. So many devices with HDMI 1.4 ports do not support frequencies above 120 Hz.

You can try Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)

I managed to get 136 Hz by setting front/back porch and sync width as lower as possible (the lower these values, the higher you can raise the refresh rate). Thus, lowering little by little, find the minimum values at which the monitor works normally and then gradually increase the refresh rate in the lower field.

Tip: make a copy in the detailed resolution section and conduct all experiments on it (as you can see on my screenshot).

photo_2023-07-26_01-41-23.jpg

13 hours ago, dartraiden said:

144 Hz is not standardized in HDMI 1.4. So many devices with HDMI 1.4 ports do not support frequencies above 120 Hz.

You can try Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)

I managed to get 136 Hz by setting front/back porch and sync width as lower as possible (the lower these values, the higher you can raise the refresh rate). Thus, lowering little by little, find the minimum values at which the monitor works normally and then gradually increase the refresh rate in the lower field.

Tip: make a copy in the detailed resolution section and conduct all experiments on it (as you can see on my screenshot).

photo_2023-07-26_01-41-23.jpg

Hi dartraiden,

Is this safe to use? I've read some feedbacks about this and some of them bricked their monitor. I guess they did it wrong and overclocked their monitor above its capability. Can't you achieve 144hz using CRU? 

Also, I have this issue when playing games or opening apps using P106-100. My monitor turns off and on many times, I have no idea what it causes.

16 hours ago, Snowarch said:

Wait youre using an intel uhd 630 gpu too? How are u able to get over 60 hz? Mine won't do it. Also using an hdmi, p104-100 card, and a 8086k with 630 uhd graphics. 

I tried linux and windows no over 60 even at 1080p. 

As for your situation, the p106's refresh rate is igpu bound(of your igpu doesnt support 120+ hz your p106 will not). So u can't. 

Hi Snow,

I just bought this 165hz monitor and plug it on my system unit. It automatically reads 120hz with UHD 630. The only problem is black screen when playing games or opening an app using P106-100.

I make no guarantees. My monitor was working fine, although I don't see the point in risking for extra 16 Hz.

8 hours ago, dartraiden said:

I make no guarantees. My monitor was working fine, although I don't see the point in risking for extra 16 Hz.

I tried to make a custom resolution of 1920x1080 144Hz on CRU but no luck, it doesn't work.

I guess I'm stuck at 120Hz until I buy a dGPU with video output.

Thanks!

hello, my english is not very good, has anyone tried or managed to use p104/p106 as an external graphic for laptop?
I tried to use it with drivers cyx patch 527.56 and 531.41, in furmark I got only 45 fps and in games like god of war 20 fps, with my gt1030 I get 35 fps in the game, my laptop is a lenovo z400 with i7 3612mq(in Windows 10, I am allergic to windows 11), Is it because it is a third generation processor?
I have used the same driver installation method that I used on my desktop pc(Windows 10) and there the p104-100 works without problems with a fourth generation xeon

On 7/6/2023 at 6:27 PM, Teolas said:

My specs:

i5-10400F - no integrated GPU

1st card - GT 1030 2Gb GDDR5 (any cheap GPU AMD r5 or r7)

2nd card - ASUS p106-100 6Gb

OS Windows 10 22H2

1. Uninstalled all Nvidia drivers in safe mode (DDU), reboot in original Windows.

2. Installed drivers 534.61 patched from post https://linustechtips.com/topic/1029382-hacking-nvidias-drivers/page/54/#comment-15867219

4. Regedit key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\ ---> 0000 and 0001

3. Change/Add EnableMsHybrid=1 for p106-100

4. Change/Add EnableMsHybrid=2 for GT 1030

5. Reboot

6. In Nvidia panel set NVIDIA GPU as default

7. Disable Windows update drivers with  Group Policy Editor

And all works for me. Games use p106-100.  But some games can still have issues. Also necessary to have 2 PCIe x16 slots.  Although I only have 1 PCIe x16 and 1 PCIe x1 - p106-100 works in 16, gt 1030 in PCIex1. My bad luck with MOBO. And I think just buy cheap rx 580.

GPU-Z:

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 7/7/2023 at 11:34 AM, devzero said:

awsome! is that for real?!

this is a very good news for everybody, many newbie like me still think minning series card must have system with igpu,,,

so not just possible work arround, but also it's been proofen it can be done by using 2 gpu,

very releived, sure will follow step 1-7, since it's seem very clear and easy step to follow,,,

thanks for sharing the tips, precious information this is,,,

My specs: (almost the same with yours ;))

mobo x99 chipset + xeon e5 2667 v4 - no integrated GPU

1st card - MSI GT 1030 2Gb GDDR5

2nd card - EVGA p106-100 6Gb

OS Windows 10 22H2

DONE!!!!

at last, work well on xeon + x99 system, with no igpu,,,
thanks again, i follow your instructions,,, although i using different driver patch, i think the key here is on the "EnableMsHybrid" things on registry,

as expected, maybe it has bootle neck on the 1x pcie riser i dont realy know, since my mainboard only have single pcie x16 slot,

still not satisfied with the performance result but proofen it can be done, also great for gamming, i'm very happy,

i'm not sure, should i upgrade my system entirely or just get a new x99 mainboard which has more than pcie x16 slot?

ss.png