TV Series

GabrielFerrazTPU

Glitch

• People who were buried in the local cemetery of Yoorana are coming back to life with no memory of who they are, or what happened to them. Local policeman James Haynes tries to make sense of what's going on, while keeping this event secret from the rest of the town.
  • This show has pretty much the same premise as The Returned and Resurrection. I enjoyed Glitch more than The Returned, but I've never watched Resurrection.

Black Mirror

• Sci-fi thriller anthology series that explores human behaviour and technology.
  • Due to the fact that the show is a collection of stories, most episodes can be viewed in any order.

Van Helsing

• Vanessa Van Helsing awakens from a years-long coma to find that the world is now ruled by vampires. She soon finds out that her blood can turn vampires into humans.
  • The budget for Van Helsing is not that high, and it shows. Still, if you can get past its slow start, you might find yourself having fun with this one just like I did.

The Haunting of Hill House

• In the early 90s, the Crane family moves into a house they are planning on renovating and selling. A horrific event results in the death of the mother, and eventually fragments the family. Decades later, another tragedy reunites the family.
  • Although primarily a horror-themed show, it's more of a suspense/thriller. It's a show worth binge-watching.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

6 hours ago, Gale said:

Glitch

• People who were buried in the local cemetery of Yoorana are coming back to life with no memory of who they are, or what happened to them. Local policeman James Haynes tries to make sense of what's going on, while keeping this event secret from the rest of the town.
  • This show has pretty much the same premise as The Returned and Resurrection. I enjoyed Glitch more than The Returned, but I've never watched Resurrection.

Black Mirror

• Sci-fi thriller anthology series that explores human behaviour and technology.
  • Due to the fact that the show is a collection of stories, most episodes can be viewed in any order.

Van Helsing

• Vanessa Van Helsing awakens from a years-long coma to find that the world is now ruled by vampires. She soon finds out that her blood can turn vampires into humans.
  • The budget for Van Helsing is not that high, and it shows. Still, if you can get past its slow start, you might find yourself having fun with this one just like I did.

The Haunting of Hill House

• In the early 90s, the Crane family moves into a house they are planning on renovating and selling. A horrific event results in the death of the mother, and eventually fragments the family. Decades later, another tragedy reunites the family.
  • Although primarily a horror-themed show, it's more of a suspense/thriller. It's a show worth binge-watching.

Sounds cool this "glitch", i watched resurrection, but not the returned.

black mirror i've just heard about.

"Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave birth to time and space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that set a planet spinning in that space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave rise to life as we know it... And then came the next explosion. An explosion that will be our last"

"... To see the world in a grain of sand. Heaven in a wild flower

Hold infinite in the palm of your hand.  And eternity in an hour ..."

PC: 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 4.3GHz 1.3875v Motherboard: AsRock X470 Taichi (BIOS: Agesa 1.0.0.3 ABB) RAM: 4x8GB(32) 3200MHzCL16 Hyper X GPU: GTX 980 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Core Clock: 1595MHz Memory Clock: 8000MHz Storage: SAMSUNG EVO 860 2TB(OS) / SAMSUNG EVO 860 1TB(Backup) Cooler: NZXT Hydro X72 360mm Case: NZXT Phantom 820 PSU: Corsair TX-750w Display Monitor: Monitor AOC AG251FG 240Hz G-Sync 1080p Headset: Headset LogiTech G633 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Version: 1909 / OS Build: )

NOTEBOOK:

Model: Acer Aspire 5516 CPU: AMD TF-20 1.6GHz(1C/1T) GPU: ATI Radeon X1200(256MB) RAM: 4GB(2x2GB) 666MHz HD: SSD Sandisk PLUS 240GB OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

I really enjoyed Marvel's 'The punisher' on Netflix

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

28 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

I really enjoyed Marvel's 'The punisher' on Netflix

OHH i was going to ask you guys about that one ahahaha, from marvel the only one i watch is Marvel's Agent's of Shield since i like Clark Greg's character.

"Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave birth to time and space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that set a planet spinning in that space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave rise to life as we know it... And then came the next explosion. An explosion that will be our last"

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 4.3GHz 1.3875v Motherboard: AsRock X470 Taichi (BIOS: Agesa 1.0.0.3 ABB) RAM: 4x8GB(32) 3200MHzCL16 Hyper X GPU: GTX 980 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Core Clock: 1595MHz Memory Clock: 8000MHz Storage: SAMSUNG EVO 860 2TB(OS) / SAMSUNG EVO 860 1TB(Backup) Cooler: NZXT Hydro X72 360mm Case: NZXT Phantom 820 PSU: Corsair TX-750w Display Monitor: Monitor AOC AG251FG 240Hz G-Sync 1080p Headset: Headset LogiTech G633 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Version: 1909 / OS Build: )

NOTEBOOK:

Model: Acer Aspire 5516 CPU: AMD TF-20 1.6GHz(1C/1T) GPU: ATI Radeon X1200(256MB) RAM: 4GB(2x2GB) 666MHz HD: SSD Sandisk PLUS 240GB OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

18 minutes ago, SmGroWs said:

Just finished Narcos season 2. Next on my list is of course season 3 and then I think I will start to watch The office.

It's about a drug dealer right?

NOTEBOOK:

18 minutes ago, GabrielLP14 said:

It's about a drug dealer right?

Narcos is about Pablo Escobar. I presume you've heard of him? Some of the younger LTT forum users might be too young to know who he is.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The expanse - first 2 episodes were enough for me to keep watching it, it's the best TV show I've ever seen so far

The X files - it's a pretty good "casual" TV show (meaning you watch it from time to time since there isn't a story)

Silicon valley - incredible...

I've also watched:

The fringe - like modern The x files but it wasn't interesting.

The haunting of hill house - too many jumpscares.

22 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

The X files - it's a pretty good "casual" TV show (meaning you watch it from time to time since there isn't a story)

This is incorrect.

While most episodes were essentially "monster of the week" and featured no overall story, there is an entire overarching story called the "MythArc" that lasts the entire series. There are dozens of episodes in the MythArc.

You can find plenty of online guides that tell you which episodes to watch to get the main story while skipping the rest.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 2/5/2019 at 8:27 AM, Jerkamie said:

All i watch is married with children and the A-team

the theme song for the A-team started playing in my head

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

This is incorrect.

While most episodes were essentially "monster of the week" and featured no overall story, there is an entire overarching story called the "MythArc" that lasts the entire series. There are dozens of episodes in the MythArc.

You can find plenty of online guides that tell you which episodes to watch to get the main story while skipping the rest.

Shhh, don't tell people about it.It's incredibly bad, I've watched only mytharc episodes for some time and they were so bad I almost abandoned the show.It did have a lot of potential to be good but they have, somehow, ruined it.

1 minute ago, MyName13 said:

Shhh, don't tell people about it.It's incredibly bad, I've watched only mytharc episodes for some time and they were so bad I almost abandoned the show.It did have a lot of potential to be good but they have, somehow, ruined it.

Wow - we so completely disagree that it's almost absurd.

The "monster of the week" episodes are mostly garbage. No story, very little character development, and no long term consequences.

The MythArc episodes are the best thing about X-Files. Frankly, the rest of the show should have been axed and cut down to say 8-10 episodes per season. The Alien conspiracy stuff is by far the highlight of X-Files.

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Wow - we so completely disagree that it's almost absurd.

The "monster of the week" episodes are mostly garbage. No story, very little character development, and no long term consequences.

The MythArc episodes are the best thing about X-Files. Frankly, the rest of the show should have been axed and cut down to say 8-10 episodes per season. The Alien conspiracy stuff is by far the highlight of X-Files.

I don't think even the writers had any idea what they were doing.It's obvious they were making things up for each season (instead of making a plan at the beginning).They did improve it from season 6, but it was too late to repair the damage from previous seasons.First it was the bees, then the oil, but no one knew what it was for so they repeated it all without making any sense out of it.

Just now, MyName13 said:

I don't think even the writers had any idea what they were doing.It's obvious they were making things up for each season (instead of making a plan at the beginning).They did improve it from season 6, but it was too late to repair the damage from previous seasons.First it was the bees, then the oil, but no one knew what it was for so they repeated it all without making any sense out of it.

The oil and bees are related, fyi. The Bees were a transport method designed by the conspirators to spread the "infection" (AKA the black oil goo) faster than the oil could normally spread. It was also potentially modified to create alien hybrids (like in Fight the Future).

The series never actually concluded the MythArc story yet though - especially since when they had an opportunity with "I Want To Believe", they decided to forgo the MythArc and do a "Monster of the week" movie instead (Spoiler, the movie is mediocre at best and was a financial disaster).

They continued the MythArc in the new revived season, but I have yet to see any of it.

On 2/1/2019 at 3:09 PM, GabrielLP14 said:

Hey everyone, i'm looking for some new TV series to watch since the series i watch are on mid-season.

I like Sci-Fi series war series, mystery series, pos-apocalyptic time are one of my favorites.

I watch:

The Walking Dead

The 100

Supernatural

Shannara Chronicles

Jericho

Westworld

The Passage
The Strain
Project Blue Book
Taken (The Spielberg one, not the one based on the Liam Neeson movies)
The Outer Limits
The Twilight Zone
The X Files
Wayward Pines
Channel Zero

39 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

The oil and bees are related, fyi. The Bees were a transport method designed by the conspirators to spread the "infection" (AKA the black oil goo) faster than the oil could normally spread. It was also potentially modified to create alien hybrids (like in Fight the Future).

The series never actually concluded the MythArc story yet though - especially since when they had an opportunity with "I Want To Believe", they decided to forgo the MythArc and do a "Monster of the week" movie instead (Spoiler, the movie is mediocre at best and was a financial disaster).

They continued the MythArc in the new revived season, but I have yet to see any of it.

Yes, I believe they mentioned the first part a few seasons later, no idea what took them so long (and I doubt they planned that far ahead).What were those children clones then (Mulder's sister I think, somewhere in first 4 seasons)?

2 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

Yes, I believe they mentioned the first part a few seasons later, no idea what took them so long (and I doubt they planned that far ahead).What were those children clones then (Mulder's sister I think, somewhere in first 4 seasons)?

Those were alien-human hybrids. If I recall (it's been some time), it has something to do with the aliens living and being able to reproduce on our world.

There's also more than one race of aliens, which have different motivations.

On 2/5/2019 at 11:19 AM, GabrielLP14 said:

Dr. Who i've never heard of

It's a sci-fi TV series. IIRC it's filmed near where I live. Watch it some time, I think you'll like it.

2 minutes ago, 1kv said:

It's a sci-fi TV series. IIRC it's filmed near where I live. Watch it some time, I think you'll like it.

It's kind of funny, since Doctor Who is:

1. One of the most popular TV series world wide (Personally, I very much dislike the cheesy nature of it)

2. It's one of the (if not the) longest running serialized TV shows in history

So it always surprises me when I meet someone who hasn't heard of it.

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

(Personally, I very much dislike the cheesy nature of it)

Me too, I find it kinda hard to sit through multiple episodes. One or two are enough for me.

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

So it always surprises me when I meet someone who hasn't heard of it.

It surprises me too, but then again it depends on where OP is. Doctor Who hasn't spread everywhere quite yet.

Any Star Trek show is a good shout. Even Discovery although some people don't like it.

And I really enjoyed Lost in Space on Netflix although there's only one season

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

23 minutes ago, Inversion said:

Any Star Trek show is a good shout. Even Discovery although some people don't like it.

I love Star Trek, though some of the older series are hard to watch now.

I'd tell people to skip TOS unless there's a nostalgic reason to watch it (or they enjoy campy/cheesy acting). TOS, frankly, isn't very good IMO.

TOS-era movies, however, are largely great. Skip TMP (The Motion Picture, movie #1). Watch #2-6. #5 is kinda trash, but enjoyable enough (there's a weird sexy dance by Uhura, and they shoot "God" (aka not actually God, just a random alien) in the face with torpedoes).

#2 - The Wrath of Khan - is one of the best Trek movies made. It's so filled with suspense. But it's a bit of a slow burner. #3 continues the story, and is decent. #4 has time travelling whales, and is just all kinds of hilarious. #6 (Undiscovered Country) is perhaps cinematically the best of them, and is a well rounded political action movie.

TNG as a series is very mixed - it includes some of the best Trek episodes of all time, but there's a lot of trash in there. Season 1 and 2 are kinda rough. Either grab an episode guide or just slog through the first few seasons to get to the good stuff.

TNG-era movies are largely all pretty good popcorn flicks. First Contact is perhaps the best Trek movie out there (Up there with Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country). Insurrection is meh but has decent action, same with Nemesis.

DS9 is my favourite Trek of all time. Seasons 1-2 are weak, but there's good stuff there. Season 3 gets better. Season 4 thru the end (7) are killer. Season's 6 and 7 of DS9 are the best Star Trek in existence in my opinion.

Voyager is a mixed bag. It's more accessible and has more action, but the acting is pretty rough in Season 1, and the writing is just all over the place. It's a fun guilty pleasure if you like the characters.

Enterprise is surprisingly well rounded. Despite the MASSIVE flak it got back in the day (mostly for odd retconning), every season is good. And season 3 and 4 are great. Except the finale. Which sucks lol.

Discovery is also pretty great. Season 1 was mixed. It started off strong, was really weak in the middle (not bad, just... bleg. boring), and had one of the best season enders out there. The last like 5 episodes were killer. I have yet to watch any Season 2 yet.

There's also Abrams-verse Trek, which is more action oriented (Basically Star Wars in the Trek verse) - it's quite good, but very different from the rest of Trek.

23 minutes ago, Inversion said:

And I really enjoyed Lost in Space on Netflix although there's only one season

It was good then? I saw the movie back in the day with Gary Oldman and Matt LeBlanc, but I have yet to catch the new series.

19 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I love Star Trek, though some of the older series are hard to watch now.

I'd tell people to skip TOS unless there's a nostalgic reason to watch it (or they enjoy campy/cheesy acting). TOS, frankly, isn't very good IMO.

TOS-era movies, however, are largely great. Skip TMP (The Motion Picture, movie #1). Watch #2-6. #5 is kinda trash, but enjoyable enough (there's a weird sexy dance by Uhura, and they shoot "God" (aka not actually God, just a random alien) in the face with torpedoes).

#2 - The Wrath of Khan - is one of the best Trek movies made. It's so filled with suspense. But it's a bit of a slow burner. #3 continues the story, and is decent. #4 has time travelling whales, and is just all kinds of hilarious. #6 (Undiscovered Country) is perhaps cinematically the best of them, and is a well rounded political action movie.

TNG as a series is very mixed - it includes some of the best Trek episodes of all time, but there's a lot of trash in there. Season 1 and 2 are kinda rough. Either grab an episode guide or just slog through the first few seasons to get to the good stuff.

TNG-era movies are largely all pretty good popcorn flicks. First Contact is perhaps the best Trek movie out there (Up there with Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country). Insurrection is meh but has decent action, same with Nemesis.

DS9 is my favourite Trek of all time. Seasons 1-2 are weak, but there's good stuff there. Season 3 gets better. Season 4 thru the end (7) are killer. Season's 6 and 7 of DS9 are the best Star Trek in existence in my opinion.

Voyager is a mixed bag. It's more accessible and has more action, but the acting is pretty rough in Season 1, and the writing is just all over the place. It's a fun guilty pleasure if you like the characters.

Enterprise is surprisingly well rounded. Despite the MASSIVE flak it got back in the day (mostly for odd retconning), every season is good. And season 3 and 4 are great. Except the finale. Which sucks lol.

Discovery is also pretty great. Season 1 was mixed. It started off strong, was really weak in the middle (not bad, just... bleg. boring), and had one of the best season enders out there. The last like 5 episodes were killer. I have yet to watch any Season 2 yet.

There's also Abrams-verse Trek, which is more action oriented (Basically Star Wars in the Trek verse) - it's quite good, but very different from the rest of Trek.

It was good then? I saw the movie back in the day with Gary Oldman and Matt LeBlanc, but I have yet to catch the new series.

I mostly agree with what you're saying on the Star Trek front. I feel like everyone should watch a couple of TOS episodes though to see where it came from. I haven't watched a great deal of TNG but I will say some episodes are fantastic while others don't hold up great.

Your analysis of the TOS movies I largely agree with apart from that Final Frontier (#5) is practically unwatchable. TMP had a lot of issues but I could at least kinda get behind the story but Final Frontier is terrible on so many levels. I skip it every time I watch the TOS movies. Oh and 6 is about as funny as 4 IMO.

I only watched DS9 last year and I would say it is objectively the best of the shows because it is absolutely amazing but I still maintain Voyager to be my favourite.

Voyager has a few duff episodes and the first season can feel a little like an early TNG reskin but overall I think it's a really good show that let them explore a lot of new arcs they couldn't before when they had Starfleet to back them up.

Since I was born in 2000 and I didn't really watch Star Trek till I was about 11 or 12, I missed all the hate towards Enterprise. I really enjoyed it and up until I watched DS9 it was hands down my second favourite show. Now it's tied with DS9.

Discovery has the hard job of staying kinda true to old trek without being a reskin of the same old formula and so far I think it's doing that pretty well. Would recommend.

The TNG movies are kinda hit and miss. Generations is an okay handover from Kirk to Picard. First Contact is my second favourite Star Trek movie after Undiscovered Country and it hits the nail on the head with everything from story to music to the costumes. Insurrection kinda feels like a 2 part episode with a bigger budget but it's not bad. And Nemesis gets a lot of flak but it's an okay attempt at the high suspense and action of First Contact.

The Abrams-verse Treks are pretty good yeah and they're how I introduced my girlfriend to Star Trek but they are quite different from the rest.

Also yeah Lost in Space is pretty good. I'm looking forward to Season 2

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

2 minutes ago, Inversion said:

I mostly agree with what you're saying on the Star Trek front. I feel like everyone should watch a couple of TOS episodes though to see where it came from. I haven't watched a great deal of TNG but I will say some episodes are fantastic while others don't hold up great.

Oh I agree - I also think it's important for anyone wanting to do a "TOS-era" Movie Watch, that they should watch the TOS episode "Space Seed" first. I didn't, so I had no idea who Khan was, aside from the very limited info you get when watching Wrath of Khan. Space Seed explores Khan and the rest of the augments, their history, a little bit about what they want - and it sets up them getting stranded on Seti Alpha Five, and gives a bit more impact to the death of Khan's lover.

Your analysis of the TOS movies I largely agree with apart from that Final Frontier (#5) is practically unwatchable. TMP had a lot of issues but I could at least kinda get behind the story but Final Frontier is terrible on so many levels. I skip it every time I watch the TOS movies. Oh and 6 is about as funny as 4 IMO.

I had a bit of fun with Star Trek V, but frankly, I do skip it most of the time I watch the older movies. You're right, TMP definitely had some good ideas (Also I love the V'Ger is the ancestor of the Borg theory), but the movie is just... I dunno. It just felt like a 2 hour mediocre TOS episode.

I only watched DS9 last year and I would say it is objectively the best of the shows because it is absolutely amazing but I still maintain Voyager to be my favourite.

DS9 is hands down my favourite. The Dominion War arc is the best Trek I've ever seen.

Voyager has a few duff episodes and the first season can feel a little like an early TNG reskin but overall I think it's a really good show that let them explore a lot of new arcs they couldn't before when they had Starfleet to back them up.

Voyager was probably the only series that I watched air live on TV, every single episode, from start to finish. There's a certain fondness there, and it's a guilty pleasure for sure. But it's by no means my favourite. I rate it above TOS for sure - maybe tied with TNG (Voy had more "better" episodes, but the best of TNG far outweighs the best of Voy)

Since I was born in 2000 and I didn't really watch Star Trek till I was about 11 or 12, I missed all the hate towards Enterprise. I really enjoyed it and up until I watched DS9 it was hands down my second favourite show. Now it's tied with DS9.

Fair enough - I was born in the late 80's. TNG was off the air by the time I started to watch TV, but I grew up on DS9, Babylon 5 (Fuck I love that show), and Voyager.

Discovery has the hard job of staying kinda true to old trek without being a reskin of the same old formula and so far I think it's doing that pretty well. Would recommend.

Definitely for sure. My only gripe with Discovery is their claim that it's "Alpha Canon" (meaning same universe as TOS/TNG/Voy/DS9, etc). The issue with that is the really odd changes in visual/culture, etc. Klingon's are physically totally different, and even their culture is different from what we knew.

I'd have been happy to call it "Abrams universe" or even a totally new alternate universe. I'd have been happier if they just used the Alpha Klingon ship designs and makeup designs (and give them some creative freedom to spice it up slightly and make it new and flashy).

The TNG movies are kinda hit and miss. Generations is an okay handover from Kirk to Picard. First Contact is my second favourite Star Trek movie after Undiscovered Country and it hits the nail on the head with everything from story to music to the costumes. Insurrection kinda feels like a 2 part episode with a bigger budget but it's not bad. And Nemesis gets a lot of flak but it's an okay attempt at the high suspense and action of First Contact.

Agreed here. Generations is decent. It's fun and has some good moments, but it's not great. 

The Abrams-verse Treks are pretty good yeah and they're how I introduced my girlfriend to Star Trek but they are quite different from the rest.

Also yeah Lost in Space is pretty good. I'm looking forward to Season 2

23 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

This is incorrect.

Or just be cool and watch them all.