So Linus dosent like asking Intel for replacements?

Ryanwake

What's he so afraid of them saying no, or the fact that the more stuff he asks for the less that they're going to say yes?

Linus says he dreads asking for a replacement CPU.

Of course this would have to be if he doesn't ask for a replacement CPU anyway.

But if he doesn't want to ask them, I want to see how he would react to getting what he doesn't want ask for.

Now we know why Intel has CPU shortages. Linus dropped them all...

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Maybe because Apple will try to charge him for the CPU, the board and everything else around it? Which would cost more than just putting their own CPU in there. Not to mention they will charge more than what the part is truly worth brand new.
I dunno, haven't watched the video, since it's on Floatplane.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, James Evens said:

clickbait thumbnails, clickbait titles, 21:9 or content? 

all of those and the blatant haterd of Apple.

they hate Apple so much that they don't bother doing a google search if they can't find a feature. they claimed in the macbook air 2018 review that macos has no window snapping. like seriously?

She/Her

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

they hate Apple so much that they don't bother doing a google search if they can't find a feature. they claimed in the macbook air 2018 review that macos has no window snapping. like seriously?

It DuSnT wUrK liEk WiNdOwS sO iTs NoT tHeRe. MeK sUx.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

It DuSnT wUrK liEk WiNdOwS sO iTs NoT tHeRe. MeK sUx.

exactly.

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

exactly.

It took way too long to type that, but my point made it across :D

Ever since I got my 2018 Mac Mini I will say I'm starting to love macOS more and more. The only minor annoyance is the mouse acceleration, but that's not a big deal and it can be disabled with some tweaking.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Just now, NelizMastr said:

It took way too long to type that, but my point made it across :D

Ever since I got my 2018 Mac Mini I will say I'm starting to love macOS more and more. The only minor annoyance is the mouse acceleration, but that's not a big deal and it can be disabled with some tweaking.

macOS has a lot of hidden potential...you'll discover it if you use the OS longer than a week, which LTT doesn't do.

She/Her

Just now, James Evens said:

typo: they meant windows snapping ?

To be honest i was frustrated today trying some new notebooks: more and more keyboards feel like the butterfly bs. They should start copying the good points about apple products not the bad ones.

yea i hate the butterfly one's too. i have an old school Mac so that's not an issue for me. i would never buy the 2016+ MBP though...

She/Her

2 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

Well its not hating on it if a person has to Google a feature just to know how to use it. MacOS is supposed to be more user friendly than Windows lol.

And Linus' channel is aimed at enthusiasts and PC users, if you want to watch someone praising anything Apple does there's a ton of channels that only look at Apple stuff while bashing on PC's and Android.

@Blademaster91 i consider it hating because that was their biggest complaint. they didn't think to hold the green button down for 2 seconds.

my guess they were like THAT'S A FLAW WRITE IT DOWN!!!! becuase hating on Apple gives them views.

also Apple can't do the same thing Windows does. they will get sued if they do.

She/Her

6 hours ago, Ryanwake said:

What's he so afraid of them saying no, or the fact that the more stuff he asks for the less that they're going to say yes?

Linus says he dreads asking for a replacement CPU.

Of course this would have to be if he doesn't ask for a replacement CPU anyway.

But if he doesn't want to ask them, I want to see how he would react to getting what he doesn't want ask for.

As I understand it, LTT has been favorable to AMD for their Ryzen stuff and given Intel a fair bit of grief over their high cost/branding/lack of features compared to certain AMD counterparts/etc. He's not in Intel's Good Graces right now or possibly something specific he said has them less than pleased with him. The big manufacturers tend to only give free stuff to the channels that sing their praises. Before Ryzen, LTT sang Intel's praises because AMD really wasn't a viable option for much more than making a space heater at the time. Now that their's legitimate competition and reasonable criticism against Intel, they're not as happy.

2 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

@Blademaster91 i consider it hating because that was their biggest complaint. they didn't think to hold the green button down for 2 seconds.

my guess they were like THAT'S A FLAW WRITE IT DOWN!!!! becuase hating on Apple gives them views.

also Apple can't do the same thing Windows does. they will get sued if they do.

Holding down the green button isn't as easy as dragging the window to the edge of the screen, so I can see why LTT would count it as a flaw, not because some jump to conclusions that Linus points out possible negatives to MacOS over Windows as negative hate.

And many channels use clickbait titles,clickbait thumbnails, and aren't using the standard aspect ratio for videos so its funny that everyone whines that Linus does the same.

Just now, Blademaster91 said:

Holding down the green button isn't as easy as dragging the window to the edge of the screen, so I can see why LTT would count it as a flaw, not because some jump to conclusions that Linus points out possible negatives to MacOS over Windows as negative hate.

LTT claimend that window snapping wasn't a thing on macOS at all, which is just a false claim. 

if they said that it wasn't as intuitive as Windows's implementation i would be like that's fair critisism. but they didn't say that. 

She/Her

Wow, that topic sidetracked HARD. The video (or the OP question) is in no way, shape or form linked to Apple or MacOS. 

10 hours ago, AJJaxNet said:

Wow, that topic sidetracked HARD. The video (or the OP question) is in no way, shape or form linked to Apple or MacOS. 

Welcome to the forum :P

On 1/25/2019 at 6:11 PM, Dat Linus Boi said:

who would want t talk to intel?

Linus has already spoken about this particular misconception. Intel is not some kind of one big entity to which you just talk. These are people, many people and some of them are genuinely cool guys to talk to and hang around. And some are not. The way I understand it, Linus has just fine contact with some people from Intel and not so friendly with others.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Are you talking about this video?

Spoiler

If so, then he mentioned that he's "not in good terms" with a particular team in Intel.

On 1/25/2019 at 9:32 AM, firelighter487 said:

macOS has a lot of hidden potential

Why it gotta be hidden doe? Why can't it just have "potential" without some scavenger hunt bullshit xD

4 hours ago, imreloadin said:

Why it gotta be hidden doe? Why can't it just have "potential" without some scavenger hunt bullshit xD

because it's not obvious. once you actually ue the OS you'll see it. like wanna do a screen recording? jut open quicktime player, select new screen recording and go. you can even drag a box around what you want to record. on Windows you have to install OBS or something similar first. 

She/Her

@Lathlaer while this is true, the main people your gonna be talking to for a sponsorship are the businessmen typically the people who are only worried about money, while this isn't a bad thing (that is their job) they're not always the people you would want to talk to. Also you have to talk to the REPRESENTATIVES of Intel which is what I mean in saying "Who would want to talk to Intel?" when i say "Intel" i mean the representatives and the businessmen, not just the general people who work there. im sure there are people who work there that aren't pricks however the people that you have to talk to for a sponsorship are people who the #1 priority is money, not the success of the person they are sponsoring.

(Insert edgy teen quote here)