Can I run this game?

Mike171

Is it possible for my gaming rig to run wolfenstein the new order? The game will take a day to download and install. 

Minimum requirements

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66GHz / AMD Phenom II X2 545
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 5550 1024MB or NVIDIA GeForce GT 430
  • VRAM: 512MB
  • System Memory: 3 GB RAM
  • Storage: 50 GB Hard drive space
  • DirectX 11 Compatible Graphics Card

IF it runs, It is probably not going to be great on your dual core AMD cpu and outdated graphics card.

The GT 430 will run it at sub 30 fps on 720p medium. Barely playable, but not an enjoyable experience (I am not an fps snob, but I think a stable 40-60fps is needed at least to play a first person shooter).

EDIT: I used this as a source by the way:

EDIT2: Oh, I confused the minimum specs with your specs... Considering how minimum specs run; keep in mind anything below that will run even more terrible.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You should probably be a little more specific with your PC specs. There are tons of "dual core AMD processors" and "512 vram" graphics cards.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, Minibois said:

The GT 430 will run it at sub 30 fps on 720p medium. Barely playable, but not an enjoyable experience (I am not an fps snob, but I think a stable 40-60fps is needed at least to play a first person shooter).

EDIT: I used this as a source by the way:

The graphics looks astounding just by looking at the first 2 minutes of game play. I cannot believe how far the video games industry especially on pc has advanced in the past decade compared to my first fps game Wolfenstein 3d. I cannot wait to do some testing tomorrow if and only if the game don't crash instantaneously. Maybe disabling anti aliasing might push the game towards 60 fps. 

Just now, Mike171 said:

The graphics looks astounding just by looking at the first 2 minutes of game play. I cannot believe how far the video games industry especially on pc has advanced in the past decade compared to my first fps game Wolfenstein 3d. I cannot wait to do some testing tomorrow if and only if the game don't crash instantaneously. Maybe disabling anti aliasing might push the game towards 60 fps. 

Otherwise, on Steam you have a return period you can use too (I believe you can return the game if you bought it under 2 days ago and played it less than 2 hours).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

Otherwise, on Steam you have a return period you can use too (I believe you can return the game if you bought it under 2 days ago and played it less than 2 hours).

I don't think I can return it because I bought the physical copy of the game from my local gamestop (eb games).

29 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

You should probably be a little more specific with your PC specs. There are tons of "dual core AMD processors" and "512 vram" graphics cards.

What is it like to game on Titan xp? Is it really necessary to have a refresh rate higher than 24 fps?I am new to modern pc gaming.

9 minutes ago, Mike171 said:

What is it like to game on Titan xp? Is it really necessary to have a refresh rate higher than 24 fps?I am new to modern pc gaming.

144 fps is utterly beautiful, I can never go back.

Of course, I had humble beginnings as well, and a modest PC is something to appreciate.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

144 fps is utterly beautiful, I can never go back.

With Tensorflow, I heard that it is possible to use cloud gpu cluster for parallel computation in deep learning. Is it also viable in the domain of pc gaming? For example: 

2 minutes ago, Mike171 said:

With Tensorflow, I heard that it is possible to use cloud gpu cluster for parallel computation in deep learning. Is it also viable in the domain of pc gaming? For example: 

Yeah cloud gaming is becoming more useful for consumers. However I don't know if you'd have access to it, you seem to be in China given your other topics.

Primary PC:

16 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Yeah cloud gaming is becoming more useful for consumers. However I don't know if you'd have access to it, you seem to be in China given your other topics.

You are right. I buy all of my pc parts off Taobao and Aliexpress. I bought this pc cooler for $1.5 usd shipped in China. But it is still cheaper to buy graphics card in the United States.

image.png.22e9bbda26f2c642f51357e238419f1a.png