Can Linus make a review of Redmi Note7?

Last week, Lei Jun, the CEO of Xiaomi announced the new individual brand of Xiaomi, In fact, it is just a separate opening of the Redmi department as a new brand. On that day, it also announced a new smartphone which focuses on Cheap and cost-effective mobile phone。It names Redmi Note7, it has Quantum Snapdragon 660 Processor, and 4000mAh battery life, USB-Type C, AND A HEADPHONE Jack, Support fast charging, Infrared remote control,At the same time, it also has Corning's fifth-generation gorilla glass.Rear 48 million + 5 million AI dual camera,1.6μm large pixel (four in one)*,PDAF phase focusing,F/1.8 aperture lens,All of them just started at 999RMB, which is 148 USD. It’s too worth it. And I hope linus can give us a review about it ☺

here's the website

https://www.mi.com/redminote7/specs/

one it's mostly available in India and China and parts of Asia, so unless it's groundbreaking it's unlikely that he'll cover it, two fuck xiaomi phones, i paid for the phones, why am i getting ads served and even a file manager and the default music player? thier phones are definition of freeware/bloatware, if he covers it, it's probably gonna be negative.

i urge people to stay off xiaomi and Hawaii phones entirely 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

He's probably not going to see. There's a chance they might end up reviewing the phone, though.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Just now, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

one it's mostly available in India and China and parts of Asia, so unless it's groundbreaking it's unlikely that he'll cover it, two fuck xiaomi phones, i paid for the phones, why am i getting ads served and even a file manager and the default music player? thier phones are definition of freeware/bloatware, if he covers it, it's probably gonna be negative.

holy opinion

I don't hate my  Huawei not hawaii phone. It's actually quite a good phone for the price.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

On 1/14/2019 at 9:37 PM, mxk. said:

holy opinion

I don't hate my  Huawei not hawaii phone. It's actually quite a good phone for the price.

opinions and facts are two different things 

On 1/12/2019 at 11:59 PM, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:
-snip-

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

148 usd?????? Quality is almost always poor on budget phones but perhaps it is better than the samsung j9 or whatever it is they sell at Walmart.

This is better off posted in the thread pinned at the top of General Discussion for video suggestions:

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

14 minutes ago, JammyCreedog said:

148 usd?????? Quality is almost always poor on budget phones but perhaps it is better than the samsung j9 or whatever it is they sell at Walmart.

plus it's covered in ads and a lot of bloatware you can't remove. i personaly have Redmi Note 4 and redmi 4A, i regret making the purchase as the ads started 6 months later. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

34 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Huawei is good, the fuck you are talking about mate. I don't know about Xiaomi phones though, but Huawei Mate 9 and 10 are good deal on Amazon US. I am tired of Samsung phone because slow support and security update.

10 minutes ago, Subway said:

Huawei is good, the fuck you are talking about mate. I don't know about Xiaomi phones though, but Huawei Mate 9 and 10 are good deal on Amazon US. I am tired of Samsung phone because slow support and security update.

scroll up 4 comments. slow yes but better security than Huawei. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

2 hours ago, Miles_Morales said:

And I hope linus can give us a review about it

I hope he doesnt make a silly face and clickbait title, but it would be good to see what he comes up with I guess *shrugs*

4 hours ago, JammyCreedog said:

Well, the quality is not bad according from my friends, and....the MIUI I think it's not bad as they said......

8 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Probably why Xiaomi phones are so much cheaper than others while delivering great specs.

29 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

But the phones had an option to disable ads, am I wrong? I don't own a Xiaomi so I can't really tell, IIRC there was an option on Settings

Reveal hidden contents

Well, you'll have a good time finding the option in that mess people call "Settings"

if enable by default most of them won't disable it, sending ads on a phone you paid for and sending data to chinese servers for farming data both are enough reasons to not recommend the phione to anyone, you wouldn't tolerate if apple or samsung did this why cherry pick now? 

ps it's not one click stop ads, there's a bunch of things you need to do and even then you still end up getting ads on some apps 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Is that a common thing with extra ads and stuff in certain countries? I have friends with Huawei's and Xiaomi's and they do not have that stuff.

Maybe I am just luck but I have a redmi note 4 pro . A mi note 2 and a mi mix 2s.  And have not experienced a single ad on any of them .    

If you say they started six months into ownership then shuely this is most likely a virus / malwale no? .

Are you guys buying the official global version or the discounted domestic versions . All mine are global version if that makes a difference . 

I just find it really strange .  Redmi is huge in the bargain hunters area in the UK . just look on hduk and every other cheap phone deal is a redmi and most people are really happy with them .  

Maybe this is something new they just started doing , I hope not ?

On 1/14/2019 at 8:32 PM, Miles_Morales said:

Can Linus make a review of Redmi Note7?

Only if the profit margins are good enough or if the schedule needs more filler video's or what have you. I am sure he has lots of algorithms piled up on his servers.