Feedback wanted on potential gaming build upgrade

DoubleRed

5 bullet point list suggested in the sticky:

Spoiler

1. Budget & Location: 200$ (flexible) and United States

2. Aim: 60 fps 1080p AAA gaming at medium-high settings

3. Monitors: 1 @ 1920x1080, no upgrade planned

4. Peripherals: None needed, though I may need a new windows licence if I upgrade the mobo or hard drive.

5. Why are you upgrading? PC does not meet the current aim for some games such as Hitman 2.

Hello. I am looking for input on my current pc builds performance and whether or not I should upgrade some parts of it. I want to be able to play modern AAA games on medium to high settings at a stable 60 fps 1080p single monitor, but my current build struggles to obtain 60 fps with certain games even at low settings (usually games with large open worlds such as Assassin's Creed Odyssey, ARMA 3, and Hitman 2) and I'm concerned about my ability to run upcoming titles such as Devil May Cry 5. 

My current build is:

Windows 10 64 bit home edition

ASRock z77 extreme4 (BIOS updated to 2.90)

Intel i5-3550 with ZALMAN CNPS8900 cooler

Ballistix Sport 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1600

MSI Radeon RX 580 8G V1 8GB (driver version updated to 19.1.1)

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 ST1000DM005/HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB

SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W

I'm under the impression that my processor may be the bottleneck here (especially in the case of Hitman 2, where it fails to meet the minimum requirements), but I'm not sure if it's related to something else. I followed the basic suggestions for troubleshooting recommended by the forum, and reinstalled Windows and updated the BIOS. This helped performance noticeably (roughly +10 fps across a number of different games), but it still fails to meet the 60 fps target in some cases. My question is, where do I go from here? Is there a potential system problem and I should keep troubleshooting? Or should I look at upgrading my processor to something oc-able like a second hand i5-3570k? Do I just need to bite the bullet and upgrade my ram/mobo/processor? Or is there another potential issue I'm missing completely? I can provide further information if required/wanted.

That GPU should play games 60fps at the highest setting. If you struggled at low settings i think the CPU is bottlenecking.

And a ssd is missing in your system, you should consider buying one.

Get a i7 at least, taking another i5 won't boost the performance.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 hours ago, DoubleRed said:

5 bullet point list suggested in the sticky:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Budget & Location: 200$ (flexible) and United States

2. Aim: 60 fps 1080p AAA gaming at medium-high settings

3. Monitors: 1 @ 1920x1080, no upgrade planned

4. Peripherals: None needed, though I may need a new windows licence if I upgrade the mobo or hard drive.

5. Why are you upgrading? PC does not meet the current aim for some games such as Hitman 2.

Hello. I am looking for input on my current pc builds performance and whether or not I should upgrade some parts of it. I want to be able to play modern AAA games on medium to high settings at a stable 60 fps 1080p single monitor, but my current build struggles to obtain 60 fps with certain games even at low settings (usually games with large open worlds such as Assassin's Creed Odyssey, ARMA 3, and Hitman 2) and I'm concerned about my ability to run upcoming titles such as Devil May Cry 5. 

My current build is:

Windows 10 64 bit home edition

ASRock z77 extreme4 (BIOS updated to 2.90)

Intel i5-3550 with ZALMAN CNPS8900 cooler

Ballistix Sport 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1600

MSI Radeon RX 580 8G V1 8GB (driver version updated to 19.1.1)

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 ST1000DM005/HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB

SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W

I'm under the impression that my processor may be the bottleneck here (especially in the case of Hitman 2, where it fails to meet the minimum requirements), but I'm not sure if it's related to something else. I followed the basic suggestions for troubleshooting recommended by the forum, and reinstalled Windows and updated the BIOS. This helped performance noticeably (roughly +10 fps across a number of different games), but it still fails to meet the 60 fps target in some cases. My question is, where do I go from here? Is there a potential system problem and I should keep troubleshooting? Or should I look at upgrading my processor to something oc-able like a second hand i5-3570k? Do I just need to bite the bullet and upgrade my ram/mobo/processor? Or is there another potential issue I'm missing completely? I can provide further information if required/wanted.

Ugrade to something like an i7 3770k and get an ssd

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W