Micro windmills can power up your mobile phones

micro windmills has been developed by the researchers at the university of Texas Arlington. which could charge your mobile phones in seconds and these micro windmills are so small that 10 can be put on a grain of rice.

Source savvymantra

Nanotechnology_micro_windmill.jpg

I call BS. There's so little surface area for any wind to even turn that thing. Just use a $15 2,600mah solar charger like the one I have. (I also have the Powercastle 26,000mah which has tons more life.)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

I call BS. There's so little surface area for any wind to even turn that thing. Just use a $15 2,600mah solar charger like the one I have. (I also have the Powercastle 26,000mah which has tons more life.)

if your mobile is in your hand and you are walking while moving your hands the wind which will touch the wings will make it move and produce electricity and that is why they have developed it for. 

if your mobile is in your hand and you are walking while moving your hands the wind which will touch the wings will make it move and produce electricity and that is why they have developed it for. 

Do you really believe this?

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Do you really believe this?

may be other ways could be there which allow those micro windmills to move but this one will also work and i believe it.

may be other ways could be there which allow those micro windmills to move but this one will also work and i believe it.

If it did work, it would take like 10 hours of wind to generate 1% battery life. IT'S NOT REAL.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

If it did work, it would take like 10 hours of wind to generate 1% battery life. IT'S NOT REAL.

read the article and see in the conclusion section. you can store the electricity in the super-capacitor and then let the capacitor release electricity to the battery as super capacitor is capable of holding charge so it will not take much time for this small windmills to charge that thing and even if it will not work there is nothing wrong in trying new stuff because this is the only thing which leads to invention.

It is real, just not in the application that is being said

read the article and see in the conclusion section. you can store the electricity in the super-capacitor and then let the capacitor release electricity to the battery as super capacitor is capable of holding charge so it will not take much time for this small windmills to charge that thing and even if it will not work there is nothing wrong in trying new stuff because this is the only thing which leads to invention.

I read the article, and the "conclusion" is more of a concept by the writer of the secondary article (the main portion was written via verge http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/12/5301008/uta-researchers-develop-micro-windmills-recharge-your-cell-phones)...skeptism is probably coming from the fact you stated it could charge your phone in seconds, when in reality it cannot do that....you are effectively sensationalizing the effects of the windmill

While this might have practical applications (like they said, along a building's wall), the reality is this product is a low power creating device...and there is an easy way to show that.  Take a battery powered fan (one that takes a single AA battery).  The AA battery will last quite some time and generate a fair amount of wind.  All this wind if blown on a these micro windmills will only be able to produce at most what an AA battery is currently outputting (and this assumes 100% efficiency).  So while on a large scale (like a building) this might be able to generate enough power to become practical, this technology isn't headed for the mobile phone sector.

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101