Washer and oven - question

worry
20 hours ago, worry said:

Dont count circuit overload.

You said the breaker doesn't trip with a light load in the washer, but does with a heavier load, so you probably are overloading the circuit.

10 hours ago, worry said:

So what is the best for pc if a breaker trip for example,surge protector or ups?

Surge protectors protect against power surges such as lightning strikes, i.e. not a breaker tripping. UPSes are meant to survive short power outages to enable the system a graceful shutdown or to provide cleaner electricity, i.e. not to continue gaming afer a breaker trips.

So, what's the best? Finding out what is wrong with either your washer, oven or wiring and fixing it. First you say a fuse blows, then it changes to the main fuse blowing and shortly after again you say the RCD tripped. Which one is it? They are not the same things and have different causes for tripping. Don't say it's fine because that's how "it's supposed to be". It's supposed to protect you from burning your house down or electrocuting yourself, it's not supposed to trip under normal circumstances. Be glad your fuses are working.

So like others have told you

7 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

get a licensed electrician to take a look at what is going on

or replace the machine.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. If washer trip breaker( RCD ) and there will be not power in house this is the same technically like oven when trip RCD due to burned bulb inside oven + damaged fuse in 1 floor staircase in building.

Oven rcd tripped + something damaged ( FUSE ? ) in staircase,when after washer only rcd tripped,thats all. This is the same?

Just ask. Dont count circuit overload.  I ask about technically just.

Nothing happened,just asking for get knownledge. I know oven,or washer should be on own separate circuit but just question.

Nuisance tripping of an RCD can be caused by inrush current, so an electric motor starting up could be the cause.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

dude this is the third time you posted about this...and every time we told you ...YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR ELECTRICAL PANEL LOOK AT BY A ELECTRICIAN...what part of that do you not understand

the main should never pop before the smaller breakers EVER unless something is wrong

even if a motor overloaded a breaker a small one will pop first.....

and if a breaker/fuse got damaged from an item again not good....you seriously need to have your electrical looked at...its can end  as a fire waiting to happen...just to may things happening and not good......im not trying to be mean or anything but its not something to just shrug your shoulders over....get it looked at soon

main tripped because washer its not on separate circuit !!! RCD do its its job. Dont tell me if you dont have knowledge..

what breaker small one if washer its not on own circuit!

Just read on all over internet...............RCD and washers...many peoples get the issue..and never heard that small b reak before RCD man 1\

ive never seen a washer not on a dedicated washer and dryer circuit before O_o i am pretty sure its against some fire codes or something to have anything  on the mains circuit other then breakers going to other circuits. i think the circuit needs to be at least 20 amps, maybe 30.

main tripped because washer its not on separate circuit !!! RCD do its its job. Dont tell me if you dont have knowledge..

what breaker small one if washer its not on own circuit!

Just read on all over internet...............RCD and washers...many peoples get the issue..and never heard that small b reak before RCD man 1\

i have knowledge ive been working on house electrical for 25 damn years...BE IT A STOVE..DRIER..OR AC... they have their own breaker BEFORE the main.....period....everything in the damn house has a smaller breaker before the main. be it 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, or 50 amp......you electrical box IS WIRED WRONG if the main is popping even a rcd (ground fault breaker).....GET IT FIXED

11 minutes ago, circeseye said:

i have knowledge ive been working on house electrical for 25 damn years...BE IT A STOVE..DRIER..OR AC... they have their own breaker BEFORE the main.....period....everything in the damn house has a smaller breaker before the main. be it 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, or 50 amp......you electrical box IS WIRED WRONG if the main is popping even a rcd (ground fault breaker).....GET IT FIXED

If the washer is somehow wired into the main circuit? Damn... that's really dangerous, is it not?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

If the washer is somehow wired into the main circuit? Damn... that's really dangerous, is it not?

yes...especially if its popping that one

you have to understand the main is min 100amp per leg breaker.....regular house wiring even for 220 you dont really want that kind of load on it...most 220 appliances have at most a 50 amp per wire breaker (with the right wiring) but majority use a dual 40amp or a 30 amp......lights and plugs are usually 15 amps..you see where this is going? you popping a 100amp min breaker..thats whats bad here and why i keep saying it needs looked at

11 minutes ago, circeseye said:

you have to understand the main is min 100amp per leg breaker.....regular house wiring even for 220 you dont really want that kind of load on it...most 220 appliances have at most a 50 amp per wire breaker (with the right wiring) but majority use a dual 40amp or a 30 amp......lights and plugs are usually 15 amps..you see where this is going? you popping a 100amp min breaker..thats whats bad here and why i keep saying it needs looked at

For sure - let's say somehow the washer is pushing 100 amps to trip the main breaker - the wiring could melt and catch on fire. 12-gauge wire is rated for 1/5th the amps of a main circuit breaker (assuming 20 Amp 120V for the washer, 100 Amps for the main - international may differ).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

42 minutes ago, circeseye said:

yes...especially if its popping that one

19 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

For sure - let's say somehow the washer is pushing 100 amps to trip the main breaker - the wiring could melt and catch on fire. 12-gauge wire is rated for 1/5th the amps of a main circuit breaker (assuming 20 Amp 120V for the washer, 100 Amps for the main - international may differ).

That's some dirty laundry if you need a 12 kW washer ._. (going by 120V/100A)

Sorry, but you seem to be the least knowledgable of everyone here, and at this point I no longer believe you are "just asking"... Repeating others, the main fuse should never blow. Secondly the main fuse is not the same as the RCD, get it straight which one is tripping. Tripping either one is an indicator of a potentially (probably?) dangerous situation, especially if they trip consistently. You are throwing terms around, so answer this clearlywhat is tripping exactly the RCD or the main fuse?

• Breakers stop you from burning down your house, by not allowing you to burn your wiring to a crisp by drawing too much current.
  • RCDs stop you electrocuting yourself, by detecting a leakage in current, and hence trip extremely quickly.

Yes washers and dryers can/will trip a breaker if used in tandem or with other appliances, because they are high power applicances, that is why they should be on a dedicated or "unused" circuit. If they are not in your case, put them on one or contact an electrician to see what can be done about it.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 hours ago, circeseye said:

A STOVE..DRIER..OR AC... they have their own breaker BEFORE the main.....period....everything in the damn house has a smaller breaker before the main. be it 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, or 50 amp......

where's that?

got nothing in my place just a main with two fuses, it has never tripped tho

sounds like someone in OP's house did something with the wiring, maybe to get power from a different box

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

27 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

where's that?

sounds like someone in OP's house did something with the wiring, maybe to get power from a different box

what? do you only have two rooms? usually from what i have seen every room gets a breaker or a fuse (fuses are old but i have seen them still in use) sometimes a room can have 2 or 3 dedicated circuits depending on how many lights, and outlets.

I am just going by what i have seen in canadian houses and buildings, i dunno how other countries do it.

1 hour ago, aezakmi said:

where's that?

im guessing your house is really old.......bet theres even aluminum wiring in it

Homeowners are legally allowed to work on their own home, including the electric panel. You must pull permits if that is required. Do not risk it, just hire a $100/hr + home call fee electrician to come to your home.