Washer and oven - question

worry

When my washing machine (7 year old ) was running yesterday it blew the fuse and no power in home. We reset the trip and the same happened twice more (took me a ittle while to realise it was the washing machine!). The socket is OK, and I presume the fuse in the plug must still be OK as the machine worked for a a couple of seconds before the fuse went again. 

It was not happening never before,which is very weird only yesterday. But my mother put inside a lot of clothes yesterday.

Ah and circuit overload doesnt matter,because actually i have only tv and laptop running,like always;)

Today we run again washer,but this time she put less clothes than yesterday...and no fuses are not tripping and power is on still.

Any ideas?

It's always best to open things up, just the case and look for obvious things, like water leakages, damaged wires, oxidation on circuitry etc. Sometimes great problems come from tiny things like that.

I said today its fine. :) Only thing is that ,there are less clothes putted in washer.

2 things come to mind.....motor going bad, so takes more power to spin....or fuse/breaker is week and needs replaced

as for the motor the brushes or bearings do go out after a while. on another thought the tub bearing could be bad also and putting to much load on the motor also
and fuse/breakers do weaken over time and cant take the load any more so end up popping easier.

I'm with @circeseye on that one. Either the motor growing old, especially when you say it didn't blow the fuse with fewer clothes in it (hence require less energy to spin) or just the breaker/fuse that needs replacing (even more so if it's an old electrical panel)

If you have an energy/power meter(like this thing) I'd suggest hooking it up to the washing machine and see how much power it's drawing. Your typical 15A breaker can take up to 1800W before popping but is recommended to not go above 1500W continuous.

A washing machine should be taking between 400W and 1300W depending on the model and the load, if the breaker pops long before reaching that 1300W threshold, it might just be the breaker that's bad.

If it exceed that load, it's likely the washing machine that's bad.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

But we put today less clothes like always......and...no breaker trip,power on.

+ oven ( oven taking similiar V ) is on and no issues too. 

Hi. Oven or washer? Which is heavier for electricity and fuse,breakers. Amps or V. 

21 minutes ago, worry said:

But we put today less clothes like always......and...no breaker trip,power on.

+ oven ( oven taking similiar V ) is on and no issues too. 

ok lets back up a second...are you talking about the MAIN breaker is what is popping or one of the smaller ones after it?.......

ok something isnt right here....the smaller ones should pop WAY before the main ever does. IF you feel comfortable doing it..the breaker for the washing machine needs to be checked..look for burned or melted around the wire areas and see if you can even turn the breaker for it off...because it sounds like to me the breaker is bad and stuck so when the washer is overloaded its just bypassing its breaker and popping the main.....
otherwise you need this looked at...the main should never pop before the little ones unless theres a problem

oh and fyi if the main is what is bad..DO NOT REPLACE IT YOURSELF.....unless you REALY know what your doing...usually the power company has to come out and pull your tub so you can replace it

nothing burned,melted man. Just main breaker pop down when it happens. Thats all.

Today we run washer with less clothes and its fine.

If breaker is bad why it not popping when running kitchen oven,tv etc? That was happened only with washer running after moment.

1 minute ago, worry said:

nothing burned,melted man. Just main breaker pop down when it happens. Thats all.

Today we run washer with less clothes and its fine.

ok but again the main should never pop before the smaller breakers unless theres an issue.....keep an eye on it, if the main still pops at times please have your electrical panel looked at.

15 hours ago, worry said:

Any ideas?

The load was too heavy, pulled too many amps from the wall and the circuit breaker tripped when that happens its just one cct breaker to turn back on, but you said the main panel lost power too, so the wiring of the washer and dryer is wrong. Someone did a hack job and never got permits for the work done.

19 minutes ago, worry said:

what you mean hack job?

It means you should call a certified electrician to have a look at your electrical panel/wiring of the washing machine's outlet, to make sure it's not a fire hazard.
Because the main should NOT be popping before the smaller breaker.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

8 hours ago, worry said:

what you mean hack job?

Agreed with @TetraSky. You need to call an electrician and have them inspect the following things:

1. The outlet that the Washer uses

2. The wiring

3. The main circuit panel/breaker

Something is wrong. Especially if the Main Breaker is tripping, and not the specific breaker that the washer is on.

FYI, the washer should ideally be on it's own circuit, though this isn't always the case.

So - the answer to your question is call an Electrician. Unless you want to risk the lives of yourself and your family, since an electrical fire can burn a house down far faster than a normal fire.

8 hours ago, TetraSky said:

It means you should call a certified electrician to have a look at your electrical panel/wiring of the washing machine's outlet, to make sure it's not a fire hazard.
Because the main should NOT be popping before the smaller breaker.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Because you are not electrician :) It trip rcd for safety,its suppose to be :)

But yeah washer should be on its own circuit i agree like oven etc :)

But like i said it trip because i dont know ( overload or some element was dirty or wet ) because after cleaning etc its fine.

Breaker its fine :) Because.........<read above > :)

Hi. If washer trip main breaker ( RCD ) and there will be not power in house this is the same technically like oven when trip RCD?

Just ask. Dont count circuit overload.  I ask about technically just.

yes

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Tripping a breaker is tripping a breaker; whether it's a washer, oven or something else. Something's leaking current however, so better get that washing machine or oven checked out if it's causing the RCD to trip. The device should not be considered safe for use.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

So what is the best for pc if a breaker trip for example,surge protector or ups?

3 hours ago, worry said:

So what is the best for pc if a breaker trip for example,surge protector or ups?

Neither.

I'm not trying to be a smart aleck or insulting but from what you have been posting, you don't know enough about residential wiring and appliances to be trying to troubleshoot or fix this issue. Doing so could get you killed or burn your house down. Even though it will cost you money, quit using the circuit (and turn off the breaker) and the affected appliances until you can get a licensed electrician to take a look at what is going on. It will save you money in the long run and may even save your home or your life!

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!