Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Advice for a strong streaming Pc

Lonogos
 Share

One of my friends would like to build a computer for streaming. He asked me if i could pick parts that would suffice his needs. His old computer had:

Gpu:Gtx980

Cpu: Intel i7 i5820k

Ram: 16gb Crucial 2133mhz

He said he has alot of streaming issues were fps drop while streaming also he doesnt like the quality of his streams either. He streams most-likely Overwatch and plays with a 240hz Monitor. He demanded a machine that could run Overwatch with about 300fps never dropping below 240 while streaming 1080p/60hz.

 

My Suggestions were a 

Gpu: Rtx 2080ti

Ram: some 3200mhz 16gb

But for the cpu i didnt know which one to pick and we dont think a i7 8700k would suffice.

I would like to take something like the AMD threadripper wx2990 but i dont know if it could keep up with those high framerates. Alternative would be an Intel Core i9 7940X. Prices of both are high but he wanted something very powerful for streaming without losing any fps ingame .

So what do you guys think what kind of hardware i should put in this computer.

Budget is around 4k€

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryzen 7 baby, new ones launching in less than a couple months.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he encoding on CPU? That could be his problem.

Before you dump money onto a new PC, you might want to seek advice about his OBS settings.

Quote

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Lonogos said:

One of my friends would like to build a computer for streaming. He asked me if i could pick parts that would suffice his needs. His old computer had:

Gpu:Gtx980

Cpu: Intel i7 i5820k

Ram: 16gb Crucial 2133mhz

He said he has alot of streaming issues were fps drop while streaming also he doesnt like the quality of his streams either. He streams most-likely Overwatch and plays with a 240hz Monitor. He demanded a machine that could run Overwatch with about 300fps never dropping below 240 while streaming 1080p/60hz.

 

My Suggestions were a 

Gpu: Rtx 2080ti

Ram: some 3200mhz 16gb

But for the cpu i didnt know which one to pick and we dont think a i7 8700k would suffice.

I would like to take something like the AMD threadripper wx2990 but i dont know if it could keep up with those high framerates. Alternative would be an Intel Core i9 7940X. Prices of both are high but he wanted something very powerful for streaming without losing any fps ingame .

So what do you guys think what kind of hardware i should put in this computer.

Budget is around 4k€

threadripper and i9 are utter stupid and a huge money pit, those cpus perform worse than a 9900K in gaming

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

threadripper and i9 are utter stupid and a huge money pit, those cpus perform worse than a 9900K in gaming

as the owner of a Threadripper CPU i can highly agree with this! these are workstation chips, they are not meant for gaming/streaming and will get worse results than something like a 9900K.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Lonogos said:

He has monitors. He plays at 240hz and i dont think that machine could run overwatch above 300fps while streaming 1080p/60hz

if you are the jack of all threads,

 

he can get a 9700K/9900K for high refresh rate gaming

 

that's a pretty solid cpu for streamming as well, but if he thinks it's just not enough, then a separate machine with a ryzen 7 would kill it, as that PC would only handle the encoding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

if you are the jack of all threads,

 

he can get a 9700K/9900K for high refresh rate gaming

 

that's a pretty solid cpu for streamming as well, but if he thinks it's just not enough, then a separate machine with a ryzen 7 would kill it, as that PC would only handle the encoding

that sounds like a good idea 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lonogos said:

that sounds like a good idea 

X299 costs a ton anyway,

 

that's the only way I can think of he gets the best of both worlds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, 17030644 said:

X299 costs a ton anyway,

 

that's the only way I can think of he gets the best of both worlds.

what about a capture card with the new pc?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Lonogos said:

what about a capture card with the new pc?

ok yea, that can also work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lonogos said:

He has monitors. He plays at 240hz and i dont think that machine could run overwatch above 300fps while streaming 1080p/60hz

He needs a second pc 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/18/2018 at 12:32 PM, Lonogos said:

does/can a capture card replace a second pc?

no, its a pai nin the ass and does nothing that is needed if your only playing PC Games, look into NDI 2 pc setups, way better quality, and much better gaming experience 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I game and livestream at the same time on my R5 1600 rig. Which is why I asked about his OBS settings in the first place.

More information = better recommendations = smart purchases = ??? = profit.

Quote

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×