Facebook says they're sorry AGAIN, this time for compromising your photos

AlTech

This just has not been their year has it. I wonder how many people they have lost from all of the stupid things that have happened to them this year. I can only see people using Facebook for the messenger capability to keep in touch with others, but at that point you should just get their phone numbers instead.

15 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

Assuming accounts get actually deleted and that Facebook doesn't keep shadow accounts of those that don't use/stopped using facebook

Of course they don't actually delete any of your data, it's much too valuable.

But I 'deleted' it about two years ago and I hardly ever used it before that. So if they want they can have a look at all of my nonexistent pictures, I don't care xD

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

20 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

People still use Facebook?

Weird question. Are you from the same planet as me? :D

Yes people still use it :D including me and 99% of people I know including coworkers, friends, relatives use & etc... I can't think of someone who doesn't have FB nowdays :D

12 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

Of course they don't actually delete any of your data, it's much too valuable.

But I 'deleted' it about two years ago and I hardly ever used it before that. So if they want they can have a look at all of my nonexistent pictures, I don't care xD

as long as other people within our circles keep using Facebook and post pictures with you present in them, your shadow account might not be as outdated as you think

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

as long as other people within our circles keep using Facebook and post pictures with you present in them, your shadow account might not be as outdated as you think

All (three ?) of my friends know that I don't want them to post pictures with me in them on facebook - or any other social media platform for that matter.

But all jokes aside, of course Facebook still collects data on me and so does google (although I try my best to avoid it as well) and every other website I've ever visited. But the least I can do is make it harder for them

So is the rest probably

13 minutes ago, J.b091 said:

Weird question. Are you from the same planet as me? :D

Yes people still use it :D including me and 99% of people I know including coworkers, friends, relatives use & etc... I can't think of someone who doesn't have FB nowdays :D

Last I've checked Facebook was actually loosing users faster than they were getting new ones, at least in Europe. And I know a lot of people who either deleted their account or never created one to begin with

So is the rest probably

56 minutes ago, NeuesTestament said:

Facebook is starting to get really proficient at leaking data.

I think it's like microsoft, the more customers you have for a software, the more vulnerabilities they could discover.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

21 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

has compromised a number of photos

Are those the photo's that are hidden

Why do people post so many photos

The underage children have no say in the matter

1 hour ago, myselfolli said:

All (three ?) of my friends know that I don't want them to post pictures with me in them on facebook - or any other social media platform for that matter.

But all jokes aside, of course Facebook still collects data on me and so does google (although I try my best to avoid it as well) and every other website I've ever visited. But the least I can do is make it harder for them

Respect. Most people are so careless they post it anyway. That's just careless idiocy that never even crosses minds of some people. Even if I had Facebook, I wouldn't want to be uploaded or even tagged by name. Same goes the other way. I never ever post anyone else anywhere unless they explicitly want that.