Overstock.com Made $130,000 In First Day Of Sales Using Bitcoin

qwertywarrior

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/6746/overstock-com-made-usd-130-000-in-first-day-of-sales-using-bitcoin.html

6746-c504e7f5_680_400.jpg

Overstock's CEO must be very pleased after the news was broken to him in the morning. Following his decision to accept payment in Bitcoin and subsequently implementing the same with the help of Coinbase, CEO Patrick Byrne revealed sales statistics for the first day of sales using Bitcoin.

's first full day on
.com was a huge success: 840 orders, 0,000 in sales. Almost all new customers.

— Patrick M. Byrne (@OverstockCEO) January 10, 2014

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

well the CEO has twitter

its where the info came from

ah, ok. why not put it in quotes? :)

nvm.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

ah, ok. why not put it in quotes? :)

nvm.

when i posted it

it was already in quotes but for some reason it didnt stick

so i fixed it after u told be about the hashtag

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Was all that money from sales using bitcoin though? For all we know, only $1,000 of the sales for that day were in BTC.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

Wow that is alot. Guess if you want your business to be successful, add bitcoin as one of your payment methods. :) 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Was all that money from sales using bitcoin though? For all we know, only $1,000 of the sales for that day were in BTC.

If somebody had read the article *cough* ...

At the moment, Overstock rakes in around $3 million in revenue on a daily basis. $130k is still a long way from representing a significant percent of that figure, but day 1 figures are very positive.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Congrats. Setting a standard to all other businesses. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

If somebody had read the article *cough* ...

oops, sorry. I was looking through lots of posts and did not bother to read each article.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

Congratulations for the stunning sales success. For sure, after this "Overstock accepting bitcoin news", lots of huge retailers will follow and try to integrate bitcoin in their payment system.

Bitcoin Daily- Your daily bitcoin news and update