Best looking non shooter game?

Sammael

What games really take advantage of a gpu for visuals that are not shooters. (-90% of everything, I know)

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

A properly modded Skyrim.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Torchlight 2

you're kidding right?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

What games really take advantage of a gpu for visuals that are not shooters. (-90% of everything, I know)

Tomb Raider 2013.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Shooters are generally the more graphically demanding games. Star Citizen will look amazing when it's finished. But there really isn't that much else. Trine 2 looks good.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Skyrim overloaded with a gazillion mods.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Tomb Raider 2013 or Modded Skyrim or Ryse (couldn't choose one lol)

MSI R9 290 Gaming | MSI Z77 MPower Big Bang | XFX Pro 750W Black Edition | i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H100i | GSkill Ripjaw 2x8Gb | NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | OCZ 128 Gb Vertex 4 | Samsung 250Gb 840 EVO | 1&2 Tb Seagate Barracuda | Logitech G510 | Logitech G700 | Logitech G35 | 3 x LG E2442V
-it24-

I must be the only one that absolutely despises what most people call "amazing" Skyrim graphics. 

Updating  the textures and models, etc, is one thing... but there are a lot of really terrible effects added with most of the popular ENB type mods, imo. Like that horrid depth of field that every modder and their uncle seems to put on EVERYTHING.

No sir, I don't like it!

Tomb Raider 2013 or Modded Skyrim or Ryse (couldn't choose one lol)

Is Ryse not an Xbox One exclusive? Also, I think Forza 5 looks a lot better than Ryse...

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Yeah they mean skyrim with new models, textures, lighting, weather, environments, animations, effects, etc etc etc.  Not base skyrim.

I've heard good things about trine 2 if you crank up the settings as well.

I must be the only one that absolutely despises what most people call "amazing" Skyrim graphics. 

Updating  the textures and models, etc, is one thing... but there are a lot of really terrible effects added with most of the popular ENB type mods, imo. Like that horrid depth of field that every modder and their uncle seems to put on EVERYTHING.

No sir, I don't like it!

Is Ryse not an Xbox One exclusive? Also, I think Forza 5 looks a lot better than Ryse...

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Batman Arkham Origins is pretty demanding and it looks great imo, you can find my review of it here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/76751-my-thoughts-on-arkham-origins/

LA Noire maybe? Do you consider stealth games shooters? If not, than Hitman Absolution is pretty good looking, and Splinter Cell Blacklist is not only a good looking game, but it's also amazingly great.

Other than these, The Witcher 2 is always a safe bet.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Project CARS (closed beta) and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag are among the best looking non-shooter current PC games.

No sir, I don't like it!

Yeah, same here. I hate when people call a game like Skyrim good looking even with all the mods. Sure they might put some high res textures and some flashy enb mod but the fact remains that the engine is archaic. The lighting is downright awful, the geometry is even worse, the character movement and interaction with the environment is pretty damn bad. Same thing with GTA IV mods, sure it has that candy look to it, but it's not realistic. 

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

Project CARS (closed beta) and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag are among the best looking non-shooter current PC games.

Yeah, same here. I hate when people call a game like Skyrim good looking even with all the mods. Sure they might put some high res textures and some flashy enb mod but the fact remains that the engine is archaic. The lighting is downright awful, the geometry is even worse, the character movement and interaction with the environment is pretty damn bad. Same thing with GTA IV mods, sure it has that candy look to it, but it's not realistic. 

That's not what I meant.

I like the way Skyrim looks. High res textures, some better models, some mods to squeeze a little more detail in here and there... I like that. Skyrim is not a bad looking game. It's also not realistic. In fact, no games is realistic. That's why Bethesda made Skyrim look the way it does... it has an art direction beyond just "we want better graphics!".

What I'm talking about is mostly the ENB series of mods that so many people drool over. Like in this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCU862nVpJ0

That looks absolutely horrible, in my opinion. The lighting is okay, but everything is blurry and hazy. The depth of field added so that the entire background is blurred when you look at a tree that's 20 feet away is just ridiculous.

And the people have the nerve to call this "realvision"... no. It's not realistic at all. Eyes don't work that way. And if your's do... you need to see an Optometrist.

That last part wasn't specifically aimed at you. Or anyone else, really. I'm just tired of every single "amazing" mod I see including ridiculous depth of field and motion blur and bullshit.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Skyrim or Pac-Man (Atari 2600)

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

Call of Duty 1. (With UO addon)

It both looks amazing and is not a FPS game.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Well, if by shooter you mean mainly shooting, then I think Tomb Raider and Black Flag are amazing, but they do have shooting. Skyrim, Witcher 2 and 3, Trine 2, all are good examples that these guys said. But I think there should be games coming out that look exactly like the benchmarks we have been using, that would be great. Infiltrator, 3dmark Firestrike, that Unreal Engine 4 Elements (I guess that's what it is called) demo, and others look fantastic, but sadly I have yet to see a game with similar quality graphics. I prefer those visuals than Crysis 3 or BF4

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //