Roast MY build

Daddy Dave
22 hours ago, Slottr said:

I'd personally get a different case, but it's up to you. All else looks good imo 

What case sorry I forgotten

21 hours ago, Daddy Dave said:

What case sorry I forgotten

You can read back. I said silent base, he said meshify c

20 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

You can read back. I said silent base, he said meshify c

None of my parts are to loud so I am going to go with the MEshify C

So I have been trying to get a solid PC build for about 3 months now. I started with my budget being 500 then it slowly went up lol. So I think this is the final rough draft of the build.

If I am missing anything please let me now.

If you think I should wait for a part to come out let me know.

Just please if you are going to roast me tell me what I should change and why I should change it. 

I want to be future proof for the next 5 years.  I will be using this for streaming. I play casual games like fortnite and rocket league. I also want this for school work. I might later want to play some more competitive FPS games. 

By the way, if you are interested in my audio here it is 

Mic: SM57

Audio interface: Scarlett 2i2

Headphones: MassDrop Sennheiser Jubilee HD 58X

If you took time out of your day to help me, thank you. :) 

27 minutes ago, Daddy Dave said:

So I have been trying to get a solid PC build for about 3 months now.

We know

28 minutes ago, Daddy Dave said:

want to be future proof for the next 5 years. 

He said the f-word.... SHAME!

Looks fine. $2500 (~$1800 without peripherals/windows) is a lot for only a 2070, but whatever floats your boat. Overall ??

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

You can avoid buying the paste if you want, the Noctua stock paste is pretty good. (Literally only like a degree off of the best (non liquid metal) pastes). 

You can save money on the mobo if you want. Unless you absolutely NEED to features or looks of the more expensive board, you can definitely buy a cheaper board. 

I'm assuming the fans are for the front of the case (since it doesn't come with front fans.)? If so I'd 100% go with 140mm fans. Quieter and move more air. 

Also, 750W is probably a bit much for the build. You can likely get away with 650W just fine, if you can find it cheaper. 

3 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

We know

He said the f-word.... SHAME!

Looks fine. $2500 (~$1800 without peripherals/windows) is a lot for only a 2070, but whatever floats your boat. Overall ??

I got the 2070 for 500 on black friday .

Just now, Daddy Dave said:

I got the 2070 for 500 on black friday .

.......that’s not a deal, you know that right? 2070s have been $500 more or less since release ?

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

1 hour ago, corrado33 said:

You can avoid buying the paste if you want, the Noctua stock paste is pretty good. (Literally only like a degree off of the best (non liquid metal) pastes). 

You can save money on the mobo if you want. Unless you absolutely NEED to features or looks of the more expensive board, you can definitely buy a cheaper board. 

I'm assuming the fans are for the front of the case (since it doesn't come with front fans.)? If so I'd 100% go with 140mm fans. Quieter and move more air. 

Also, 750W is probably a bit much for the build. You can likely get away with 650W just fine, if you can find it cheaper. 

You are right. 

What fans do you recommend? Also, I am getting fans for the sides and I guess if you say so the front lol. 

And BTW I am getting that PSU because I want to upgrade the GPU later so I might need more power 

1 hour ago, Cereal5 said:

.......that’s not a deal, you know that right? 2070s have been $500 more or less since release ?

OOF I got scammed then. So many people said that's a good price for a 2070 

Just now, Daddy Dave said:

You are right. 

What fans do you recommend? Also, I am getting fans for the sides and I guess if you say so the front lol. 

And BTW I am getting that PSU because I want to upgrade the GPU later so I might need more power 

Noctua fans are great. Just find the 140mm one. Honestly I haven't bought a non-noctua fan in a while. It's just nice to know what you're getting, you know?

1 minute ago, Daddy Dave said:

OOF I got scammed then. So many people said that's a good price for a 2070 

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=425&sort=price&page=1

the gigabyte and EVGA cards have been that price for a while.

2 minutes ago, Daddy Dave said:

You are right. 

The stock fans in the case. No need for more unless you’re cooking—cooling multiple GPUs.

[Under Construction]

1 minute ago, corrado33 said:

Noctua fans are great. Just find the 140mm one. Honestly I haven't bought a non-noctua fan in a while. It's just nice to know what you're getting, you know?

No, I do not know. I am a noob.

Can you change it on my build? I couldn't find any Noctua ones with the chromax so you can switch the colors for 140 mm.Also should I get 2 or 3

1 minute ago, Cereal5 said:

The stock fans in the case. No need for more unless you’re cooking—cooling multiple GPUs.

I looked on newegg and it doesn't SEEM like it comes with front fans. Just one back and 1 top.

3 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=425&sort=price&page=1

the gigabyte and EVGA cards have been that price for a while.

But ASUS cards I heard are way better for OC and are overall better quality 

3 minutes ago, Daddy Dave said:

No, I do not know. I am a noob.

Can you change it on my build? I couldn't find any Noctua ones with the chromax so you can switch the colors for 140 mm.Also should I get 2 or 3

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAADY6HZ2209

Is the 140mm version. If you can't find it online when you buy it, Be Quiet also makes good fans, and Corsair makes good fans, and Coolermaster makes good fans. Just check out the amount of air they move and how much noise they make, compare them to the noctua, and buy based on that. 

LOL, should I be a 9-year-old and get RGB. If there is any GOOD RGB ones that are quiet and fit my needs please link them 

i keep forgetting other people dont seem to need any storage. if i paid 2500$ a lot of it would be going towards drive space

6 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

I looked on newegg and it doesn't SEEM like it comes with front fans. Just one back and 1 top.

/shrug buy as many as he wants idc lol just my 2 cents

5 minutes ago, Daddy Dave said:

But ASUS cards I heard are way better for OC and are overall better quality 

EVGA cards are right there with them. Also, Asus has pretty poor customer service. EVGA’s is hands down the best. And we can get into the whole “overclocking a stock BIOS GPU isntnworth much” thing if you want. I guarantee you won’t SEE a difference between 2050 MHz and 2113 MHz.

4 minutes ago, Daddy Dave said:

LOL, should I be a 9-year-old and get RGB. If there is any GOOD RGB ones that are quiet and fit my needs please link them 

Corsair’s ML fans are about as quiet as it gets. No bearings, just magnetic levitation.

[Under Construction]

1 minute ago, emosun said:

i keep forgetting other people dont seem to need any storage. if i paid 2500$ a lot of it would be going towards drive space

I forget that all the time as well ahhaha, this is my computer at the moment 

image.png.7647e8e95c5061551e94160f6fee8efb.png

58 minutes ago, emosun said:

Do you think I need storage? I stream and I am in high school 

56 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

/shrug buy as many as he wants idc lol just my 2 cents

EVGA cards are right there with them. Also, Asus has pretty poor customer service. EVGA’s is hands down the best. And we can get into the whole “overclocking a stock BIOS GPU isntnworth much” thing if you want. I guarantee you won’t SEE a difference between 2050 MHz and 2113 MHz.

Corsair’s ML fans are about as quiet as it gets. No bearings, just magnetic levitation.

I like those fans. 

52 minutes ago, emosun said:

neato

UwU

2 minutes ago, Daddy Dave said:

Do you think I need storage? I stream and I am in high school 

depends on what you will store, me personally would need more than the 2TB as you can see but i am a collector and almost every game i own i have installed and i have backups of everything, also a fair few movie files (which i definetly recorded myself) and an extra folder which could be considered around same size as all of the NCIS and law and order SVU episodes. and i take a lot of pictures

46 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

depends on what you will store, me personally would need more than the 2TB as you can see but i am a collector and almost every game i own i have installed and i have backups of everything, also a fair few movie files (which i definetly recorded myself) and an extra folder which could be considered around same size as all of the NCIS and law and order SVU episodes. and i take a lot of pictures

OK so I should be OK with my 2 terabytes