Roast MY build

Daddy Dave

Should I change anything guys? I am planning to OC a little bit. This PC has to last me 5 years before I am off to college. Also, I want to use it for streaming, school work, and playing games.

Do you guys know of any good 50 through 54-inch black desk/table? Also do you guys like the monitor? How about good mics? Any headphones better than the artic 5 RGB ?

Whatever it is. Even if it is a little thing that I should fix please tell me. I have been planning this build for almost 3 months and I am finally ready. Please give me all your criticism and thoughts. If you don't like it, I ask you to please make me a new build changing whatever you want to be changed through PC part picker.

RGB is puke to me, sorry for the roast.

Anything else, other then RGB. It is a waste of money IMHO!

Also, please buy a cheaper case, save even more money!

Also, I'd look into if M.2 is worth it, considering price vs regular ssd.

5 minutes ago, Daddy Dave said:

Please give me all your criticism and thoughts. If you don't like it, I ask you to please make me a new build changing whatever you want to be changed through PC part picker.

RTX 2070 I don't even need to Roast ur system

get a 1080 ti since rtx is still crap and not worth it 

ASTRAY NOIR

CPU

Ryzen 5 3600

Cooler

Corsair H100I PRO

RAM

PNY XLR-8 EPIC-X DDR4-3200 CL16 32GB

GPU

ASUS ROG RTX 2070

STORAGE

SAMSUNG 850 EVO, 2xSEAGATE BARRACUDA PRO 1TB,A2000 1TB

Case

NZXT H500 

PSU

Enermax Revolution DF 650W

MONITOR

MSI MAG272,LG 22MP68BQ,DELL D2015H

PERIPHIRALS

Ducky One 2 (HORIZON) || Glorious Model O- Pink || G305 || Razer Nari Essential || HyperX Cloud II

"Roast my build"? I would, but your RTX 2070 does it for me. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Better cooler. You're having a near $400 CPU being cooled by a cheap cooler.. try something like Corsair's h100 or h115i, NZXT Kraken x62, etc.

SSD can be changed to something like Samsung's 860 evo, very similar, but that's just my preference.

PSU can be changed to a SeaSonic or EVGA G1/G2 

Gaming on a 27" will be better if you're going for a 1440p monitor. 

You can buy a 1080 or used 1080ti instead of the 2070. Unless you're strictly wanting new products. I'd still cough up the extra money for a 2080 though, which is the same as the 1080ti. 

1. Dont have trust in QLC SSDs yet, not enough endurance data. You can get 500GB MX500 for $65 I believe? No NVMe, but TLC has proved itself already

2. The graphics card cost so dam much for the performance... You can get 1070ti for 2/3 the price, with like a 10-15% hit in performance only.

3. What's the point of a 1440p monitor if it's only 24"? Not to mention it's a TN...

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

9 hours ago, Jurrunio said:

1. Dont have trust in QLC SSDs yet, not enough endurance data. You can get 500GB MX500 for $65 I believe? No NVMe, but TLC has proved itself already

2. The graphics card cost so dam much for the performance... You can get 1070ti for 2/3 the price, with like a 10-15% hit in performance only.

3. What's the point of a 1440p monitor if it's only 24"? Not to mention it's a TN...

Recommend any other monitors. And BTW I got a 2070 for 500 on black friday

9 hours ago, DVA said:

Better cooler. You're having a near $400 CPU being cooled by a cheap cooler.. try something like Corsair's h100 or h115i, NZXT Kraken x62, etc.

SSD can be changed to something like Samsung's 860 evo, very similar, but that's just my preference.

PSU can be changed to a SeaSonic or EVGA G1/G2 

Gaming on a 27" will be better if you're going for a 1440p monitor. 

You can buy a 1080 or used 1080ti instead of the 2070. Unless you're strictly wanting new products. I'd still cough up the extra money for a 2080 though, which is the same as the 1080ti. 

2070 is better than th 1080 look at the benchmarks

@Jurrunio picked on your peripherals in the same way I would have. If you're going to push for a significant overclock on an 8700K, you're going to need something more substantial than the blue-collar H7 to do it.

The RTX 2070 isn't really worth it right now over a GTX 1080 or 1080 Ti. Ray tracing isn't a thing yet, and the price to performance doesn't beat either of those. Unless you're banking on ray tracing being the next big thing in games, the sort of feature that you kick yourself two years from now for not having bought into, it's not the best call.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

8 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

@Jurrunio picked on your peripherals in the same way I would have. If you're going to push for a significant overclock on an 8700K, you're going to need something more substantial than the blue-collar H7 to do it.

The RTX 2070 isn't really worth it right now over a GTX 1080 or 1080 Ti. Ray tracing isn't a thing yet, and the price to performance doesn't beat either of those. Unless you're banking on ray tracing being the next big thing in games, the sort of feature that you kick yourself two years from now for not having bought into, it's not the best call.

I got it for 500 on black Friday and the benchmarks are lil better than 1080. what CPU cooler do you recommend 

Wow ANOTHER RTX + 8700 build.

How original.

Your ram speed is slow. 

You're paying for windows 10? 

Your cpu cooler sucks. (Or does it blow?) Regardless, get a better one. There's a whole list over in the air cooling forum of good ones. Go look there. 

2 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Wow ANOTHER RTX + 8700 build.

How original.

Your ram speed is slow. 

You're paying for windows 10? 

Your cpu cooler sucks. (Or does it blow?) Regardless, get a better one. There's a whole list over in the air cooling forum of good ones. Go look there. 

Can you be a bro and make me a solid build. Also ya I did go with another rtx build because THEIR GOOD 

getting most of it from amazon and paying msrp prices why roast when you have already done that to yourself.

My Rig: CPU: i9-9900k (5Ghz), Ram: 32gigs 3600mhz DDR4 CL16, MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus z390 Ultra, HDD: Samsung 970 Evo 500gig x2, Samsung 850 evo 250 gig, 2 TB Baracuda 7200 rpm,6tb WD Black 7200rpm, 4TB NAS, GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Master

8 hours ago, Daddy Dave said:

Can you be a bro and make me a solid build. Also ya I did go with another rtx build because THEIR GOOD 

Go here. 

Start at the top of the air coolers (water coolers are first... for some reason.)

Find each on PC part picker. Decide how much you want to pay/how you want it to look. Buy the one that's in the highest tier (in the link above) you can afford. 

Also don't pay $100 for windows. 

Go to one of the russian sites and buy a license for $10 if you want it to be legal. (Or ebay or something)

8 hours ago, corrado33 said:

Also don't pay $100 for windows. 

Go to one of the russian sites and buy a license for $10 if you want it to be legal. (Or ebay or something)

shOOT YOU RIGHt. cAN YOU LINK me some non sketch ones ?

-snip-

JUst make me a build with a good cooler

No. :) 

I approve

8 hours ago, Daddy Dave said:

JUst make me a build with a good cooler

You need to make it yours we can recommend but (and not gonna speak for everyone) you need to do the dirty work and decide what YOU want in your computer and what YOU are gonna use it for. But I think you can find cheap prices and knock it down to atleast 1600-1700 possibly. Look at used market as well for graphics card (1080ti are around 400-500 now).

My Rig: CPU: i9-9900k (5Ghz), Ram: 32gigs 3600mhz DDR4 CL16, MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus z390 Ultra, HDD: Samsung 970 Evo 500gig x2, Samsung 850 evo 250 gig, 2 TB Baracuda 7200 rpm,6tb WD Black 7200rpm, 4TB NAS, GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Master

1 minute ago, Livinloud said:

You need to make it yours we can recommend but (and not gonna speak for everyone) you need to do the dirty work and decide what YOU want in your computer and what YOU are gonna use it for. But I think you can find cheap prices and knock it down to atleast 1600-1700 possibly. Look at used market as well for graphics card (1080ti are around 400-500 now).

I was going to buy a used 1080 TI but that GPU is for 4k and I am not planning on playing 4k. So then the next step down from that would be I think the 2070 

21 minutes ago, Daddy Dave said:

I was going to buy a used 1080 TI but that GPU is for 4k and I am not planning on playing 4k. So then the next step down from that would be I think the 2070

There isn't enough games out yet to use Ray tracing yet..so if it was me I wouldn't get a RTX yet but if you wanna build for future then go for it. But even then playing the new battlefield on high with Ray tracing on you get like 30fps..so is that really even competitive play?

All I'd say is get a better cooler for sure.   Get Win10 from Kinguin.

Also use pcpartpicker to look for a power supply.  I bet you can get a 650W Seasonic for a similar price.  I'm guessing you'd be at peak efficiency with a 650W PSU.

11 hours ago, Daddy Dave said:

I got it for 500 on black Friday and the benchmarks are lil better than 1080. what CPU cooler do you recommend 

Your case has a max CPU cooler height of 165mm, which puts you right on the edge of "big air" territory. I believe the NH-D15 would fit (at the cost of a RAM slot), and despite a few years of trying, no one's been able to dethrone that as the king of air cooling. A step below that and a few coolers come to mind that are within a few degrees of it:

• Thermalright Le Grande Macho
    • Fits your case like a glove at 159mm-ish. Outstanding performance. It's the size of a Volkswagen and costs $80, so there's that.
  • Cryorig H5 Ultimate
    • Similar to the Le Grande Macho in build, but not quite as beefy. It is much cheaper at $50-ish, IIRC, and can handle a surprisingly solid overclock, but it's not going to get you to the bleeding edge of performance.
  • Scythe Fuma
    • A dual-tower 120mm heatsink that looks like a baby NH-D15 and performs like one, too. Installation is a bitch and a half, but if you can find it on sale for $45-50, it's a steal.
  • beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
    • Right up there with the NH-D15. A little quieter, a tiny bit weaker performance, but definitely worthwhile if you're looking for something not quite as poop-colored as the NH-D15. Not a sure thing to fit your case at 162mm tall.

If you're looking at liquid as an option, the current model 280mm AIO from NZXT or Corsair is a very safe bet.

19 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Your case has a max CPU cooler height of 165mm, which puts you right on the edge of "big air" territory. I believe the NH-D15 would fit (at the cost of a RAM slot), and despite a few years of trying, no one's been able to dethrone that as the king of air cooling. A step below that and a few coolers come to mind that are within a few degrees of it:

• Thermalright Le Grande Macho
    • Fits your case like a glove at 159mm-ish. Outstanding performance. It's the size of a Volkswagen and costs $80, so there's that.
  • Cryorig H5 Ultimate
    • Similar to the Le Grande Macho in build, but not quite as beefy. It is much cheaper at $50-ish, IIRC, and can handle a surprisingly solid overclock, but it's not going to get you to the bleeding edge of performance.
  • Scythe Fuma
    • A dual-tower 120mm heatsink that looks like a baby NH-D15 and performs like one, too. Installation is a bitch and a half, but if you can find it on sale for $45-50, it's a steal.
  • beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
    • Right up there with the NH-D15. A little quieter, a tiny bit weaker performance, but definitely worthwhile if you're looking for something not quite as poop-colored as the NH-D15. Not a sure thing to fit your case at 162mm tall.

If you're looking at liquid as an option, the current model 280mm AIO from NZXT or Corsair is a very safe bet.

I think I'm going to get the noctua then put on the chromax set thing with it . Also is there anything else you think I should change.

5 hours ago, Daddy Dave said:

I think I'm going to get the noctua then put on the chromax set thing with it . Also is there anything else you think I should change.

Windows 10 is $4 on eBay, and those keys come with a no-questions-asked money back guarantee through eBay if they don't work. Other than that, not really.

5 hours ago, aisle9 said:

-snip-

The fan on the NH-D15 can be moved up to provide additional clearance for ram. I know.... I have 3 of them.  EDIT: It still may not work with MASSIVE sets of ram with MASSIVE (yet useless) heat fins on top as the fan will eventually hit the other side of the case. 

1 minute ago, corrado33 said:

The fan on the NH-D15 can be moved up to provide additional clearance for ram. I know.... I have 3 of them. 

I am getting the ND D15S

6 hours ago, corrado33 said:

The fan on the NH-D15 can be moved up to provide additional clearance for ram. I know.... I have 3 of them.  EDIT: It still may not work with MASSIVE sets of ram with MASSIVE (yet useless) heat fins on top as the fan will eventually hit the other side of the case. 

Right, but as it's raised, the fan gets higher off the board, and this is a 165mm clearance case. The NH-D15 is 160mm high with the fans fully lowered, which doesn't leave much wiggle room for taller RAM. In any event, unless you're running four DIMMs, you probably shouldn't be using the slot closest to the CPU anyway.