Issues with Text Editor

Boomwebsearch

I was not exactly sure on how I would be able to describe the issue so I have included a short video on what is going on. When I have made a mistake in typing and I make an attempt to fix it, the curser for the text acts differently as I have demonstrated. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue as it is causing issues for me when creating posts using the text editor?

@colonel_mortis @Crunchy Dragon @LinusTech @Slick @AlexTheGreatish @Edzel Yago @CPotter 

download link to view the issue that I am having:

85eb2a83-cb6b-4d2c-b8a8-cf65ce592452.mp4

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Does it still happen if you disable grammarly and restart chrome?

After I turned off Grammarly and then restarted Chrome the problem seems to have been solved. I am guessing that there is some compatibility issue with Chrome (when used with certain sites like this forum) and Grammarly. Is Grammarly not supported to be used on the forum or is there another issue present, I have had this for some time and I would sign out, close the tab, go back and sign in with a new tab and the issue would be solved although since it began happening more often I decided to create a post on it. Thank you for helping me solve this issue, @Boomwebsearch   

@Boomwebsearch 

On 12/08/2018 at 11:59 PM, Boomwebsearch said:

After I turned off Grammarly and then restarted Chrome the problem seems to have been solved. I am guessing that there is some compatibility issue with Chrome (when used with certain sites like this forum) and Grammarly. Is Grammarly not supported to be used on the forum or is there another issue present, I have had this for some time and I would sign out, close the tab, go back and sign in with a new tab and the issue would be solved although since it began happening more often I decided to create a post on it. Thank you for helping me solve this issue, @Boomwebsearch   

Grammarly has caused several issues in the past, and isn't particularly compatible with our rich text editor. I have contacted Grammarly about the issues before, and their response was pretty positive, but I don't know if any improvements were made. I've not heard of this particular issue before, but any time you experience problems with the editor the first thing to check is whether they are fixed by disabling grammarly.

HTTP/2 203

On 8/14/2018 at 4:17 PM, colonel_mortis said:

Grammarly has caused several issues in the past, and isn't particularly compatible with our rich text editor. I have contacted Grammarly about the issues before, and their response was pretty positive, but I don't know if any improvements were made. I've not heard of this particular issue before, but any time you experience problems with the editor the first thing to check is whether they are fixed by disabling grammarly.

Hi, I have disabled Grammarly for this site and that seemed to make the issue not appear any more although today it is occouring again (even with Grammarly being turned off). I think that this is an issue with Chrome possibly because when restarting Chrome the issue is not present although later it occurs again. Please let me know how I would be able to fix this issue.

Thank you in advance, @Boomwebsearch

@Boomwebsearch 

4 hours ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Hi, I have disabled Grammarly for this site and that seemed to make the issue not appear any more although today it is occouring again (even with Grammarly being turned off). I think that this is an issue with Chrome possibly because when restarting Chrome the issue is not present although later it occurs again. Please let me know how I would be able to fix this issue.

Thank you in advance, @Boomwebsearch

If you press the Insert key, does it go back to normal? It looks a bit like you might be in overtype mode (though it's not behaving quite as I would expect for that, but I'm not sure what else it could be).

HTTP/2 203