I am depressed :(

wasab

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

4 hours ago, wasab said:

I am depressed :( 

can someone cheer me up? 

Hey you don't have to be depressed !!! You are part of an awesome group of person "the LTT forum".

So as it is an awesome group, you are awesome !!!

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful day full of great news.

You'll wake up with good mood, have a perfect breakfast as good start and everything will go as good as possible !!!

I send you a big hug and a perfect day !

7 hours ago, wasab said:

can someone cheer me up? 

Have you ever seen the movie "The Terminator?"

Remember in the beginning of the film where Linda Hamilton's character, the waitress, is having a really bad day? Gets orders wrong, spills coffee all over an expensive suit, has a kid dump ice cream in her uniform?

She takes a smoke break, and one of her friends says, "Look at it this way, in a hundred years, who is gonna care?"

I look upon that scene as this:

No matter how bad you feel right now, that feeling will not last, and tomorrow, or the next day, you will feel different. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

13 hours ago, wasab said:

can someone cheer me up? 

go see a professional like a pyschologist, and not go online

5 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Have you ever seen the movie "The Terminator?"

Remember in the beginning of the film where Linda Hamilton's character, the waitress, is having a really bad day? Gets orders wrong, spills coffee all over an expensive suit, has a kid dump ice cream in her uniform?

She takes a smoke break, and one of her friends says, "Look at it this way, in a hundred years, who is gonna care?"

I look upon that scene as this:

No matter how bad you feel right now, that feeling will not last, and tomorrow, or the next day, you will feel different. 

But I am depressed because I failed two of my college classes(writing) because my professors thinks my essays are lacking ananalysis(Total BS) and so I have to retake the classes and so I can’t take the next classes in sequence which means I can’t graduate on time which means more student debt ahhhhhhh.....

It it is real BS how arbitrary these grading can be. One student reuse the same essays when he retake the course and his essays passed the 2nd time.

The debt is gonna stick with me for life. :( 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

10 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

go see a professional like a pyschologist, and not go online

But my psychologist hates me. I know he does....

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 minute ago, wasab said:

But my psychologist hates me. I know he does....

get another one

Go and take an icecold shower - start off with moderately cold water, then turn the temperature down regurarly until you reach the limit that you can handle - then when you're almost done in the shower, just turn down the temperature a bunch, and count to 30 while you stand there and shiver.

If you still feel down after the shower, then allow yourself to feel down for the moment - because you are allowed to feel down sometimes. Just zone out for a few hours and listen to some music or whatever you prefer to do, just don't do anything that requires focus, as you'll just feel irritated that you can't focus because of your worries.

Asus X99-A w/ BIOS 3402 | Intel i7 5820k OC @4.4GHz 1.28V w/ Noctua NH-U14S | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 OC @2666MHz 12-14-14-28 | Asus Geforce GTX970 STRIX OC | EVGA 750 G2 750W | Samsung 850 Evo 1 TB | Windows 10 64-bit | Be-Quiet Silent Base 800 w/ Silent Wings | 2x Dell U2414H OC @72Hz w/ Display Port

Don't forget to invest in an Intel Tuning Plan if you're going to overvolt your K/X CPU

33 minutes ago, wasab said:

But I am depressed because I failed two of my college classes(writing) because my professors thinks my essays are lacking ananalysis(Total BS) and so I have to retake the classes and so I can’t take the next classes in sequence which means I can’t graduate on time which means more student debt ahhhhhhh.....

It it is real BS how arbitrary these grading can be. One student reuse the same essays when he retake the course and his essays passed the 2nd time.

Can you take the classes during the summer to catch up?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Can you take the classes during the summer to catch up?

Working full time in the summer. I actually haven’t taken out any student loans yet and I want to keep it that way. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, wasab said:

Working full time in the summer. I actually haven’t taken out any student loans yet and I want to keep it that way. 

I understand. Can you go above the teacher's head (to the Dean) and challenge the grade?

30 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

get another one

But I fear seeing judgement in their eyes.... 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, wasab said:

Fuck what other's think of you. It's not your life they are living, they have no stand to judge you.

Stand up, be proud of what you've accomplished and if anyone judges you, toss that stare right back in their eyes, be defiant and tell them they have no right.

2 hours ago, wasab said:

dont look at them in the eyes

3 hours ago, wasab said:

What do you study?

I assume that you don't libe in the 'Penguin's Republic of Antarctica' ;)

Where do you live that makes the student dept that excessive? (The US? - Sorry my American friends... no hard feelings)

3 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I understand. Can you go above the teacher's head (to the Dean) and challenge the grade?

It's not that simple.

3 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

It's not that simple.

No guarantees it works, but it's actually pretty simple. I've done this before, and it was for a bs english teacher too. Communication goes a long way

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

10 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

No guarantees it works, but it's actually pretty simple. I've done this before, and it was for a bs english teacher too. Communication goes a long way

Yeah. It doesn’t work like that in my course. The essay are graded by a committee of three people, who are all instructors. Appeals need to be done through these committee first. To appeal, I need to have the support of my proffesor and sadly, she sided with the committee, thinking I do need to sharpen up my writing skills. 

I have never ever been so devastated in my life. I gotten perfect scores in all her assignments so far but she had told me if my essays do not passed then she would have to fail me. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

I agree, communication can solve a lot. However, I do not think that @wasab should go directly to the Dean.

Start by asking the two professors for more details about why they've failed him and ask them for feedback on the essays.

Based on that information, you can decide if their arguments have any ground and whether or not you're going to involve any higher authorities.

Up until now I haven't done anything like that, so I haven't got any experience with his situation.

However, that's how I would proceed though...

25 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

What do you study?

I assume that you don't libe in the 'Penguin's Republic of Antarctica' ;)

Where do you live that makes the student dept that excessive? (The US? - Sorry my American friends... no hard feelings)

Computer science. Failed in intermediate  writing class and art history(which is also graded solely by BS essays, no exams) 

because i I failed intermediate writing, I can’t take professional writing for engineers. 

I am so depressed.... 

yeah, USA. You can pretty much guess how much students owed and slaved for their degrees here.... 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

3 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

I agree, communication can solve a lot. However, I do not think that @wasab should go directly to the Dean.

Start by asking the two professors for more details about why they've failed him and ask them for feedback on the essays.

Based on that information, you can decide if their arguments have any ground and whether or not you're going to involve any higher authorities.

Up until now I haven't done anything like that, so I haven't got any experience with his situation.

However, that's how I would proceed though...

Well to clarify the only reason to escalate straight to the dean is if the teacher will not rally on your side. In a situation where the teacher has decided their grade, but you feel it unfair, going to the teacher would provide nothing more than confirmation of your grade.

6 minutes ago, wasab said:

Yeah. It doesn’t work like that in my course. The essay are graded by a committee of three people, who are all instructors. Appeals need to be done through these committee first. To appeal, I need to have the support of my proffesor and sadly, she sided with the committee, thinking I do need to sharpen up my writing skills. 

I have never ever been so devastated in my life. I gotten perfect scores in all her assignments so far but she had told me if my essays do not passed then she would have to fail me. 

That system makes no sense. If you have to have the teachers support to repeal the teachers decision, then there really is no appeal process at all, so I would definitely raise concern straight to the deans office. The worst that can happen is the dean agrees with the teacher and nothing changes. At the very least though, someone should raise concern about that pretend appeal department

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.