Android or Ios Better and why?

Is Android better than Ios,why does android slow down relatively quicker than ios?

Neither is better than the other. They both have their advantages.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

4 minutes ago, Adithyadusty47 said:

Is Android better than Ios,why does android slow down relatively quicker than ios?

All depends on your opinion and your needs. I like android more because its open source and doesn't restrict what apps you can run unlike apple who has to control your whole life.

Sent From The TechMaster Himself

Thanks For All The Help - Rambo3456

4 minutes ago, Rambo3456 said:

All depends on your opinion and your needs. I like android more because its open source and doesn't restrict what apps you can run unlike apple who has to control your whole life.

But android is prone to lag,right?

well i'll just put this here, on Android the BACK button is a fixed button (if your device has hardware buttons and if not always occupies the same spot on the display) so you don't have to go hunting for it and the sound/volume controls are all in one place, not like that crazy shit i've seen on Apple devices where you have a volume slider but then under settings/MUSIC there is another slider that sets max volume to the headphones, serious;y what the fuck is that?

The OS is not laggy its pretty well built. you get lag if you get a low spec android phone

Sent From The TechMaster Himself

Thanks For All The Help - Rambo3456

2 minutes ago, Adithyadusty47 said:

Only on weak hardware / ridiculously bloated environments. 

2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

not like that crazy shit i've seen on Apple devices where you have a volume slider but then under settings/MUSIC there is another slider that sets max volume to the headphones, serious;y what the fuck is that?

It's a max-volume slider so you don't have to worry about blowing out your ears if you accidentally raise the volume too high -- it's something you can adjust once and never again (and is disabled by default).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

8 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

It's a max-volume slider so you don't have to worry about blowing out your ears if you accidentally raise the volume too high -- it's something you can adjust once and never again (and is disabled by default).

still it's stupid, if you can't control your volume settings with the volume rocker then you aren't intelligent enough to need a smart phone and apparently it wasn't always disabled by default because otherwise I never would have had to find it to understand why the damn headphones never got loud on that device.

and anyways WHY is it NOT with the other SOUND settings?

10 minutes ago, Adithyadusty47 said:

From my experience it seems to depend on apps and the phone itself, haven't really experienced lag on any of my phones but the lower end phones like the galaxy grand prime i had, but the flagship ones i haven't really seen anything lag on them, at least not too much, i could be wrong though.

12 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

still it's stupid, if you can't control your volume settings with the volume rocker then you aren't intelligent enough to need a smart phone and apparently it wasn't always disabled by default because otherwise I never would have had to find it to understand why the damn headphones never got loud on that device.

and anyways WHY is it NOT with the other SOUND settings?

Because it's exclusively related to music playback, and it has always been disabled by default -- you or someone else must have toggled it on. Part of the reason it's there is for parents to prevent their kids from listening to loud, or even for an individual to make sure they don't end up making it too loud while listening since it is inherently bad for your hearing. 

From 2006: 

The software update enables parents of children with iPods to set a maximum volume limit, then lock it with a combination code.

https://www.macworld.com/article/1050101/ipodupdate.html

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Because it's exclusively related to music playback, and it has always been disabled by default -- you or someone else must have toggled it on. Part of the reason it's there is for parents to prevent their kids from listening to loud, or even for an individual to make sure they don't end up making it too loud while listening since it is inherently bad for your hearing. 

it was on one of my bosses devices, he wouldn't ever have gone that deep into settings, he never even opens settings, especially not way back then. also still should be in the rest of the sound menu not tucked away somewhere else to where you have to google why it won't get loud, it's just further evidence of the inherent lack of logic of apple devices, the software is garbage, i've seen back arrow jump from one side of the screen to the other depending on where i'm at and I just flat out tell people that ask me for help I won't touch that crap anymore, the way Apple software is designed is not logical.

2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

it was on one of my bosses devices, he wouldn't ever have gone that deep into settings, he never even opens settings, especially not way back then. also still should be in the rest of the sound menu not tucked away somewhere else to where you have to google why it won't get loud, it's just further evidence of the inherent lack of logic of apple devices, the software is garbage, i've seen back arrow jump from one side of the screen to the other depending on where i'm at and I just flat out tell people that ask me for help I won't touch that crap anymore, the way Apple software is designed is not logical.

Someone changed it because it has been a disabled-by-default setting since it was first introduced back in 2006. 

The software update enables parents of children with iPods to set a maximum volume limit, then lock it with a combination code.

The volume limit only affects music, it doesn't affect any other audio playback, so it makes more sense to put it with the music settings.

As for the jumping back arrows, that was likely caused by app developers putting the back button on the right since Apple always has it on the left. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

28 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

For what it is, Android actually runs quite (dare I say, Impressively) well on lower spec hardware.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Someone changed it because it has been a disabled-by-default setting since it was first introduced back in 2006. 

The volume limit only affects music, it doesn't affect any other audio playback, so it makes more sense to put it with the music settings.

As for the jumping back arrows, that was likely caused by app developers putting the back button on the right since Apple always has it on the left. 

you can explain it away all you want, you will never convince me it was logical, because it's NOT.

and just an example of why hardware buttons/ fixed buttons on the bottom are better, no room for the developer to screw with it.

7 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

you can explain it away all you want, you will never convince me it was logical, because it's NOT.

and just an example of why hardware buttons/ fixed buttons on the bottom are better, no room for the developer to screw with it.

Yeah, you're right, it's much more intuitive to bury it within an additional settings (denoted simply by three dots) menu and not in the main volume pane (and that's when there's even an option for it at all on Android). Neither approach is any better than the other. Samsung-volume-limit.png?resize=850%2C57

And I'd gladly risk the inconsistency than waste screen space. Again, both solutions have their flaws and benefits.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Yeah, you're right, it's much more intuitive to bury it within an additional settings (denoted simply by three dots) menu and not in the main volume pane (and that's when there's even an option for it at all on Android). Neither approach is any better than the other. Samsung-volume-limit.png?resize=850%2C57

And I'd rather not have buttons waste screen space. 

atleast it's in the right spot

and you wanna talk about wasted screen space

https://goo.gl/images/C5MAKD

what do you call shoving the top of the screen up so high the earpiece cuts off notifications?

whatever, i'm done, i've said my piece and i'm NOT getting into a flamewar with a fanboy so please stop replying

3 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

what do you call shoving the top of the screen up so high the earpiece cuts off notifications?

No, the 'right' spot would either be directly under the volume settings (or in the app specific setting since it is an app-specific setting). Buried within an additional settings menu that's not even prominently labeled is just silly. 

Alternatively you could take Samsung's approach and just lose that top strip of screen altogether and have to put the clock and status elements in a usable portion of the screen. I still prefer the notch approach. The notch has the downside of bothering some people, again, neither approach is outright better.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Rambo3456 said:

The OS is not laggy its pretty well built. you get lag if you get a low spec android phone

got an S7 Edge since release. Last wipe was a year ago, i reflashed 7.0 cleanly with Odin when it launched, since then only OTA updates + using my apps, saving images, etc etc etc.

It lags quite hard atm. I can't even take it, and open Whatsapp without needing to wait at least 1-3 seconds for it to rethink it's life choices lol.

Wonder why that is.. But it's unreal how incredibly SLOW it has gotten over that last Year. Maybe because it's how Android behaves after a while, maybe because i have too much junk on it... i plan to reflash Oreo when it comes out, and configurate it completely new.

Small edit: Just took my phone, and had a Whatsapp message. Clicked on it, and unlocked it, and when the Chat window appeared, it took like 4-5 whole Seconds for the new Message to appear.

@ thread: 

However, i would say: Android does get slower over time faster than iOS.

iOS performs better for a longer time, because it's extremely well and efficiently built. But it does have many restrictions, because it's an "closed Ecosystem".

There is no better or worse. Both have advantages and disadvantages, and it depends on YOU, which will suit you better. so your answer like that can not be answered, without knowing what YOU need.

6 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

whatever, i'm done, i've said my piece and i'm NOT getting into a flamewar with a fanboy so please stop replying

You got this completely Wrong.

The Notch, as it is there, is NOT wasted screen space, it is GAINED screens pace.

You aren't losing the part in the middle. You GAIN the screenspace left and right from it.

If it didn't had a notch, the parts left and right from it would just be black body Plastic, Metal, Glas with anything underneath.. Just wasted space, because front camera and sensors do NOT need the whole bar on the top.

The Notch has ONLY advantages. Like this, space is perfectly used up. Small area for sensors/camera, and rest screen space, small "bars" that show notification symbols, clock etc. it's not, like the notification bar would show any info in the middle.

And for those, who don't want a rectangle shaped screen, they can simply make an Option, to make the 2 side-notches black, and mov e the Notification bar below that --> Zero disadvantage, because without the notch, this is exactly where the screen would've endet. You get what i mean?

And if the Display is OLED, this won't even waste battery.

If a Phone wouldn't have ANY sensors/cameras in the front, THEN the notch would be wasted screen space.

8 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

the sound/volume controls are all in one place, not like that crazy shit i've seen on Apple devices where you have a volume slider but then under settings/MUSIC there is another slider that sets max volume to the headphones, serious;y what the fuck is that?

Ummm...Sony's phone more or less does that as well (but less intrusively). At first, if you try to listen to music with earphones above 50%, it gives you a notification/message/pop-up saying "listening to music at high volumes may permanently damage you hearing" and you'd have to reclick the volume button. However, once its shown up like 10 times and you always dismiss it, it will stop showing up. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

11 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

not like that crazy shit i've seen on Apple devices where you have a volume slider but then under settings/MUSIC there is another slider that sets max volume to the headphones, serious;y what the fuck is that?

Actually, I quite like the maximum volume setting when I had my iPod so a slip of the hand on the click wheel doesn't ratchet the volume to ear-splitting (for my relatively sensitive ears,) levels. Not sure if this is a concern on iOS though.

This isn't a problem on Android as there isn't an easy way to unintentionally increase the volume in such a dramatic fashion. The easiest means of accessing the volume controls is via the hardware buttons, and unless one holds it down, the volume adjusts in steps.

It would be *angry voice* really super if Android allows for fine grained control than a mere 16 steps. I've been wanting this since GingerBread, and I'm still waiting!

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Android is better by far. It is far more user friendly and capable. iOS is an os for users who enjoy a giant corporation raping them in the rear.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

3 minutes ago, wasab said:

Android is better by far. It is far more user friendly and capable. iOS is an os for users who enjoy a giant corporation raping them in the rear.

Yep, Google is your friend. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Yep, Google is your friend. 

I know. How can we ever use the internet without google?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

8 minutes ago, wasab said:

No offence, but this sound like trash talk of a fanboy, who can't be objective at all.

How about some arguments? (and no, i use Android since my first smartphone 2010)

There are things Android does better, there are things Android does WAY worse.

3 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

No offence, but this sound like trash talk of a fanboy, who can't be objective at all.

How about some arguments? (and no, i use Android since my first smartphone 2010)

There are things Android does better, there are things Android does WAY worse.

I did a two page rant about ios in another thread with a list of objective limitations and user unfriendlinessa few months back I won’t bother retyping the whole thing here.

Sudo make me a sandwich