Folding Community Board

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

35 minutes ago, palespartan said:

Stock cooler should be fine but really its just a matter of keeping an eye on temps, Definitely able to tune performance (stay away form the slider with light, medium and full though) and you can tell F@H to only use a certain number of threads to fold (I don't know if its still the norm or not but I still try to leave at least one open thread for every GPU I have folding) I am sure that there are more complicated settings like when is use only using x number of threads as opposed to when not in use using all threads but I haven't messed with more complicated settings like that before personally, and as you have already learned any questions you have feel free to post them here (this thread is going to change to LTT folding team hangout soon) And most importantly WELCOME TO THE TEAM!! keep on folding.

Yeah I would check what voltage its pulling under load I remember when Ryzen is left stock hearing that it would pull extra voltage on its own even more than some overclocked systems so it might actually benefit you to overclock and apply a static voltage. But I personally don't run Ryzen so I haven't tried myself. And I will admit most of the time I just fold on gpu as well but when I do my platform upgrade this summer (either Ryzen 2700x or 7820x) I will get back into CPU folding full time.

Definitely check Voltage, but there is never harm in getting a superior TIM and re-seating your cooking solution. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Hey just to let you all know I finally made the edit to the OP to change this to "folding community board" if any of you wanted to go back and check it out and have suggestions for things to change or stupid grammar or spelling mistakes that I made (I am quite prone to them) let me know.

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

Has anyone got Folding to work on an APU? More specifically one of the new Ryzen ones, in this case the 2400G? 

EDIT: Congratulations team on an amazing week! Even with a number of us competing with BOINC we have had one of the best weeks in a while with points per week. 

this last weeks points accumulation was, 218,803,023.

If we could maintain this pace we could be on track for skirting a billion points per month again like the good old days! 

948,146,433 to be precise, Pat on the back to everyone involved!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I wonder if we can break 1 billion points next month, once we have the boinc competitors back we should be another 3+mil a day better off. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

And I am back folding! Lets get the show on the road! @palespartan are you back yet?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I have spent some of my time to create a database using Google Drive so you can share your scores and compare your systems to each other.

Here are the links to the form and database.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Form - https://goo.gl/forms/TAHmVgZUaTSBFuiM2

Database - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/190uI_bF3SpqYXRl1OLdGktOC2IlU7IOPEwZllGeriIs/edit?usp=sharing

Database Rules:

1. Don't spam the Database. We want to keep it nice and clean so people can compare their systems to others.

2. No rude language.

I may add additional features. Please comment on the thread and I will see if I can add it onto the thread and form. 

Happy folding!

hi.

On 5/17/2018 at 7:12 AM, Ben Quigley said:

I wonder if we can break 1 billion points next month, once we have the boinc competitors back we should be another 3+mil a day better off. 

I hope so. I actually saw on our stats the other day that we might actually catch a team rather than just other teams catching us!

On 5/19/2018 at 8:34 AM, Ben Quigley said:

And I am back folding! Lets get the show on the road! @palespartan are you back yet?

Just got back today from EDC switched over the old mining rig from boinc to folding and going to do the same with my gaming tower today too. should be back up to 1.4m PPD.

Folding Community Board:

13 hours ago, AskTJ said:

I have spent some of my time to create a database using Google Drive so you can share your scores and compare your systems to each other.

Here are the links to the form and database.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Form - https://goo.gl/forms/TAHmVgZUaTSBFuiM2

Database - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/190uI_bF3SpqYXRl1OLdGktOC2IlU7IOPEwZllGeriIs/edit?usp=sharing

Database Rules:

1. Don't spam the Database. We want to keep it nice and clean so people can compare their systems to others.

2. No rude language.

I may add additional features. Please comment on the thread and I will see if I can add it onto the thread and form. 

Happy folding!

Definitely a cool database but I was wondering if you could add additional fields to submit to as at least a lot of the hardcore ones of us are running multiple mixed GPUs in each rig and some of us running multiple rigs. I was wondering if there was a way of accounting for that or if we submit for each rig that we do. Also if there is a way to go back and edit a previous rig later as we upgrade and stuff or is this just to show what specific hardware is capable of?

Folding Community Board:

17 hours ago, palespartan said:

I hope so. I actually saw on our stats the other day that we might actually catch a team rather than just other teams catching us!

Just got back today from EDC switched over the old mining rig from boinc to folding and going to do the same with my gaming tower today too. should be back up to 1.4m PPD.

Welcome back into the fold(Bad pun alert) I've managed to get some more hardware on folding so I should be breaking 1.5 mil from time to time now. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

Welcome back into the fold(Bad pun alert) I've managed to get some more hardware on folding so I should be breaking 1.5 mil from time to time now. 

More like excellent pun alert. and that is nice. I don't think I'll be near that until I either upgrade my gaming rig platform or I get a motherboard for my "test bench" that isn't a mining board so that I can run my 670 through a 16x slot. Just not sure which direction I want to go with if I upgrade my gaming rig though. Still deciding between 2700x and 7820x... Also does anyone know who this Random_Australian is that is destroying everyone in PPD? He is at 2.3m!!! its insane.

Folding Community Board:

2 hours ago, palespartan said:

More like excellent pun alert. and that is nice. I don't think I'll be near that until I either upgrade my gaming rig platform or I get a motherboard for my "test bench" that isn't a mining board so that I can run my 670 through a 16x slot. Just not sure which direction I want to go with if I upgrade my gaming rig though. Still deciding between 2700x and 7820x... Also does anyone know who this Random_Australian is that is destroying everyone in PPD? He is at 2.3m!!! its insane.

Haha thanks! And personally id say go with the 2700x if youre budget conscious although I don’t know the cost of your intel option. No idea who he is, but dual 1080s would probably get that so it’s not completely unreal. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 hours ago, palespartan said:

PS a 670 could run at 4x speed, so if you have a spare m.2 slot then you have 4 lanes right there.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

Haha thanks! And personally id say go with the 2700x if youre budget conscious although I don’t know the cost of your intel option. No idea who he is, but dual 1080s would probably get that so it’s not completely unreal. 

The price difference comes down to about $200 and the 7820x gives me a nice boost in single threaded performance where the 2700x would basically give me the same single threaded performance. Both are 8 core 16 thread so its actually kinda tough to decide. But probably wouldn't have the budget for either for another month anyways.

2 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

PS a 670 could run at 4x speed, so if you have a spare m.2 slot then you have 4 lanes right there.

Didn't think about that idea but even if i do have an m.2 slot open its too much effort to buy the adapter. That is the amount of lazy I am about this now. lol.

Folding Community Board:

7 minutes ago, palespartan said:

Didn't think about that idea but even if i do have an m.2 slot open its too much effort to buy the adapter. That is the amount of lazy I am about this now. lol.

Had the random Australia killed your folding mojo with his 2+ million PPD?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Had the random Australia killed your folding mojo with his 2+ million PPD?

Lol. not yet so long as there aren't enough people producing on that level to kill my dreams of top ten then I'm still in it. Just too much effort for something that I'm for sure fixing in a month anyways.

Folding Community Board:

9 hours ago, palespartan said:

Lol. not yet so long as there aren't enough people producing on that level to kill my dreams of top ten then I'm still in it. Just too much effort for something that I'm for sure fixing in a month anyways.

Don't forget to ask for your new badge

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

So I decided to put the heat output to work for me today, I,be got my room up to 32C by closing the windows in order to make my bread rise! It's working quite well.

DSC_0192.JPG

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

Don't forget to ask for your new badge

Forgot about that. I also need to check and see if I'm worthy of a BOINC badge too. And do you know who to ask for BOINC?

2 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

So I decided to put the heat output to work for me today, I,be got my room up to 32C by closing the windows in order to make my bread rise! It's working quite well.

DSC_0192.JPG

God damn that is a toasty room a bit more power and you will be able to cook in there. lol

Folding Community Board:

5 minutes ago, palespartan said:

Forgot about that. I also need to check and see if I'm worthy of a BOINC badge too. And do you know who to ask for BOINC?

God damn that is a toasty room a bit more power and you will be able to cook in there. lol

@alpenwasser is BOINC team leader. And yeah, was a little toasty. It's 28 or so outside today, quite warm for Northern Britain.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

42 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

@alpenwasser is BOINC team leader. And yeah, was a little toasty. It's 28 or so outside today, quite warm for Northern Britain.

yeah since when is it warmer in northern Britain than it is here in California? This is a weird spring.

Folding Community Board:

1 minute ago, palespartan said:

yeah since when is it warmer in northern Britain than it is here in California? This is a weird spring.

since trump said climate change doesn't exist and god is trying to change his mind? /s

P.S. thats a lovely shiny golden badge you have there.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

12 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

since trump said climate change doesn't exist and god is trying to change his mind? /s

P.S. thats a lovely shiny golden badge you have there.

Thanks. from the looks of it yours should be in by the end of the week.

Folding Community Board:

1 minute ago, palespartan said:

Thanks. from the looks of it yours should be in by the end of the week.

Really, so soon, I didnt think I was that close. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Really, so soon, I didnt think I was that close. 

According to EOC your at 95m right now and I would guess its reporting your ppd wrong since its doing the same for so maybe not the end of this week but I think next week for sure.

Folding Community Board:

Just now, palespartan said:

According to EOC your at 95m right now and I would guess its reporting your ppd wrong since its doing the same for so maybe not the end of this week but I think next week for sure.

Awesome! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240