Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Terry's always an asshole.

Congrats on the CRV man! I'm more of a Nissan person for Jap cars but my uncle has a 2007 (2008 in US) CRV and it's so much nicer inside than our 2008 Nissan X-Trail (The last Japanese crossover that goes well offroad).

My dream crossover @connorpiper

-snip-

My mom wanted the XC60. But it was a little pricey. But you get what you pay for.

She also did not like the gas mileage. (One of those people who like MPG over power)

So she has a Ford Escape 1.6L (Titanium, 2014) with a Sony sound system. 

esc15_bb_01_1400x560.jpg

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

My mom wanted the XC60. But it was a little pricey. But you get what you pay for.

She also did not like the gas mileage. (One of those people who like MPG over power)

So she has a Ford Escape 1.6L (Titanium, 2014) 

How fucking slow is it? You should've told her to get the T5 Drive-E. We kinda want to get one but dad has to pay off his WRX, which is probs only 1 year away from being fully paid off.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

My first car i bought 3 days ago a manual 2000 golf, i love it so much that picture isnt of my car but just one i found on the internet

3f5XNTm.jpg

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

How fucking slow is it? You should've told her to get the T5 Drive-E.

Has 3 less BHP than her last car. (2.5L Ford Fusion)

The thing is actually very fast for 1.6L (Super High Pressure Turbo) and when there is only two people in the car it easily passes trucks.

Bit o turbo lag though. The torque control is pretty good, which is probably why it is not that slow. 

And the million tech features make up for it. Though there was a 2.0L (250BHP) option, I really wanted that. 

Has 3 less BHP than her last car. (2.5L Ford Fusion)

The thing is actually very fast for 1.6L (Super High Pressure Turbo) and when there is only two people in the car it easily passes trucks.

Bit o turbo lag though. The torque control is pretty good, which is probably why it is not that slow. 

And the million tech features make up for it. Though there was a 2.0L (250BHP) option, I really wanted that. 

Well on roadtrips when the boots full and you got 3 people in the car like what normally happens in my family it'd be slow asf. I want the XC60 D5, lots of torque and pretty good sound.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Well on roadtrips when the boots full and you got 3 people in the car like what normally happens in my family it'd be slow asf.

4 People. My computer. And enough crap for a vacation in Tahoe for a week. Went up the hills just fine. 

Once it is at 60 or so. You can go up to 80 pretty quickly. 

4 People. My computer. And enough crap for a vacation in Tahoe for a week. Went up the hills just fine. 

Once it is at 60 or so. You can go up to 80 pretty quickly. 

yeah but the engine is stressed a lot more than a bigger engine.

EDIT: I really need to add on shit before I post instead of editing...

yeah but the engine is stressed a lot more than a bigger engine.

The thing goes up to 8K RPM before shifting up.

It has the same Dual-Clutch Automatic manual from the Ford Focus.

It works hard. But you can't really hear it. The Turbo makes the sucking sound though.

The thing goes up to 8K RPM before shifting up.

It has the same Dual-Clutch Automatic manual from the Ford Focus.

It works hard. But you can't really hear it. The Turbo makes the sucking sound though.

It's not the same size as the XC60 though. Interior looks much nicer too.

edited: wrong vid

It's not the same size as the XC60 though. Interior looks much nicer too.

edited: wrong vid

It's $10,000 more for the same upgrades. 

My mom wanted the Volvo. But did not want to spend that much on her car.

It's $10,000 more for the same upgrades. 

My mom wanted the Volvo. But did not want to spend that much on her car.

It'd be worth it if she got a dealer to sell at invoice. Better interior, looks better (imo), better engine, better build, better brand, better build...

It'd be worth it if she got a dealer to sell at invoice. Better interior, looks better (imo), better engine, better build, better brand, better build...

We only have one dealer close to us. And because they are one of the only Volvo, BMW, Merc dealer in NorCal. They charge way too much. 

We only have one dealer close to us. And because they are one of the only Volvo, BMW, Merc dealer in NorCal. They charge way too much. 

See, buy from a different dealer and get it serviced by your local dealer.

See, buy from a different dealer and get it serviced by your local dealer.

The closest dealer is 4 hours away. (Other than that one)

And we went to our Ford one about 10 times before she decided. (She wanted the CRV at first) 

The closest dealer is 4 hours away. (Other than that one)

And we went to our Ford one about 10 times before she decided. (She wanted the CRV at first) 

Did you look at the Forester?

The 2.0 premium is around the same price.

System: Thinkpad T460

Did you look at the Forester?

The 2.0 premium is around the same price.

What price? Our Escape was 30K at our dealer. (38K List)

Or, what about a CX-5? Prices start around 25K.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Or, what about a CX-5? Prices start around 25K.

The Interior is a sea of black plastic. 

The Interior is a sea of black plastic. 

Wait for a CX-3?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Wait for a CX-3?

IDK, she just wanted the Ford or Honda CR-V.

And she got the ford because the Honda has a 5 speed auto. And the Escape has more "Bells and Whistles" 

The estimated price according to google. Which is a bit over 29k there is fluctuation but it's pretty darn close

And she got the ford because the Honda has a 5 speed auto. And the Escape has more "Bells and Whistles" 

Bells and whistles? Have you looked on the inside? IT looks like garbage. Black gives the impression of sporty, that's why I recommended the CX-3. It probably comes in a 6 speed stick or 6 speed auto, and hopefully, it should come by mid 2015.

Everyone's fanboyisms are showing lol

The estimated price according to google. Which is a bit over 29k there is fluctuation but it's pretty darn close

A XC60 Premium with Leather Heated Seats, BLIS, and Sat Nav? 

Bells and whistles? Have you looked on the inside? IT looks like garbage. Black gives the impression of sporty, that's why I recommended the CX-3. It probably comes in a 6 speed stick or 6 speed auto, and hopefully, it should come by mid 2015.

Calm down dude it's subjective.