Steam Refunds

Hey guys so i just bought saints row the third on my old laptop and it turns out that i can barely run it and when im in cars im getting around 10 fps. so i requested a refund but will steam accept it or no i have not refunded any games before now so im just wondering. and how long do u think it will take

Is there any chance i could get the refund today even though its sunday

Just now, Jackson Hens said:

Hey guys so i just bought saints row the third on my old laptop and it turns out that i can barely run it and when im in cars im getting around 10 fps. so i requested a refund but will steam accept it or no i have not refunded any games before now so im just wondering. and how long do u think it will take

1 week max i think

hahvent refunded in a while

as long as you have under i think 2 hours or 50 hours or som..

MF UH BEANS

They should refund you within 3 days depending on what day it is and how busy they are. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 minute ago, aries757 said:

1 week max i think

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

They should refund you within 3 days depending on what day it is and how busy they are. 

its sunday in australia so they will not do it today will they

2 minutes ago, aries757 said:

1 week max i think

its 2 hours and i have 35 minutes played

You can refund if you've played less than 2 hours or have owned it for less than 15 days if I recall.
Also it usually takes less than a day to refund, I've refunded more than 10 games already.

【=◈︿◈=】

\\ CPU i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz(1.26v) \\ GPU | 1070 FE 8GB  // Audio FiiO E10k / AT M50X //

\\ Monitor | LG 29UM69G-B \\ Phone LG G6 H870DS // Nintendo Switch //

Just now, Eredian said:

You can refund if you've played less than 2 hours or have owned it for less than 15 days if I recall.
Also it usually takes less than a day to refund, I've refunded more than 10 games already.

i bought it today its sunday and i only have 35 minutes played

3 minutes ago, Jackson Hens said:

i bought it today its sunday and i only have 35 minutes played

Just request the refund, you'll be asked to uninstall it at the same time I think. If not you can manually delete it.

I've only ever refunded one game and I got my money back quite fast.

Just now, Egg-Roll said:

Just request the refund, you'll be asked to uninstall it at the same time I think. If not you can manually delete it.

I've only ever refunded one game and I got my money back quite fast.

so do i reinstall itt now or if it tells me to?

i havent gotten accepted yet

5 minutes ago, Jackson Hens said:

so do i reinstall itt now or if it tells me to?

i havent gotten accepted yet

If you've requested for a refund just wait for a response, it's possible for them not to ask to uninstall it. Uninstalling a game from steam is as easy as deleting the games folder in the steams library on the computer.

Because it's now 1AM where I am it's possible you'll have to wait till either later today (12-20 hours) or till monday, that's assuming no staff work at this time of day.

29 minutes ago, aries757 said:

1 week max i think

2 hours play time or 2 weeks of ownership I think is the limit for a refund.

38 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

2 hours play time or 2 weeks of ownership I think is the limit for a refund.

49 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

If you've requested for a refund just wait for a response, it's possible for them not to ask to uninstall it. Uninstalling a game from steam is as easy as deleting the games folder in the steams library on the computer.

Because it's now 1AM where I am it's possible you'll have to wait till either later today (12-20 hours) or till monday, that's assuming no staff work at this time of day.

ok they have accepted the refund but its pending do u know how long that will take to be back in my wallet will it be back in before 34 hours?

1 minute ago, Jackson Hens said:

ok they have accepted the refund but its pending do u know how long that will take to be back in my wallet will it be back in before 34 hours?

No clue.  I've had refunds completed within hours and refunds that took a week.  I would guess there's less staff to handle these things on the weekend.

Just now, PineyCreek said:

No clue.  I've had refunds completed within hours and refunds that took a week.

wait it says available in 24 hours so does that mean i will get it in 24 hours?

Ive gotten a refund on a game that I had for more than 2 weeks, but less than 2 hours of gameplay

Black and white it need to be at most  2 hours of gametime or 2 week of owner ship but i've refunded WRC 7 FIA with 4 hours of gametime and almosts 3 weeks of ownership. 

It will ask if you want to convert it to your steam wallet or refund it back to your bank account, former is faster.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

18 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Black and white it need to be at most  2 hours of gametime or 2 week of owner ship but i've refunded WRC 7 FIA with 4 hours of gametime and almosts 3 weeks of ownership. 

It will ask if you want to convert it to your steam wallet or refund it back to your bank account, former is faster.

what is faster?

39 minutes ago, Jackson Hens said:

what is faster?

Faster if  you convert the money to your steam wallet compare to refund it back into your bank account. If you wanna use it to buy another game i suggest convert it to your steam wallet.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |