2400G at 4.5ghz Spotted in 3d mark

Space Reptile
1 minute ago, Space Reptile said:

yea , extreme overclockers usually disable a chip down to like one or 2 cores to get the max out of it 

I wonder if this still applies to ryzen with it's 4 core clusters. I mean would the fact that it's two separate 4 core clusters linked together give the 8 core the same overclocking potential as a 4 core cpu because it is kinda like 2 4 core cpus connected together?

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

I wonder if this still applies to ryzen with it's 4 core clusters. I mean would the fact that it's two separate 4 core clusters linked together give the 8 core the same overclocking potential as a 4 core cpu because it is kinda like 2 4 core cpus connected together?

you can individually disable cores afaik , down to only one core or 2 (one per ccx) 
but yea almost all zens overclock the same 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

14 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

yea , extreme overclockers usually disable a chip down to like one or 2 cores to get the max out of it 

Only for single threaded benches.

On 2/10/2018 at 3:42 AM, Coaxialgamer said:

What I'm wondering is if AMD used an updated version of their 14nm process or if they're using the exact same manufacturing tech as ryzen. 

They did say Zen+ would have improvements to clock speed by moving to 12nm, and in a press release earlier they said they were targeting some easy wins for improvement tweaks with Zen+.

29 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

They did say Zen+ would have improvements to clock speed by moving to 12nm, and in a press release earlier they said they were targeting some easy wins for improvement tweaks with Zen+.

this isn't zen+ though . this is plain Zen.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

18 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

OH GOD THAT GUYS VOICE 

Bildergebnis für puke emoji

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

48 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

OH GOD THAT GUYS VOICE 

Bildergebnis für puke emoji

i dont see anything wrong with his voice

he honest with the review

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

2 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

i dont see anything wrong with his voice

he honest with the review

after a few minutes i got used to it but man that intro , whew 
yea the data is data , nothing wrong w/ that 

PSU Tier list

Game testing between the two should be interesting. While the 2400G is a better CPU, early firestrike results show extremely close results between the 2200G & 2400G. This isn't surprising as while the 2400G has more CUs, there's a big bottleneck issue. Still, minus PUBG and Ghost Recon: Wildlands, it seems pretty much everything is going to be playable at either 1080p Medium for mainline games or some 720p variation for high-end Triple A games. That's still dang impressive.

Only somewhat related, but those upcoming 100w Intel NUCs with the 20 CU Vega GPU & 2 Gb of HBM2 might be kind of impressive. 

15 hours ago, cj09beira said:

its not though its basically zen+ on 14nm

And zen + is zen 1 . The only thing that defines zen+ is the 12nm process.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

2 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

And zen + is zen 1 . The only thing that defines zen+ is the 12nm process.

its not, its the better imc, refined boost algo and some general tweaks