Now even YouTube isn't safe from cryptocurrency miners

Murasaki
3 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

Personally speaking I even disable hardware acceleration for my Firefox, getting paranoid already to a degree :P

Not enough scripts to keep us all safe and ad free lately.

What would disabling hardware acceleration do?

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

12 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

What would disabling hardware acceleration do?

Would prevent Firefox as a software having control over my GPU to use it's CUDA Acceleration, say by any chance I run across these mining shading thingy it won't be able to use my GPU's power only the CPU... but truth be told only reason I disable it is because bothered me the GPU clock speeds ramping up whenever I opened my browser :P

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

20 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Multiple ad-blockers is actually pretty bad for performance all around. They'll try to compete with each other. Best to get 1 blocker with a ton of filter lists (still slows it down a bit, but not nearly as much)

After install uBlock, I have adblock plus diabled. Seems to work fine at this moment.

18 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Would prevent Firefox as a software having control over my GPU to use it's CUDA Acceleration, say by any chance I run across these mining shading thingy it won't be able to use my GPU's power only the CPU... but truth be told only reason I disable it is because bothered me the GPU clock speeds ramping up whenever I opened my browser :P

I can agree with this. No need to have my GPU clock to 1000 MHz when having my browser open.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

16 hours ago, Deli said:

After install uBlock, I have adblock plus diabled. Seems to work fine at this moment.

I was also running adblocker and adblocker plus. Gonna see how switching to just ublock does. (Technically Ublock origin, not sure if there's a difference)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

god damm it 

and its not like I want to quit using YouTube but wall technically a view from me isn't a lot of profit at all

I would personally like to have adblock off on youtube.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:55 PM, potoooooooo said:

You're a dumbass if you're not using some sort of ad blocker or script blocker at this point

Well color me a dumbass.... On one of my computers, I have no adblocker, scriptblocker, or mineblocker. I surf the web on it, watch youtube, check news sites, etc. I haven't had a single problem and I'm not just saying that.

Not to say it wont happen. Its not happening often enough to necessarily warrant additional software when someone is doing mundane things.

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work

3 minutes ago, PCMasterDebater said:

Well color me a dumbass.... On one of my computers, I have no adblocker, scriptblocker, or mineblocker. I surf the web on it, watch youtube, check news sites, etc. I haven't had a single problem and I'm not just saying that.

Not to say it wont happen. Its not happening often enough to necessarily warrant additional software when someone is doing mundane things.

You dont get it do you? 9_9 You dont have to visit any sketchy sites, these malicious ads can appear literally on any site, IMO this is big enough of a threat to take measures against them. So yes, you are in fact a dumbass....

Just now, jagdtigger said:

You dont get it do you? 9_9 You dont have to visit any sketchy sites, these malicious ads can appear literally on any site, IMO this is big enough of a threat to take measures against them. So yes, you are in fact a dumbass....

Oh please. Assuming this computer was important I would agree with you.  Personally I enough computers if this one was taken over by viruses, malware, ransomware, miners, ads or anything else you can think of. I'll simply wipe the drive and reinstall windows. Have you forgotten how easy it is to start from scratch when you have nothing on a SSD?

Lets not assume it always matters    :P

1 minute ago, PCMasterDebater said:

Oh please. Assuming this computer was important I would agree with you.  Personally I enough computers if this one was taken over by viruses, malware, ransomware, miners, ads or anything else you can think of. I'll simply wipe the drive and reinstall windows. Have you forgotten how easy it is to start from scratch when you have nothing on a SSD?

Well do you login to sites? Enter personal info? Credit cards? If so and that PC is a throw away with no protection, then you are just asking for your identity to be stolen or accounts hacked. 

Malicious software nowadays is not mean to be resource heavy to lower risk of the user knowing (except crypto of course)  so you think your PC might be fine but is loaded with malware and keyloggers. 

2 minutes ago, PCMasterDebater said:

So you wont be upset if you get a ransom ware and loose all your stuff? 9_9 And what if your infection spreads to the entire LAN, or it will e-mail itself through you logged in e-mail account to anyone in you address book? Guess how lightly they will take it...

Your retarded thinking is part of the reason why big botnets exist...

On 1/29/2018 at 11:35 AM, mynameisjuan said:

Well do you login to sites? Enter personal info? Credit cards? If so and that PC is a throw away with no protection, then you are just asking for your identity to be stolen or accounts hacked. 

Malicious software nowadays is not mean to be resource heavy to lower risk of the user knowing (except crypto of course)  so you think your PC might be fine but is loaded with malware and keyloggers. 

Sure do. Amazon, Facebook, and so much more. What do you think they will get if they get my CC? What max it out and drain my accounts? Its all protected by my bank and federally insured... Drain away Sir. I'll have my money back in 15 minutes or less. 

Keylog the shit out of it if you want.

On 1/29/2018 at 11:43 AM, jagdtigger said:

So you wont be upset if you get a ransom ware and loose all your stuff? 9_9 And what if your infection spreads to the entire LAN, or it will e-mail itself through you logged in e-mail account to anyone in you address book? Guess how lightly they will take it...

Your retarded thinking is part of the reason why big botnets exist...

You're still assuming....   ;)

What are they going to get?

My email account? nothing on it

Address book? nothing saved to it

CC? Go for it

Bank account? federally protected

My taxes? Good luck

Facebook? Nothing is accurate

Find where I live? That's public information

My phone number? I have 10's of thousands of business cards with my name, address, phone number already out there 

Social Security? That's why I have lawyers

GG

I place my fears where they need to be:

Will I get re-ended by a passed out person whom recently ingested heroin?

Will the grocery store run out of ribeyes?

Will I have enough beer when I get home tonight?

28 minutes ago, PCMasterDebater said:

Sure do. Amazon, Facebook, and so much more. What do you think they will get if they get my CC? What max it out and drain my accounts? Its all protected by my bank and federally insured... Drain away Sir. I'll have my money back in 15 minutes or less. 

Keylog the shit out of it if you want.

You're so oblivious to what people can do with accounts I am literally speechless....This is ignorance at its max

22 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

11 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

I'm baffled that you guys think adblockers, script blockers, mineblockers are going to save you from malicious acts. Guess what? They are not infallible.

A Malicious person can get more from a trash can then you can get from a computer.

Thanks for being concerned for my accounts though!   :)

18 minutes ago, PCMasterDebater said:

I'm baffled that you guys think adblockers, script blockers, mineblockers are going to save you from malicious acts. Guess what? They are not infallible.

We are not saying they block them completely but they stop it at the main point of attack nowadays. 

Its you blatant ignorance of "go a head steal it" that blows my mind. I hope they login your FB and post illegal things or harass someone, I hope they use your CC locking it making you miss a important payment, or login to your email and either spread something malicous or if its your android email, login, grab contact, google photos....etc. 

It can be all avoided with AV and ublock. Its not like we are saying be paranoid about it, 2 fucking simple steps to save time and money. 

Lol this is hilarious and so clever!  

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

I was just removing youtube from my adblock list the past month, guess I have a reason to add it again then.

uBlock Origin. :x

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx