Just bought a ps4.

dukenukems

I just bought a ps4 and it will be arriving in a few days.What are some good fighting and rpg games for it?I also assume that games are region free just like they were for ps3 so i am fine with buying japanese games too.

"You walked into the wrong neighborhood, motherf#cker!"

Persona 5, Nioh, Nier: Automata, and Bloodborne get my votes.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

digimon world next order

nier automata

tales of berseria

megadimension neptunia

nights of azure 1+2

final fantasy 15

cyberdimension neptunia

Tales of Zestiria

Sword Art Online Hollow Realization ( < best sao game by far )

Sword Art Online Lost Song

Sword Art Online RE: Hollow Fragment

Omega quintet

toukiden kiwawi

toukiden 2

valkyria revolution

dead or alive

tekken 7

(◑‿◐)

Horizon Zero Dawn is pretty awesome, so is Uncharted 4 but The Last of Us is my favorite game of all time, absolutely amazing story.  

Check out the Yakuza series if you like fighting games. Well, I guess it is more of a brawler series but it does have RPG elements as well. The first game in the series was just remastered last year so you can start at the beginning.

I would check out the Danganronpa series. You can get the main releases (not sure about Ultra Despair Girls) on PS4. It isn't really an RPG but it seems like the type of game a Japanese RPG gamer would enjoy. I personally love the series.

Check out the remasters of Final Fantasy X, X-2, and Type-0. Great games.

Blue Reflection is a new one that came out a few months ago and is pretty fun. It is quite different and has a much slower paced story that focuses on a bunch of high school girls' personal relationships. It's really interesting. The combat isn't anything special, maybe even a bit simple, but it's enough to keep you engaged.

If I had to pick the top 5 console exclusives I have played on PS4:

1. Bloodborne - This is the game of the decade to me. It's like a Dark Souls game but faster paced and less forgiving since you don't have shields. It encourages really aggressive play by allowing you to recover health lost through counter attacks within a short window of time after getting hit.

2. NieR Automata - This is a really cool action RPG with the kind of fast paced combat you'd expect from something developed (partly) by Platinum games. I has a really wild JRPG storyline like you'd expect out of any Yoko Taro game. But unlike every other Yoko Taro game, this one wasn't developed on a shoestring budget, so it has top notch gameplay to complement Yoko Taro's top notch writing. It also has the best original soundtrack I have ever heard in a game.

3. Persona 5 - This is probably my favorite turn based RPG since Fallout 2 or Chrono Trigger. You're playing in two worlds: one of them being a life simulator as a high school student where you're trying to get good grades and build relationships with people and another where you're dungeon crawling with really interesting turn based combat. The demon negotiation adds a lot to the standard physical attack / magic / heal / guard choices in turn based RPGs. The art style is spectacular and the soundtrack is really strong too.

4. Horizon Zero Dawn - This plays kind of like a third person Far Cry game if it was developed by a much more talented studio. It has some pretty deep combat thanks to the machines you're fighting having vulnerabilities that can be exploited if you target the correct body part with the right ammo. You can set traps, you can go guns blazing, you can play with stealth, sometimes you can rip weapons off your enemies' bodies and use them against them. It's also really impressive graphically and has a strong storyline.

5. The Last of Us - Many would say this is the greatest story ever told in gaming; for me it's tied with Fallout 2 and NieR Gestalt on story (I can't pick a favorite between the three there). It's actually a reasonably hard game if you don't turn the difficulty down due to the lack of resources, and requires you to be stealthy or you'll be killed in a second.

If you have a gaming PC with a strong gpu (lets say RX 470 or better) than NieR Automata is definitely better on PC. If you don't and this is your first system for playing current gen games I'd probably leave the top 3 as they are and put GTA V at #4 and The Witcher 3 at #5, ahead of Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last of Us.

On 12/30/2017 at 5:19 AM, dukenukems said:

I just bought a ps4 and it will be arriving in a few days.What are some good fighting and rpg games for it?I also assume that games are region free just like they were for ps3 so i am fine with buying japanese games too.

Congrats friend! I hope that you have a good time with ps4

-Peraona 5 best characters you'll ever see

-Uncharted 4/the lost legacy best graphics you've ever seen

-All notable fighting games are available on pc too

-If you can get on with cinematic style games and like making decisions all the time go for beyond and heavy rain collection it's awesome

-the order 1886 an under-rated game but looks great with those graphics

-The witcher 3/fallout 4 of you haven't tried them yet

-Bloodborne, Best ps4 exclusive in theoric story, not telling it though

-Nioh if you don't have the pc version

And I know this one is completely different from what you like but please do consider RESOGUN, it's somewhat a platformer i strongly recommend it

I have received the ps4 yesterday and am enjoying it so far.Any one know some good indie or very low cost games that are also small file sizes that i could get from the ps store?I have downloaded death stalker.My only use of internet is through my 5gb hotspot from t-mobile on my unlimited plan and after that it goes down to 112kb/s but data on my phone stays at high speed.

I play a lot of RPGs, so I restricted myself to 5 games of different types. Unless you already got them on another platform,

RPGs

Nioh - action Souls-like

Persona 5 - turn-based JRPG

The Witcher 3 - open world

Dragon Age Inquisition (controversial pick xD) - tactical

Final Fantasy VII (or IX) - retro

Fighting

Tekken 7 - the only one I've put much time in; not really my genre

Guilty Gear Xrd - there are several versions. I presume the latest is the way to go

Injustice 2 - I haven't played but I hear the story mode is cool

Indies/small games

Cosmic Star Heroine - turned-based RPG

Resogun - side scrolling shooter

Geometry Wars - twin-stick shooter

Journey - an experience!

YS VIII

Tekken 7

TLOU

Uncharted

Bloodbourne

Raiden V

FF XII

On 1/3/2018 at 3:55 PM, dukenukems said:

I have received the ps4 yesterday and am enjoying it so far.Any one know some good indie or very low cost games that are also small file sizes that i could get from the ps store?I have downloaded death stalker.My only use of internet is through my 5gb hotspot from t-mobile on my unlimited plan and after that it goes down to 112kb/s but data on my phone stays at high speed.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is an amazing game that's currently on sale for $29.99 and is a 3.54GB download.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0177-CUSA05083_00-ODINSPHERELE0000

Journey is 2.51 GB and is pretty critically acclaimed. It's only about 3 hours long and I think it's overrated, though still a good game and it's on sale for $7.49.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA00694_00-JOURNEYPS4061115

Though Bloodborne is $20 physical pretty much everywhere you go. I don't remember how big the patch is for it but you absolutely want it because load times are terrible without it. It's easily best game on PS4 IMO (pretty much a given since I consider it the game of the decade). NieR Automata is $30 at Gamestop and is also amazing, and The Last of Us Remastered is $20 for the physical copy everywhere you go, though every once in a while Gamestop will put it on sale for $10.

World of Tanks. 

That actually runs and looks better than on PC due to the different teams developing the same game on each platform. :D 

3 hours ago, Nedkely said:

World of Tanks. 

That actually runs and looks better than on PC due to the different teams developing the same game on each platform. :D 

When the new 1.0 version of WOT comes out for PC it will have the better graphics. But for the moment yeah, console is better.

If i get bloodborne i will just play it unpatched and just deal with the load times.I have noticed that if i pause a download on the ps4 and then resume it later the download will restart from the very beginning instead of where itg is when paused,is there any way around this?

EDIT: shit, nevermind what I wrote previously in this post, as the edition I posted requires a UK PSN account for playing the DLC

12 hours ago, dukenukems said:

If i get bloodborne i will just play it unpatched and just deal with the load times.I have noticed that if i pause a download on the ps4 and then resume it later the download will restart from the very beginning instead of where itg is when paused,is there any way around this?

Was your download speed 112 Kilo Byte per second or 112 Kilo Bit per second? If the former you could just buy the complete edition of Bloodborne in digital format off the PSN Store (it's currently $17.45 which is an amazing deal since the DLC alone is $20 and never goes on sale) and leave your PS4 on for three days straight to download it. If it's 112 Kilo Bit per second that's more than a three week download though.

That sucks you can't resume. Pausing download functionality was supposed to have been added in firmware 2.00. Have you tried updating your PS4 to the latest firmware? What firmware are you currently on? You should try contacting the Playstation Tech Support chat. They were pretty helpful when I had problems with Playstation stuff before.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/corporate/contactus/

i let the ps4 download the latest firmware,paused downloads still will only resume from the very beginning.I have dark souls 3 on pc and i like it:).I also have just ordered last of us remastered:).My throttled mobile hotspot speed through t-mobile would end up being the 3 week speed version after i use up the 5 gigs of high speed.I may just buy bloodborne and deal with the long load times if the game is a very good one.

I am patiently awaiting the release of the last of us 2.  My PS4 get used mainly as a media center more than gaming.