Asus NovaGo TP370QL: Win10 on Snapdragon

NumLock21
30 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Then why would I buy this?

Battery life. Also, if anyone cares, throw Android on it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

12 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

iOS is not even comparable to full Windows.

still 100 times that a crippled OS like win10S and better performing than this thing trying to emulate x86

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

5 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

still 100 times that a crippled OS like win10S and better performing than this thing trying to emulate x86

100 times huh? Data analysis at it's best. 

10 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

100 times huh? Data analysis at it's best. 

the same data analysis that pushes MS to release bad products like this one in an attempt to one up Apple in the tablet market without understanding what pushes people toward them and fail miserably in the process 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

23 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Wow.....iOS a 100x better than windows 10....ha.....haha...thanks for making my day. 

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

Wow.....iOS a 100x better than windows 10....ha.....haha...thanks for making my day. 

windows 10S + crippled performance due to emulation + high price tag = you can bet your ass an iPad is a overhaul better product than this crap

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

windows 10S + crippled performance due to emulation + high price tag = you can bet your ass an iPad is a overhaul better product than this crap

Ok on your defense I didnt catch the "S". I thought you were talking actual windows. Performance is actually quite good but the problem is lack of anything to run.

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

Ok on your defense I didnt catch the "S". I thought you were talking actual windows. 

on arm, i'd say the same thing for base windows due to how bad these benchmark look and the fact that they ask 600$ for it. 

Now replace the snapdragon with say an m5/7 and the table would flip (as long as win10S is not the OS it ships with)

2 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

Performance is actually quite good but the problem is lack of anything to run.

Ehm... It's like 1/5 of the performance of similarly priced i5 laptops.

Performance is horrible in these benchmarks. Absolutely abysmal.

6 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

First thing they did immediately when getting that laptop was upgrade to Windows 10 Professional, which is a limited time free upgrade. All of the benchmarks you see is from Windows 10 Pro not Windows 10 Pro S.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

6 hours ago, Matu20 said:

iOS is not even comparable to full Windows.

If only UWP apps are in the same quality as iOS apps but unfortunately not. UWP Netflix for instance takes a long time to play movies despite my 20/20 fiber connection and even the ones stored for offline playback takes some time to playback. The iOS Netflix apps buffers less, loads videos way faster either online or offline. I can't even find many VPN vendors on the Windows Store. Compare that to the many VPN apps for iOS/Android.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

11 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

If only UWP apps are in the same quality as iOS apps but unfortunately not. UWP Netflix for instance takes a long time to play movies despite my 20/20 fiber connection and even the ones stored for offline playback takes some time to playback. The iOS Netflix apps buffers less, loads videos way faster either online or offline. I can't even find many VPN vendors on the Windows Store. Compare that to the many VPN apps for iOS/Android.

UWP sucks ass, I'm not disputing that, but you can use a full fledged Windows on this.

Only way to sell me on this would be if it was actually thinner than normal ultrabooks already are with increased battery life at the same time.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

On 11/12/2017 at 11:40 AM, LAwLz said:

Where in the article do they say they only ran the benchmarks once and reported that number?

They specifically say they ran the Cinebench one several times and the results did not change very much.

Ah that's true, I missed that line. I guess we can only hope that production drivers and further tweaks to the compiler will help. Perhaps the performance uplift only comes after a full restart of the application?

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering

I doubt anybody would buy an ARM notebook for it's x86 performance. This is for people who would like a Chrome OS machine but need to run non-performance-critical Windows software.

1 hour ago, N0rm said:

I doubt anybody would buy an ARM notebook for it's x86 performance. This is for people who would like a Chrome OS machine but need to run non-performance-critical Windows software.

Yes, but people buy Chromebooks because they are cheap.

This thing is 600 dollars. If you want to run Windows software why not go for a much higher performing i5 laptop for the same price? Besides, this laptop comes with Windows 10S, so you can't run most Windows programs unless you upgrade the OS, which will cost money too (the free upgrade is a limited time deal).

On 12/11/2017 at 3:11 PM, dizmo said:

I can't help but think...why.

More choices for the consumer.

Also, I know for a fact that 99% of the computers here at work are glorified email machines, that send HTTPS requests to a beefy server that do the heavy work should they do anything that isn't email.

Throw in a good EMM/MDM solution and you have the perfect 'who cares if you lose it' system. 

And I'm sure pricing will get corrected if no-one buys them.

1 hour ago, Blake said:

More choices for the consumer.

Also, I know for a fact that 99% of the computers here at work are glorified email machines, that send HTTPS requests to a beefy server that do the heavy work should they do anything that isn't email.

Throw in a good EMM/MDM solution and you have the perfect 'who cares if you lose it' system. 

Except it's expensive. So. Not really a good choice for a throw away system. A Chromebook would be substantially cheaper and do the same thing.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Except it's expensive. So. Not really a good choice for a throw away system. A Chromebook would be substantially cheaper and do the same thing.

There is something called "business requirements". It's the reason a lot of executives get given iPads. and thous iPads get put into desk drawers never to be seen again.

Also keep in mind that the snapdragon 835 is used in phones (then compare the prices to that - Samsung s8 etc etc), basically your paying for a phone with windows instead of android + a different case/battery/screen.

1 hour ago, Blake said:

There is something called "business requirements". It's the reason a lot of executives get given iPads. and thous iPads get put into desk drawers never to be seen again.

Also keep in mind that the snapdragon 835 is used in phones (then compare the prices to that - Samsung s8 etc etc), basically your paying for a phone with windows instead of android + a different case/battery/screen.

Errrm...you can't really compare pricing to phones, nor is i really relevant to a different product. You can have phones that cost $400 with an SD835, all the way up to $1,100.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red