Notification sound

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

That issue sounds like it's probably something to do with your browser or speakers I'm afraid - it works fine for me and nobody else has reported it that I've seen.

On 10/11/2017 at 2:32 PM, L.Lawliet said:

What notification sounds? i am using chromium and never heard it

If you have notification sounds enabled in your notification settings, there should be a sound when you have an ltt tab open and receive a notification or PM.

There is this weird sound since the whole new facelift/upgrade of this forum where the notification sound sounds like the audio is being sent through water and then being heard through the water bubbles as they pop

or sensible explanation would be sounding like peaking audio

Am I the only one?

I was ignoring it for the past couple of months hoping it solves itself but it still remains strangely 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

20 hours ago, L.Lawliet said:

Weird, I think it's the desktop notification that is enabled 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

16 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

I did enabled/disabled it but never heard of the noise u mentioned.

Weirdly enough I just heard a notification come in which sounded fine, my chrome updated yesterday hmmm

I'll have to confirm when I open LTT again

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

That issue sounds like it's probably something to do with your browser or speakers I'm afraid - it works fine for me and nobody else has reported it that I've seen.

On 10/11/2017 at 2:32 PM, L.Lawliet said:

If you have notification sounds enabled in your notification settings, there should be a sound when you have an ltt tab open and receive a notification or PM.

HTTP/2 203

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:32 PM, L.Lawliet said:

On mobile it also doesn't play any sound. It just pauses whatever music I'm playing :dry:

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

20 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

I just gone ahead and disabled it, I feel like it stopped happening after I made this post. Issue is everytime I get home and open up ltt I forget that my speaker has this power saving mode which result in no sound as it turns back on after receiving audio thus I end up getting no sound on the forum

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

16 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

For me at least, the noise is the sound of tapping on the bottom of a pringles can, which is fine with me.

pringles-potato-chips-can-3d-model-vt3he8Ixi_200.jpg.f27cc85b6a2bb2cb83fccdda17d85135.jpg

Latest version of google chrome.

I turned it back on and will report back if it fixed itself this weekend

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

On 11/12/2017 at 5:37 PM, colonel_mortis said:

Strangely it's perfectly fine now, I am glad the problem got fixed somehow. I am guessing it's probably the update from few days back

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD