Need review and opinion on this white build

Hello, I am new into building PC. Before this I do some study myself and pick the parts below, I hope can can get your opinion and review on my build before I complete it (detail question at the end). This is my first build xD

1. Budget & Location

Location: Vietnam (All price and money in this post are preference from local store and convert into USD)

Budget: around 2000$

2. Aim

Mainly use for listening to music, gaming, movie, store data, download and torrent

Some game I intended to play on this system: BF1, Nier Automata, GtaV, Titanfall 2, World of warships,OW, etc...

3. Monitors

1 Dell Ultrasharp 25" U2515H. Reason for picking this monitor because I have a chance to use this monitor before and really like it although some spec of this monitor is not suitable for gaming (refresh rate, etc...)

4. Build parts

The reason for these parts is I want a White theme build and personally like Galax and NZXT.

Detail parts on PC part picker

Note: The GPU I going to use in this build is Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC White (Cant find it on PC part picker so i just picked EXOC normal version)

5. Question

1. Is there any bottle neck or unsuitable part in my build ?
  2. Is a 650W PSU is enough or I have to go for 850W ?
  3. My first option for VGA is Galax GTX 1070 EXOC Sniper White. But because all shop here is out of stock and there is no info about when will new VGA is available to buy so I think I'll go for 1080 ? Is this waste of money or you guys think I should wait for new batch of 1070 ?
  4. Should I choose the Galax 1080 HOF 8GB 3 Fan over this card, I kinda worry HOF is a little bit too big for this Nzxt case

Any other recommend or opinion out of the questions above are welcome, hope you guys can help me with my first build.:D

The gtx 1080 would be a good choice still if you are gaming at 1440p 60hz because you will be able to game at that resolution and refresh rate for quite some time with no compromises. The gtx 1070 is good for 1440p 60hz now but on a few years that may very well change.

I dont see RAM anywhere in there

You can get a whiter mobo than that

PSU color wont matter in that case because the basement blocks it

I'd be wary about that cable kit. A, it says female to female but shows photos of female to male. B, I know wiring can sometimes differ in terms of pin layout, but that might only be for the PSU side and not the end where you'd actually plug in the cable. C, these will add significantly more cables into your case which will make cable management more of a pain in the ass. My suggestion would to get a full replacement for the power supply you choose from a site like CableMod, you can get a full replacement kit for that PSU for $85 from them I believe

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

27 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I dont see RAM anywhere in there

PSU color wont matter in that case because the basement blocks it

I'd be wary about that cable kit. A, it says female to female but shows photos of female to male. B, I know wiring can sometimes differ in terms of pin layout, but that might only be for the PSU side and not the end where you'd actually plug in the cable. C, these will add significantly more cables into your case which will make cable management more of a pain in the ass. My suggestion would to get a full replacement for the power supply you choose from a site like CableMod, you can get a full replacement kit for that PSU for $85 from them I believe

Hi, the RAM I choose is Galax HOF 16GB 92x8GB) DDR4-3200.

About the cable kit, it is female to male (maybe something wrong on pc part picker because i import infor from amazon).

Anyway, thank you

5 minutes ago, Lucas1805 said:

Hi, the RAM I choose is Galax HOF 16GB 92x8GB) DDR4-3200.

About the cable kit, it is female to male (maybe something wrong on pc part picker because i import infor from amazon).

Anyway, thank you

No problem just making sure, also:

52 minutes ago, Lucas1805 said:

I kinda worry HOF is a little bit too big for this Nzxt case

The caae supports GPU's up to 334mm long with a RAD in the front, and the HOF 1080 is 317mm from what i can tell from online. So it would fit

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

No problem just making sure, also:

The caae supports GPU's up to 334mm long with a RAD in the front, and the HOF 1080 is 317mm from what i can tell from online. So it would fit

It would be fine with Kraken X62 on the front but without the bracket (and the HOF support stick), I'm worry that it will bend the card after a long time with no additional support, and I prefer the appearance EXOC Sniper version of so i think I'll just go for EXOC version :P

1 hour ago, Lucas1805 said:

Hello, I am new into building PC. Before this I do some study myself and pick the parts below, I hope can can get your opinion and review on my build before I complete it (detail question at the end). This is my first build xD

1. Budget & Location

Location: Vietnam (All price and money in this post are preference from local store and convert into USD)

Budget: around 2000$

2. Aim

Mainly use for listening to music, gaming, movie, store data, download and torrent

Some game I intended to play on this system: BF1, Nier Automata, GtaV, Titanfall 2, World of warships,OW, etc...

3. Monitors

1 Dell Ultrasharp 25" U2515H. Reason for picking this monitor because I have a chance to use this monitor before and really like it although some spec of this monitor is not suitable for gaming (refresh rate, etc...)

4. Build parts

The reason for these parts is I want a White theme build and personally like Galax and NZXT.

Detail parts on PC part picker

Note: The VGA I going to use in this build is Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC White (Cant find it on PC part picker so i just picked EXOC normal version)

5. Question

1. Is there any bottle neck or unsuitable part in my build ?
  2. Is a 650W PSU is enough or I have to go for 850W ?
  3. My first option for VGA is Galax GTX 1070 EXOC Sniper White. But because all shop here is out of stock and there is no info about when will new VGA is available to buy so I think I'll go for 1080 ? Is this waste of money or you guys think I should wait for new batch of 1070 ?
  4. Should I choose the Galax 1080 HOF 8GB 3 Fan over this card, I kinda worry HOF is a little bit too big for this Nzxt case

Any other recommend or opinion out of the questions above are welcome, hope you guys can help me with my first build.:D

650w is enough i do not think any gpu will still use vga if it did vga will be bottlenecked use DVI if possible use the first gpu. Also one more thing what part of vietnam are you in I just came back from visiting ba ngoai.

12 minutes ago, Brinvasion said:

650w is enough i do not think any gpu will still use vga if it did vga will be bottlenecked use DVI if possible use the first gpu. Also one more thing what part of vietnam are you in I just came back from visiting ba ngoai.

I'm pretty sure when he said VGA he meant GPU

11 hours ago, Brinvasion said:

650w is enough i do not think any gpu will still use vga if it did vga will be bottlenecked use DVI if possible use the first gpu. Also one more thing what part of vietnam are you in I just came back from visiting ba ngoai

Sorry for confusing you by using the word VGA, i mean GPU. That is my bad habit for calling GPU by VGA, sorry

Btw I'm in Ho Chi Minh City :D

@TVwazhere I was thinking to change the GPU to Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB and the mainboard to MSI Z270 MPOWER Titanium to reduce the cost but still keep the black and white theme (the rest of the budget will be used for buying games). What do u think about this ? 

On 8/19/2017 at 10:26 AM, Lucas1805 said:

@TVwazhere I was thinking to change the GPU to Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB and the mainboard to MSI Z270 MPOWER Titanium to reduce the cost but still keep the black and white theme (the rest of the budget will be used for buying games). What do u think about this ? 

Since you're only doing 1440p 60hz a 1080 should be plenty to run all your games at high settings. The Board itself is a little on the expensive side but it's got a metric butt-ton of features and it looks awesome so price might be justified a little bit. I'm personally not a fan of that card especially since it has orange stickers or lights (I cant tell which it is) as I feel like it doesnt truly match the color scheme other than being mostly black, which so many cards fill that requirement.

16 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Since you're only doing 1440p 60hz a 1080 should be plenty to run all your games at high settings. The Board itself is a little on the expensive side but it's got a metric butt-ton of features and it looks awesome so price might be justified a little bit. I'm personally not a fan of that card especially since it has orange stickers or lights (I cant tell which it is) as I feel like it doesnt truly match the color scheme other than being mostly black, which so many cards fill that requirement.

All Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB is out of stock here, I think I'll try to search for EVGA GTX 1080Ti Founders Edition then. Do you have any experience with this GPU ? I read that the problem with them is high temperature, if i playing game in air conditioning room then it's will be no problem right ?

2 hours ago, Lucas1805 said:

All Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB is out of stock here, I think I'll try to search for EVGA GTX 1080Ti Founders Edition then. Do you have any experience with this GPU ? I read that the problem with them is high temperature, if i playing game in air conditioning room then it's will be no problem right ?

If it's a founders edition, it will look like this:

Image result for 1080ti FE

regardless of the manufacturer[Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Zotac, etc] (Super bright green LED logo on the front)

If you're looking at EVGA's SC 1080ti, it will look like this

Related image

Which fits your color scheme much better and has significantly less LED lights on the card (the logo is white so thats good) this card is pretty decent, not as good as the FTW version in terms of cooling and noise but still a good step up from the Founders Edition

That the 1080TI though, the EVGA 1080 FTW looks like this

big_evga-1080-sc-5.jpg.jpg

Cooling wise it functions the same as the 1080ti but slightly better thermals because the 1080 isnt as hot as the 1080ti. This is the card you've probably heard at one point had issues with heat, but those problems were fixed last year (It was a VRM issue, the thermal pads were bad but EVGA has fixed production since then)

On 8/21/2017 at 7:32 PM, TVwazhere said:

If it's a founders edition, it will look like this:

Image result for 1080ti FE

regardless of the manufacturer[Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Zotac, etc] (Super bright green LED logo on the front)

If you're looking at EVGA's SC 1080ti, it will look like this

Related image

Which fits your color scheme much better and has significantly less LED lights on the card (the logo is white so thats good) this card is pretty decent, not as good as the FTW version in terms of cooling and noise but still a good step up from the Founders Edition

That the 1080TI though, the EVGA 1080 FTW looks like this

big_evga-1080-sc-5.jpg.jpg

Cooling wise it functions the same as the 1080ti but slightly better thermals because the 1080 isnt as hot as the 1080ti. This is the card you've probably heard at one point had issues with heat, but those problems were fixed last year (It was a VRM issue, the thermal pads were bad but EVGA has fixed production since then)

Because a slightly reducing in budget, i'm now taking the EVGA GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 (link below) as my best option now. But because the EVGA is quite not popular in my country and i tried to search for review on youtube but only see the review for other version (FTW, SC) than this version. So if I can have your opinion about this GPU it would be great.

Sorry for asking too much, thank you so much for your suggestion and opinion as always

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-6181-KR

4 hours ago, Lucas1805 said:

Because a slightly reducing in budget, i'm now taking the EVGA GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 (link below) as my best option now. But because the EVGA is quite not popular in my country and i tried to search for review on youtube but only see the review for other version (FTW, SC) than this version. So if I can have your opinion about this GPU it would be great.

Sorry for asking too much, thank you so much for your suggestion and opinion as always

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-6181-KR

This regular edition is exactly the same as the SC, it just doesn't have a factory overclock! So any review you see of the SC will apply to this one as well, it just wont be "as fast" out of the box (though it should be able to be manually OC'd to the same speeds) IMO EVGA makes very good graphics cards and their customer support is second to none. 

On 17/8/2017 at 9:56 AM, TVwazhere said:

Check this mother:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hbGj4D/msi-h270-tomahawk-arctic-atx-lga1151-motherboard-h270-tomahawk-arctic

(You also have the Z270 version if you want to keep the "Z")

CPUIntel Core I7 8700                                                                      Intel Core I5 3570k

Video Card: EVGA SSC - GTX 970 4GB
CPU Cooler: Noctua NHD15S                                                            Cryorig C7 && Intel Stock Cooler

Motherboard:  Asus Prime Z370-A                                                    MSI - Z77A-G45 GAMING
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8 2666Mhz                              Crucial Technology 1x8gb @1666mhz

Monitor: LG 34" 34UC79G 144hz Curved Ultrawide Full-HD FreeSync
Storage: San Disk 240GB SSD 2.5"
Storage: Western Digital 1TB HDD  3.5" 7200rpm

Storage: Western Digital 2TB HDD  3.5" 5400rpm
Case: Corsair 400c White                                                                   Sentey  DS-4237 
Power Supply: Corsair Rm650x Fully Modular 80+ Gold                  Thermaltake 600w Non Modular 80+
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits                                      Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits

If it's striketrough, it means it has been changed :P