RX VEGA Prices Confirmed

BuckGup
3 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

$500 for a 1080 that uses 67% more power? This card needs to be $460 or less to look attractive against the 1080 IMO.

Unless they've fixed the power issue.  We'll find out more once the reviews/benchmarks actually hit.

11 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

Wow, so they actually did deliver 1080 performance at a 1070 price. Maybe my 1700+1070 system I'm building will be a 1700+Vega if the reviews are positive, because I'm willing to trade off the power consumption.

That's not 1070 price, that's 1080 price. Here is a good 1070 for $440:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487265

And a good 1080 for $510:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125880

Unless you're saying the cutdown Vega Air 56 has GTX 1080 performance.

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

God $500 for a 1080 that uses 67% more power? This card needs to be $460 or less to look attractive against the 1080 IMO.

Don't forget you are saving the g-sync tax too

17 minutes ago, mach said:

That only makes sense if you're also buying a monitor.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

16 minutes ago, mach said:

True, but I'm avoiding both GSync and FreeSync until one kills off the other. Hopefully FreeSync wins but I'm not interested in paying to become an early adopter because one of them is going to end up the HD-DVD of this generation.

1 hour ago, Kobz360 said:

I have a feeling it's going to be like Hawaii all over again where Vega 56 (acting as the R9 290) ends up being the better buy than it's fatter brother but I guess we will see.

even with fiji...

the fury x was never better than 980ti

but the fury was better than the 980

1 hour ago, TheRedViper said:

Releasing a card that cost more than a 1 year old card that performs the same.

performance is unknown still

1 hour ago, TheRandomness said:

HBM2 sucks for mining. It gets about 30MH/s and an RX 570/580 can do that with tighter timings and higher clocks.

What about Etheruem that's specifically meant for GPU memory bandwidth?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

16 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

True, but I'm avoiding both GSync and FreeSync until one kills off the other. Hopefully FreeSync wins but I'm not interested in paying to become an early adopter because one of them is going to end up the HD-DVD of this generation.

Calling it right now, that will NEVER happen. Nvidia will hold on the gsync until literally no one, and i mean not a single person on the planet, buys a gsync monitor. Since to many people idolize nvidia and just blindly go with them, it's never going to happen. Because they will go bankrupt before they admit they made something so shitty as g-sync.

I have no signature

8 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

What about Etheruem that's specifically meant for GPU memory bandwidth?

That is for Ethereum mate

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

25 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Well, Only one of the two that possibly can die is G-Sync. The reason is that AMD could never start using G-Sync even if they wanted to, but Nvidia could start using Freesync, they just dont because they want to take more money with G-Sync.

Free sync is the more safe buy.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

4 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

That is for Ethereum mate

That's specifically what I was talking about. Etheruem miners will buy that shit up and most gamers who could afford a top end card won't be able to get one, because HBM yields are still way too low. It was the same issue with the Fury and Fury X

6 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

That's specifically what I was talking about. Etheruem miners will buy that shit up and most gamers who could afford a top end card won't be able to get one, because HBM yields are still way too low. It was the same issue with the Fury and Fury X

Why would they buy it up if you can buy an RX 580 which'll outperform it?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Why would they buy it up if you can buy an RX 580 which'll outperform it?

IIRC, Etheruem is heavy on memory bandwidth, wouldn't the HBM on the Vega outperform the 580 because HBM has higher memory bandwidth?

It's not about core clock speed when it comes to Ethereum. At least that's what a friend of mine told me and he is an amateur Etheruem miner.

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

IIRC, Etheruem is heavy on memory bandwidth, wouldn't the HBM on the Vega outperform the 580 because HBM has higher memory bandwidth?

Some people have already tested it (from pcper iirc) and it got around 30-32MH/s, which a BIOS modded RX 580 can do easily for a fraction of the cost. (Well, for a fraction of the price back then).

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

3 hours ago, Dogeystyle said:

GTX 1070s are £500 right now, MSRP be damned. If these are 1080 level I'm getting one as much as I can get my hands on before someone creates a new cryptocurrency just for RX Vega.

Something up at Amazon. Got an email today and some 1080 Ti's have had some nice price cuts. :D

Vega better launch soon and impress, because these prices are lovely.

WgVPFUc.jpg

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

6 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Something up at Amazon. Got an email today and some 1080 Ti's have had some nice price cuts. :D

What a coincidence.

10 minutes ago, Humbug said:

What a coincidence.

Im looking forward to vega launch. Either I get an AMDumb, or NoVideo.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

21 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Some people have already tested it (from pcper iirc) and it got around 30-32MH/s, which a BIOS modded RX 580 can do easily for a fraction of the cost. (Well, for a fraction of the price back then).

Specifically test the Fury, or the Vega? And that seems odd to me.

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

Specifically test the Fury, or the Vega? And that seems odd to me.

It was the first Vega founders edition video up I think where they were benchmarking it and they decided to test Eth mining. Basically, it's too expensive for the performance when concerning mining. Also, GDDR5X sucks for mining which is why 1080 Tis are still in stock :P Something about latencies, timings, and frequency overall.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

24 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

At half the energy consumption too.

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

It was the first Vega founders edition video up I think where they were benchmarking it and they decided to test Eth mining. Basically, it's too expensive for the performance when concerning mining. Also, GDDR5X sucks for mining which is why 1080 Tis are still in stock :P Something about latencies, timings, and frequency overall.

Seems odd to me.

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

Seems odd to me.

The 1070 is much better at mining than the 1080, which is why the 1070 shot up in price to $500 everywhere a few weeks ago while the 1080 stayed around $500. No idea why GDDR5 is so much better than GDDR5x in mining, but it is or we would have seen the 1080 go way up price and the 1070 stay lower.

4 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

The 1070 is much better at mining than the 1080, which is why the 1070 shot up in price to $500 everywhere a few weeks ago while the 1080 stayed around $500. No idea why GDDR5 is so much better than GDDR5x in mining, but it is or we would have seen the 1080 go way up price and the 1070 stay lower.

There's a guy on the Lv1 Tech (formerly Tek Syndicate) forums who uses like twenty something 1080's for Etheruem mining. He's actually making a profit on it, enough that he can buy a new 1080 every week or two.

Although I think they upped the difficulty of mining a while back and he's now selling them off.