EE-ATX Standoff locations

Back when I got my EE-ATX Super Micro server board I had great difficulty finding the standoff locations to modify a case to use, and never did. Im working on modifying my case now and while I had my board out I thought I'd use my CADD experience to draw up a 1:1 scale template so anyone can use this info. The drawing is on a 18x24 sheet at 1:1 scale so you can print it out (can be printed at Staples for ~$2 in the U.S) and use it as a template.

So I don't have any questions this is just so when people are searching for the same thing I did, they can find this.

Note: If your case fits E-ATX motherboards, there should be no issues modifying it to fit EE-ATX if it doesn't have special features. Mine seems like its gonna fit fine in my Corsair C70 (update: it fits perfect)

pzSLAzl.png

Note: Dimensions should be in mm (millimeters)

EEATX board layout.ipt

EEATX Board Layout.pdf

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Get a peice of paper and draw the stand off locations onto the paper and then but it onto the CAD file

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

1 minute ago, Billy_Mays said:

Get a peice of paper and draw the stand off locations onto the paper and then but it onto the CAD file

what?

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Just now, suchamoneypit said:

what?

Tracing the holes there the screws go into the motherboard on to paper and then measure them out and put the measurements in to the CAD file

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

Tracing the holes there the screws go into the motherboard on to paper and then measure them out and put the measurements in to the CAD file

My post literally has a image of the CADD file I made as well as a PDF and DWG attached to the post for download with exact dimensions. I have all the drawings already. Actually read my post..

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

My post literally has a image of the CADD file I made as well as a PDF and DWG attached to the post for download with exact dimensions. I have all the drawings already. Actually read my post..

I skim over some stuff and what case are you going to do it in or are you making your own case?

5 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

I skim over some stuff and what case are you going to do it in or are you making your own case?

Im planning to modify a Corsair C70 Military Green Case.

2 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Im planning to modify a Corsair C70 Military Green Case.

I dont think it would be able to fit into that

13 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

I skim over some stuff 

but it's only 4 line... not like an essay or smt

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

but it's only 4 line... not like an essay or smt

Yeah I dont pay attention to some stuff which is annoying

This is really good, the only issue is C size (Actually Oversized C sized Paper, as true C size is 17x22") is not common for most printers. I can only do it because I have a 24" roll plotter at work

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

17 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Yeah I dont pay attention to some stuff which is annoying

better to aim and shoot straight, than fire from the hip ;) 

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

Just now, Changis said:

better to aim and shoot straight, than fire from the hip ;) 

Yeah I gotta get doing that more often 

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

Yeah I gotta get doing that more often 

worst case you could cause more damage.. say someone has a lengthy post about having to reinstall and formatting, but you didn't catch the part where he needs to get backup of some files first, and you advice him on how to format the drives without taking backup first.. sure it's a bit of a stretch maybe, but it's better to be 100% sure on what you are answering instead of just assuming you do ;)

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)

4 minutes ago, Changis said:

worst case you could cause more damage.. say someone has a lengthy post about having to reinstall and formatting, but you didn't catch the part where he needs to get backup of some files first, and you advice him on how to format the drives without taking backup first.. sure it's a bit of a stretch maybe, but it's better to be 100% sure on what you are answering instead of just assuming you do ;)

Yeah I wont give any advice on formatting stuff 

3 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Yeah I wont give any advice on formatting stuff 

that was just an example, i meant it generally.. if you keep answering with just  skimming through posts, you'l eventually loose credibility.. better to answer properly than not at all ;)

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Mmm autodesk inventor :D

I started learning CADD on inventor but moved to Solidworks when I started advanced skills and was doing state competition. I found extreme difficultly getting a free student version of Solidworks from Dassault as their website simply didn't work and they ignored several emails and attempt to contact them. Because I couldn't practice with Solidworks at home and my access to solidworks would be lost after a year, I switched back to Inventor which is insanely easy to get for free for students from AutoCAD and with their newer versions that have come out I like the UI a lot so I don't mind using Inventor.

56 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

I dont think it would be able to fit into that

It will, with custom mounted standoffs. Doesn't even interfere with the PSU. Certainly a cozy fit though! The case comes with some plastic standoffs for ATX that I'll have to chop off so they dont interfere with the board though. I don't mind permanently ruining it for regular motherboards because I have no intention of reselling the case.

Just now, suchamoneypit said:

I started learning CADD on inventor but moved to Solidworks when I started advanced skills and was doing state competition. I found extreme difficultly getting a free student version of Solidworks from Dassault as their website simply didn't work and they ignored several emails and attempt to contact them. Because I couldn't practice with Solidworks at home and my access to solidworks would be lost after a year, I switched back to Inventor which is insanely easy to get for free for students from AutoCAD and with their newer versions that have come out I like the UI a lot so I don't mind using Inventor.

I use inventor for my 3D printed stuff. Shame it always exports the STL sideways

I printed out the sheet and there was a couple changes. I've gone through two more revisions now but Revision 3 Revision 4 is the final version and I have confirmed with my board and the templates it is 1:1 scale and the correct dimensions and the original post has been updated with correct files and image.

9 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

Back when I got my EE-ATX Super Micro server board I had great difficulty finding the standoff locations to modify a case to use, and never did. Im working on modifying my case now and while I had my board out I thought I'd use my CADD experience to draw up a 1:1 scale template so anyone can use this info. The drawing is on a 18x24 sheet at 1:1 scale so you can print it out (can be done at Staples for $2 in the U.S) and use it as a template.

So I don't have any questions this is just so when people are searching for the same thing I did, they can find this.

EEATX Board Layout.pdf

EEATX board layout.ipt

your doing the lord's work my friend

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

I'll make a dedicated post for the case mod project but here my board installed :

oKDc38D.jpg

Board laid over my drawing (Perfect line-up on all holes):

FFRQtCD.jpg

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to add a drawing to this old thread, since the holes for my Supermicro X8DTH differed at three places from the drawing supplied here.

supermicro_X8DTH_standoff.pdf

CPU: Intel PIII 700Mhz - RAM: 1GB 133mhz Sdram -CASE: Aopen HX08 - MOBO: Aopen AX34 - GPU's: Ati Rage 128 ultra 16MB; 2 x 3Dfx voodoo 2 12MB - HDD: Maxtor 2 x 30GB ATA100- AUDIO: Creative Audigy SE

• 4 years later...
On 7/25/2017 at 5:34 PM, suchamoneypit said:

Back when I got my EE-ATX Super Micro server board I had great difficulty finding the standoff locations to modify a case to use, and never did. Im working on modifying my case now and while I had my board out I thought I'd use my CADD experience to draw up a 1:1 scale template so anyone can use this info. The drawing is on a 18x24 sheet at 1:1 scale so you can print it out (can be printed at Staples for ~$2 in the U.S) and use it as a template.

Note: If your case fits E-ATX motherboards, there should be no issues modifying it to fit EE-ATX if it doesn't have special features. Mine seems like its gonna fit fine in my Corsair C70 (update: it fits perfect)

http://i.imgur.com/pzSLAzl.png

Note: Dimensions should be in mm (millimeters)

EEATX board layout.ipt 115 kB · 49 downloads

EEATX Board Layout.pdf 80.44 kB · 76 downloads

You saved my so much time! I registered this account just so I could thank you!

Thank you so much!