[UPDATED] Der8auer States Some X299 Low End boards Have Bad VRM Coolers

8 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

That's not too far off from the dual socket top end broadwell xeons.

The Xeon E5-2699A V4 22c CPU is $4940 I don't think that is close.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

3 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

The Xeon E5-4669 V4 22c CPU is $7000, that is more then 2 entry level 32c Epyc CPUs.

That is a quad socket chip. The dual socket chip 2699R V4 is only $4560

the first digit of the model number tells you socket count.

21 hours ago, VagabondWraith said:

I mean, his video doesn't apply to me because I'll never use Prime 95 in my system, ever. Much like I'll never use Furmark to burn my GPU to a crisp. But if you go and create the most unrealistic scenarios for anything out there, you're gonna have problems. 

I wonder what will happen if I take all my case fans out and let my components fend for themselves... they're gonna burn up right? No shit! xD That's how stupid his video is. If people are going to run Prime 95, then good on them. But I find it hard to believe people buying into HEDT don't understand the risks when they're not taking proper precautions and making sure that all their components are up to snuff.

The title of his video tells me he has vile intentions and was meant to rile people up.

Yeah, as You mentioned @VagabondWraith, doesn't make much sense. What You and some others wrote, does. I do run Prime, and some other torture tests. Just for the stability. Though, the paradox is, that some games [e.g. BF4, or COD], won't crank up my PC to 100%, when I run them locked up to 60 fps [now it's 100 fps, but back in the day I didn't have g-sync lcd] more than 70-80% of GPU power and round 60-70% of CPU, but CPU, when OCed in a bad way, will crash and result in BSOD. So these artificial torture tests are kind of two sided blade, at least from my experience.

And yes, there's one program called Intel Burn Test, which when set correctly, it can literally murder Your hardware. When I had 4790K, delidded, running under custom loop [later I've connected the VGA to the loop], I had him running at normal stable clocks somewhere around 4.8 GHz ["stable" bragging rights were around 5.2 GHz] with 1.298 vCore, and while under any test You point Your finger on, he never went above 80°C [tCore, not tCase] [24°C environment, ~50% RH].

And than I ran the Intel Burn Test [at least I think it was him]. I cranked up fans to 100%, just to be safe. Well...what came after was quiet shocking. Temps on all cores went haywire, they ran from 107°C up to ~130°-ish something. I turned off the test immediately. I've ran it a few more times, just to be sure it's not a bug. No...it wasn't. The readings were triple checked by CoreTemp and Ai Suite + Laser Thermometer on the back of my board. I'm not using Intel Burn Test from that day, like ever. It's pure evil I tell You, it's pure evil.

• 2 weeks later...

Asus has redesigned its heatsink for the x299 apex.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

Asus has redesigned its heatsink for the x299 apex.

Yes, I did watch that video too, however I want this thread to die, so I never updated it again

Yours faithfully

24 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Yes, I did watch that video too, however I want this thread to die, so I never updated it again

So I make new repost then? :D

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

So I make new repost then? :D

go ahead, 580 replies and 11K views is more than I ever want to see

Yours faithfully