OpenIV Shuts down due to Legal Issues

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/06/popular-gta-v-modding-tool-shuts-down-community-explodes/

The creators of Open IV, one of the most popular modding tools for GTA V, are shutting their services down. They claim they have received a cease and desist from Take-Two Interactive after nearly 10 years of operation. The news comes as a shock to the PC Grand Theft Auto community, who use OpenIV to add thousands of mods into GTA V.

Even though I can't play GTA V/4/3 etc,etc I'm suprised too.. A Dick move in my opinion.

According to a post on the official OpenIV website, the alleged cease and desist came on June 5th 2017. The supposed problem, OpenIV's creators say, is that the program allows "third parties to defeat security features of its software and modify that software in violation Take-Two's rights." After discussing their options, the team behind the tool says they decided it was not worth their time to fight back.

With the amount of people upset from this, I wouldn't be surprised if Take Two Came out and said something... Which i really doubt tbh

jhjofaya23bynwzz6s7l.png

Some people are even saying "I can safely say, "Fuck Take-Two and everything they represent." now"

I Agree. When I am able to play GTA V I want to be able to mod.. I mean, Some youtubers to LSPDFR Which I believe requires OpenIV to install cars,mods and all that stuff.

So, Cop role playing mods allow "third parties to defeat security features of its software and modify that software in violation Take-Two's rights" ? Lol okay

This seems like a really Butt hurt action to do. A lot of other popular games allow you to have mods for their game. But Take-Two? No. It's a big "Fuck you" now.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Well that's not shocking, really. What do you expect from a tool used to dig through files used by Rockstar's games?

It's used for Installing mods though. I'm assuming you can uninstall and install/ save a backup? idk. Never used it.

But Modding was always a fun feature for GTA V (especially GTA V)

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

still to this day i've never modded gta v 

if i wanted to play gta again, ever, i would want to play with mods. they seem fun.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

still to this day i've never modded gta v 

if i wanted to play gta again, ever, i would want to play with mods. they seem fun.

im probably going to be getting my new pc by the end of 2017.. And one of the biggest things i wanted to do in gta v was to mod the game with some rp mods or something.

I wonder, wouldn't this kill off GTA RP since OpenIV may have of been used to install FiveM

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

Just now, Rika Shiguma said:

im probably going to be getting my new pc by the end of 2017.. And one of the biggest things i wanted to do in gta v was to mod the game with some rp mods or something.

I wonder, wouldn't this kill off GTA RP since OpenIV may have of been used to install FiveM

>whats gta rp

can play gta right now, but i dont want to ass i see no reason for me to replay it.. again, if i was forced to replay, id play it with mods.

multiplayer isn't fun anymore, its mind numbing grinding.

gta 6 come out, i will preorder you again like gta v for pc. (it was worth my $140 I spent in total for GTA)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

>whats gta rp

can play gta right now, but i dont want to ass i see no reason for me to replay it.. again, if i was forced to replay, id play it with mods.

multiplayer isn't fun anymore, its mind numbing grinding.

gta 6 come out, i will preorder you again like gta v for pc. (it was worth my $140 I spent in total for GTA)

You dont wanna know what gta rp is

its cancer rlly.

im stuck with a shitty ass laptop so thats why i cant play. although i DO have it. (A friend gifted me a 75 fucking dollar game. jesus)

Oh and I'd just play online but invite-only (if thats a thing on pc)

so i could just fuck around

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

Jokes on them because I found a download for a slightly older version of OpenIV that wasn't taken down. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

wow, did not see this coming.  That seems so random.  I'd like to know what their problem even is... to the best of my knowledge it just lets you install mods, it's not breaking DRM or anything that's actually illegal or problematic.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Guess I won't be buying or playing their games anymore. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Yeah, this is sad, some huge names/series fall under their umbrella.  BioShock, Borderlands, Civilization, GTA (obviously), and Mafia just to name a few.  All dead :( 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

32 minutes ago, themctipers said:

>whats gta rp

I googled it and it's exactly what you'e thinking it is xD 

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

I googled it and it's exactly what you'e thinking it is xD 

i honestly have no idea.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

7 minutes ago, themctipers said:

i honestly have no idea.

You download an external program link that to the files and your RSSC account and play as usually a civ or cop etc and get a paycheck, But it's not as money grabbing as GTA:O.

16 minutes ago, vetali said:

In other words. Let's all kill their sales. So they'll be forced to allow it again? lol

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

1 minute ago, Rika Shiguma said:

In other words. Let's all kill their sales. So they'll be forced to allow it again? lol

Maybe not as others will still buy it, but the sales counter will show a decrease, and after this gong show, they might look into it... It'll be like that Steam workshop and paying for things, they'll change it and as soon as bombs start dropping and fallout starts flying they'll change their minds about it. But only time will tell.

Just now, CameronP90 said:

Maybe not as others will still buy it, but the sales counter will show a decrease, and after this gong show, they might look into it... It'll be like that Steam workshop and paying for things, they'll change it and as soon as bombs start dropping and fallout starts flying they'll change their minds about it. But only time will tell.

DCU7YT9XoAAPwud.jpg

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

24 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

No, they won't do it because money is involved. I support modding; I used to mod a long time ago when I was younger and I think modding is very valuable for gaming and gamers. There was a time when games were actually good, and devs even provided editors and mod tools. This wasn't an issue until DLC became a thing and companies became insecure that the product they would force people to pay for would be inferior to what some 14 year old could put out. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

RIP my Goku with his Kawasaki Z1100, you will be miss.

Spoiler

KNQPoRR.jpg

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

21 minutes ago, vetali said:

No, they won't do it because money is involved. I support modding; I used to mod a long time ago when I was younger and I think modding is very valuable for gaming and gamers. There was a time when games were actually good, and devs even provided editors and mod tools. This wasn't an issue until DLC became a thing and companies became insecure that the product they would force people to pay for would be inferior to what some 14 year old could put out. 

Gotta make sure there's no competition for their horse armor.

Spoiler

horsearmoroblivion.jpg

for fucks sake. this makes me so angry, arrogant bunch of dicks all of em. not buying anything from them anymore.

welp thats me not buying a tti game any more......seriously the games industry is cancer......

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

3 hours ago, Rika Shiguma said:

You dont wanna know what gta rp is

its cancer rlly.

im stuck with a shitty ass laptop so thats why i cant play. although i DO have it. (A friend gifted me a 75 fucking dollar game. jesus)

Oh and I'd just play online but invite-only (if thats a thing on pc)

so i could just fuck around

I gifted @Dan Castellaneta a copy of it :^) along with buying myself a copy

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

30 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Anyways, I don't think I'll be buying any more stuff for GTA V, if a GTA 6 does come out, that might be tough.

I've been someone who plays it without end, anxiously awaiting the next one so I can switch to it and continue on the same way, but in light of this, that stops now unless they realize their mistake.