CPU Cooler Compatibility

Well, I have a Corsair Carbide SPEC-Alpha and I plan to buy an i7-7700K paired with a Deepcool Lucifer V2 (in about 6M-1Y), but it's 1,2 cm. longer than my case width, according to both manufacturers' websites. Would it be "alright"? Or should I look for another CPU cooler?
There aren't much brands here (in Argentina) and I really love that Deepcool.
By the way, case "modding" is an option for me, but I'll appreciate all your advices/suggestions.
*** Pictures added.

Lucifer V2.jpg

Carbide SPEC-Alpha.png

With "modding" I mean making a few tiny holes for the CPU cooler's heatpipes on top of it.

12mm would be more than just a "few tiny holes" it would mean cutting out the entire huge rectangle for the fins and fan to stick through.

Either buy a new case or buy a different cooler because it will look horrible if you try to mod that to fit.

Even leaving the side panel off would probably look 10x better.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

12mm would be more than just a "few tiny holes" it would mean cutting out the entire huge rectangle for the fins and fan to stick through.

Either buy a new case or buy a different cooler because it will look horrible if you try to mod that to fit.

Even leaving the side panel off would probably look 10x better.

But there aren't many CPU coolers that could both fit in my budget and provide me good value/OC room/looks... I found just 3 brands between my price point:
1- Deepcool
2- Zalman
3- Cooler Master.